a bit of insulin post workout on a cut, yay or nay?

SoHo

[gill]
when i bulk 10iu of humalog with breakfast and 10iu after training (in the evening) does wonders for me. not to mention it keeps me full as fuck.

at 10iu pins i can get away with sipping on 50-60g of simple carbs over the course of 30 minutes from injection time.

super low carb (under 50g and sometimes even 0) during the week works very well for me when i cut along with weekend carb loading.

when i cut i focus on glutamine and BCAA's, vitamins and creatine A LOT even more than when i'm bulking.

so what are your feelings on implementing just 5-6iu of humalog once a day post workout along with the supplements listed above (and of course my protein shake and simple necessary simple carbs)?

most guys say no . however I'm just now starting a 'light' cut , and I will be implementing Slin at 5-10 iu post work out on high carb days (3-4 days a week) ,, along with my AAS cycle, and peptides cycle. we'll see how it goes. I'm not going to go as low carb on this cut as I usually would cause I'm implementing some strength based programming as well. figured the Slin should be fine on the high carb days PW

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/685346-hgh-peptides-anabolic-stack.html

will be Humalin R along with my cycle of - HGH, GHRP2, IGF1, CJ1295.. with test, primo and low dose deca

most guys say no . however I'm just now starting a 'light' cut , and I will be implementing Slin at 5-10 iu post work out on high carb days (3-4 days a week) ,, along with my AAS cycle, and peptides cycle. we'll see how it goes. I'm not going to go as low carb on this cut as I usually would cause I'm implementing some strength based programming as well. figured the Slin should be fine on the high carb days PW

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/685346-hgh-peptides-anabolic-stack.html

will be Humalin R along with my cycle of - HGH, GHRP2, IGF1, CJ1295.. with test, primo and low dose deca
thanks for the insight.. i'm on hgh as well, pharma grade 3iu @ 5x a week.

i've done 5-6iu slin post workout in the past when i was first trying it out, so im sure now the extra 40g of sugar i consume wont make much of a difference seeing as how i consume basically no carbs during the week...

you definitely know slin is notorious for unwanted fat gain. so for a cut i don't think Humulin R would be the best choice because of the longer half life as compared to humalog. longer half life = greater chance of accumulating fat AND greater chances of going hypo [which results in the need for more carbs]. so i would really suggest using humalog simply due to the shorter active window.

i'd also recommend switching the deca for NPP, much less bloat in my experience, and personally i just love the idea of fast acting compounds.

good luck brah

Last edited:
thanks for the insight.. i'm on hgh as well, pharma grade 3iu @ 5x a week.

you definitely know slin is notorious for unwanted fat gain. so for a cut i don't think Humulin R would be the best choice because of the longer half life as compared to humalog. longer half life = greater chance of accumulating fat AND greater chances of going hypo [which results in the need for more carbs]. so i would really suggest using humalog simply due to the shorter active window.

i'd also recommend switching the deca for NPP, much less bloat in my experience, and personally i just love the idea of fast acting compounds.

good luck brah

my preferred option is Humalog , or some other brand of fast acting insulin . however I only have Humalin R available to me at the moment (over the counter , no script necessary) though I could try a bit harder and go 'online'. Thanks for the insight in regards to the medium acting insulin having more chance of adding fat (not ideal for a cut obviously).

I usually always front load a Deca cycle with NPP ,, usually NPP for weeks 1-6 and deca for weeks 1-14. Big fan of NPP, and ran it my last few bulks. however, I'm not running it this time because I'm only running 250mg of deca mainly for joint support (and for a little bit of synergy with the HGH, TB500, and added IGF1 ,, possibly for some healing benefits). Just want my joints feeling good going into some strength based programming, and Deca always helps with that.

my preferred option is Humalog , or some other brand of fast acting insulin . however I only have Humalin R available to me at the moment (over the counter , no script necessary) though I could try a bit harder and go 'online'. Thanks for the insight in regards to the medium acting insulin having more chance of adding fat (not ideal for a cut obviously).

I usually always front load a Deca cycle with NPP ,, usually NPP for weeks 1-6 and deca for weeks 1-14. Big fan of NPP, and ran it my last few bulks. however, I'm not running it this time because I'm only running 250mg of deca mainly for joint support (and for a little bit of synergy with the HGH, TB500, and added IGF1 ,, possibly for some healing benefits). Just want my joints feeling good going into some strength based programming, and Deca always helps with that.

ah, 250mg deca a week is not much, just a little over a cruise dose i'd imagine. and when you say IGF1 are you referring to IGF-1 LR3 or anything in that family?

also TB500 is some great stuff. about a year ago i had a terrible infection (cellulitis) in my knuckle which spread all the way up my arm, was hospitalized for 2 weeks on antibiotics, etc. the infection eroded my tendon. doctors say i was looking at a12-16 week healing time. and no gym for 6 months.

i used TB500 i forgot what dose, but IM into my bicep of that same arm and my tendon was basically fully healed after 6 weeks, and i was back in the gym after 2 and a half months. great stuff

yeah 250-300 mg of deca should keep my joints lubricated, and give me a slight anabolic response along with the 600mg of primo I'll be running as my 'anti-cataboic' while I go into a bit of a calorie deficit. should be able to maintain muscle mass just fine with those.
by IGF , I just meant IGF in general that will come from the HGH, and GHRPs , as well as the small amount of IGF increase that comes from taking Deca.. I'm running IGF-LR3 at 50mcg as well.

Good to hear about the TB500 . I'm hoping to get some relief . At 39 years old (post multiple injuries and surgeries), I'm really trying to plan out cycles and compounds that help with not just putting on mass or leaning out, but overall 'regenerative' health and benefits; I could easily just run test/tren/mast , and be done with it and be lean and full .. but, I'm a little 'worn out' or tired of running anabolics at high dosages and getting that 'blah' toxic feeling . figured I would experiment and mix things up a bit with different compounds and peptides and see if I can make some progress without just jumping on more and more gear

same reason I'm considering the slin, even on a cut .. figured if I'm going to be going high carb on leg day and back day anyway, why not try to run slin post workout with the carbs anyhow. just experimenting with things right now. I can always go back to the basics if need be

So Slin is notorious for fat gains? How could that be? Would it have to do with a "overspill" of carbs? Like let's say... 5iu Slin= 50-60 gram carbs (10-12g carbs per iu of Slin)... And you take 70 or 80 g instead, does the rest get stored as fat? But if you're on AAS, Slin and HGH... And I'll be on T3 25mcg to replace my normal production because Tren and Deca slows it down somewhat... What is the possibility for fat gain? Because from what I'm thinking... There's:
Tren, Deca: 2 of the strongest compounds
Slin: one of the most anabolic substances
T3: keep that metabolism revving and proper food partitioning along with tren's nutrient partitioning...
HGH: cell growth, recovery, FAT LOSS
Wouldn't I gain muscle at a MUCH faster rate than putting on fat?
I'm planning on running Slin, but I have to keep somewhat of my 4 top abs to do photo shoots lol

Last edited:
Back