8 Weeks In - Protocol Not Working - Estrogen High

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverside90

Hi All - I have been on TRT for roughly 8 weeks. My Pre TRT bloods are posted below. I had/have the classic symptoms of very poor libido, no energy, no gains from working out, no energy, sleep issues..etc. My GP was going to treat with 100mg Test-C every 2 weeks! I decided to seek a different doctor. I decided to go with one of the well known doctors in the country and he quickly requested a 24 hour urine sample for my hormones and then put me on Clomid as I am 35 and a clear case of secondary hypogonadism. Clomid had zero "feeling" impacts for me (did raise my total T). I have now been on 70mg E3.5D Test-C injections for 8 weeks and I have had no positive benefits that I can tell even though my Total T has increased dramatically. My E2 is now high as well and I am hopeful that I can get some relief after I was finally able to get my bloods done and finally get ahold of my Dr and he is now recommending Anastrozole (.25mg for every injection). While trying to contact my Doctor, in an effort to lower my E2, I have been doing 40mg EOD and 250IU of HCG twice a week instead of 200IU EOD before. At EOD, would .25 Anastrozole be too much? My libido is still very low and energy level is roughly the same. Do you recommend I do anything else? I really need my libido, this has been a grueling process so far with no benefits. Another interesting thing is that he has never requested a Prolactin test. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Would lowering my Estrogen unlock the actual potential of the testosterone? Is my dosage of prescribed AI reasonable? Should I do something else other than an AI?

Side note - I have really struggled with my doctor with the time it takes for him and staff to write my scripts, schedule blood labs..etc. While I am new and trying to dial in, this has been more than frustrating! Is this common?

Pre TRT:

Total T = 193 ng/dL 241-827
Free T = 3.50 ng/dL 3.70-23.28
SHBG = 33.2 nmol/L 11.0-57.0
E2 = 2.0 ***956;g/24hrs 0.8 – 7.0
FSH = 0.9 [IU]/L 1.4 - 18.1 mIU/mL
LH = 1.3 [IU]/L 1.5 - 8.1 mIU/mL
DHT = 1.6***956;g/24hrs 3–16
TSH = 1.020 uIU/mL 0.350-5.500

Post TRT (6 weeks):
Testosterone Total - 712 ng/dL 240 - 950 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free - 173.9 pg/mL 46.0-224.0 pg/ml
SHBG - 20 nmol/L 10 - 57 nmol/L
Estradiol (E2) - 63 H pg/mL 10-40

I would start Anastrozole at .25mg every 3.5 days. Your E2 isn't all that high really so that should be more than enough AI.

Checking your prolactin wouldn't hurt.

How much sleep are you getting and what is your diet like? How much exercise do you get a week?

Sleep has been decent. I think when my E2 spikes, I get up roughly 3 hours earlier than I should but overall I am sleeping ok. My diet is good, lots of vegetables, meats and minimal bad carbs. I have been doing the 5x5 Stronglifts workout for over 2 months now and really enjoying it. I was doing P90X3 for a year prior to that with almost no gains or effective weight loss. I think weight training will be much better for me overall but I am waiting to feel benefits from the testosterone at this point considering how low I was, I imagine that had to be the reason for my lack of libido, ED issues and energy and brain fog issues. I'm really hopeful to dial into something but I am very down on it right now. I am 6'2" and roughly 200lbs.

Last edited:
Stronglifts is a solid program. I think if you keep at it and get that estrogen in check you will be a new man.

Most guys here seem to like their E pretty high. I feel better at the low end. Finding that sweet spot is the hardest part of getting TRT dialed in IMO. It changes during the first year too, or did for me. Took a while to settle into a good place but it was life changing once I got there.

Sleep has been decent. I think when my E2 spikes, I get up roughly 3 hours earlier than I should but overall I am sleeping ok. My diet is good, lots of vegetables, meats and minimal bad carbs. I have been doing the 5x5 Stronglifts workout for over 2 months now and really enjoying it. I was doing P90X3 for a year prior to that with almost no gains or effective weight loss. I think weight training will be much better for me overall but I am waiting to feel benefits from the testosterone at this point considering how low I was, I imagine that had to be the reason for my lack of libido, ED issues and energy and brain fog issues. I'm really hopeful to dial into something but I am very down on it right now. I am 6'2" and roughly 200lbs.

What are "bad carbs"?

This seems to be a prolactin problem stemming from E2. However like Meg said OP's E2 level isn't really too high. But I want to add if you have had unstable and high E2 while trying to get it right , this can cause the prolactin to kick up, hence terrible ED problems, libido as well as climax problems.

If OP can dial in the E2 and be patient with what E2 is good for him it will come back.

My 2 cents...

PS: Back to the ED and libido problem.

Last edited:
I requested an ultra sensitive Estradiol test from Quest on Monday (on an off day of my EOD injection schedule) and the results came in at 100! Scale was <=29. My AI as I mentioned started on Tuesday after this blood draw. Thoughts on dose when E2 is that high?

I requested an ultra sensitive Estradiol test from Quest on Monday (on an off day of my EOD injection schedule) and the results came in at 100! Scale was <=29. My AI as I mentioned started on Tuesday after this blood draw. Thoughts on dose when E2 is that high?
I would recommend .25mg of adex every 3.5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back