A competition in a year

FitnessGirl1000

Hello,

I am a 17 year old girl. I have got my first trainer when I was in 6th grade. Since then I have been working my way around the gym learning new things and the correct technique. I now have a stellar work out. I do split days. I eat correctly lots of protein and low low carbs, drink lots of water etc. I have decided to take my training to the next step. I would love to do a Fitness Figure girl competition.

My questions are:

1. What do the judges look for?
2. I have strength, but how do I gain more strength just in upper body. My lower body gets stronger every leg day.
3. I want ripped arms any suggestions?
4. How do I find trainers in my area that work with people just for competition purposes?

Hope someone can help. Its a goal and I will achieve it!

Hey sweetie, are you competing in fitness or figure?
The rules are a little different for the two.
I hope you don't mind that I moved this over to the femme forum as I think you'll get a little more help over here.
By the way, welcome to the board hun!

In the competition its the same thing. Most categorys are called Fitness Figure for women. Some you dance ( 2 minute strength routine) and some you dont. Im willing to do either one. I think im gonna take gymnastics. The reason I put it in training is because i read through some of the topics in the femme forum and i just figured i'd get more out of the training forum.

Fitness and Figure are two totally different categories in canada. The fitness you require a two minute routine, there is a one piece round and there is a two piece round.
The Figure category there is a one piece suit of your choice, a two piece suit of your choice and then they have added another round where all the girls must wear a two piece black suit and black shoes. Now that is in Canada and it varies from state to state. The Fitness America pageants are different as well. Do you know what show you would be looking to do? Or what organization the show is put on through? The Natural Organizations rules are different as well. If you could tell me what show or which organization you plan to compete with, I can forward you a website to check out.
That's wonderful that you have chosen to take the fitness route at 17yrs old, congratulations sweetie.

Hey, well i probably am gonna go do a competition through like NPC or lee Labrada competition. hes a big known body builder here in houston texas. The problem is i dont knwo what organization to go through for novice state. You see to do nationals there are pre reqs for getting in. I dont think i like the natural competitions..

do a local NPC qualifier show.. then you do an NPC state level show that qualifies you for natiionals, then nationals can turn athletes pro.. those are the 4 NPC levels:

local
state
national
IFBB PRO

FitnessGirl said:

My questions are:

1. What do the judges look for?
2. I have strength, but how do I gain more strength just in upper body. My lower body gets stronger every leg day.
3. I want ripped arms any suggestions?
4. How do I find trainers in my area that work with people just for competition purposes?

Hope someone can help. Its a goal and I will achieve it!

Hello and welcome my dear...You will have to wait till you turn 18 to compete in the NPC.... But if you talk with your local NPC representative, they will help answer any other questions you have regarding age and eligablility...

Please visit www.npcnewsonline.com to get the whole story...

What area are you in? West coast? Midwest? Northeast? Eastcoast? down South? Canada?

In the One & Two piece rounds they look for and are assessing teh overall physique for degree of athleticism, proportion and skin tone. Firnmess, symmetry, and overal appearance including complexion, poise and overall presentation...

So If one of the girls can present herself better than the other, then she will place higher...

In the fitness round there is a Maximum 2 min. routine during pre-judging (night show normally only top 5 will perform)... Judges are looking or style, personality, athletic coordination, strength moves, endurance and overall performance. Your costume will be judged as well.

There are six mandatory fitness moves, (3 Strength & 3 Flexibility), that are used. Fitness competitors must incorporate the following six moves into their 2 minute fitness routines. They include; 1-arm push-up / straddle hold / L-hold/ full split to the front / High Kicks / and a full split to the side.

Back