A week into first cycle, got some sides questions

cdiggity

Hey guys,

Did my 3rd pin yesterday and so far loving the cycle. I have some questions about side effects and curious if people more seasoned can help me.

First, I haven't seen an increase in sex drive. Before pinning it was like I had to jerk off every day to survive. Now I can go days without playing with the little guy and be just fine. Note, everything is entirely functional, it's just the only things I think about are eating food (lots and lots of healthy food. I've never craved so much chicken before) and working out (about to go to the gym every day this week bc it is all I want to do). When can I expect this side to come in, or is it pretty normal for some people to have a decrease instead of increase on sex drive?

Second, I am weighing myself every week and was shocked to see my weight go down after 1 week of pinning. I went down like 5lbs. This is despite over doubling my food intake, most of that being clean foods (chicken, brown rice, veggies). While I plan to monitor overall, does this tend to happen? I'm hoping it is just fat that went away, but curious to hear others thoughts before I try to double my food intake again.

Any insight is super great guys!

Doing a post edit about number one, I am pretty sure my gear isn't bunk. I'm having massive sides in terms of eating way more, lifting way more (strength has gone up in every category) but was surprised to see a lack of sex drive and my weight go down.

Last edited:
Please list your entire cycle with everything your taking. My guess your estrogen got to high or maybe your testosterone is under dosed but still has just enough in it to shut you down. Hopefully this is all in your head and you get some great gains soon.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a...ory-shit-me-before-my-first-cycle-thread.html

Following this to a T. I def hope it's not the case that the gear is bunk! I can certainly feel pip after an injection!

I think the sex drive might just be because of shifting priorities. Now that I want to lift and eat way too much, I just am not thinking about sex as much as I did prior to cycling (which is way easy for me to do).

Let me know if I should consider anything else!

Also, just to clarify, I still do get hard and get horny thinking about sex, I just thought it would be constant and I find myself thinking about food way more often than sex. Not sure if it is just mismatched expectations or what, but just want to make sure I am being safe.

Last edited:
Please list your entire cycle with everything your taking. My guess your estrogen got to high or maybe your testosterone is under dosed but still has just enough in it to shut you down. Hopefully this is all in your head and you get some great gains soon.

This ^^^ so what about telling us you entire cycle. Also you are not being detailed enough with info and Q's. You need to tell us what your calorie count is. It is possible that due to the enhanced metabolism by AAS you are burning fat and even more tissue you do not want to burn by not eating enough calories.

This ^^^ so what about telling us you entire cycle. Also you are not being detailed enough with info and Q's. You need to tell us what your calorie count is. It is possible that due to the enhanced metabolism by AAS you are burning fat and even more tissue you do not want to burn by not eating enough calories.

Hey man thanks for letting me know. I linked my thread above with my exact cycle and will be calculating my calories to be more exact when I get home.

I have a feeling last week I didn't eat enough. I underestimated just how hungry I would get when on cycle (will not make that mistake twice!). Thanks again for the feedback.

I just did a back of a napkin math and I think you might be right, I need more calories and protein. Currently weigh 150. Am eating only 2300 a day, taking in 234g of protein a day on nonworkout days. When I go to the gym I end it with a protein shake adding on about 35g of protein. Going to add another meal inbetween breakfast and lunch, along with adding more brown rice to my meals for carb action.

If you need more specifics, please do let me know!

Last edited:
Estrogen is probably high with the sex drive issue. I'm sure the gear isn't bunk if you're getting stronger, also you say your in a calorie deficit and getting stronger that's another indicator your gear is probably legit. How many milligrams of test are you doing every week?

Estrogen is probably high with the sex drive issue. I'm sure the gear isn't bunk if you're getting stronger, also you say your in a calorie deficit and getting stronger that's another indicator your gear is probably legit. How many milligrams of test are you doing every week?

Im doing 500mg a week, following a typical first cycle to a T.

My Estrogen might have been too high. When I started out, I couldn't break my ai in half, so I had to take a double dose every other day for the first 4 days of the cycle. Got a pill cutter earlier this week and hopefully things will continue to mellow out.

"One pill every other day"? I'm gonna make a bunch of assumptions here but if your AI is like mine, those pills are 1mg each. You are talking about 3.5mg/wk and at 500/wk test, you are crashing your estrogen. (Unless your body fat is really high)

I'm at 700/wk and my AI at 2.5mg/wk keeps my E2 quite low

"One pill every other day"? I'm gonna make a bunch of assumptions here but if your AI is like mine, those pills are 1mg each. You are talking about 3.5mg/wk and at 500/wk test, you are crashing your estrogen. (Unless your body fat is really high)

I'm at 700/wk and my AI at 2.5mg/wk keeps my E2 quite low

Wait really? When I posted, I mentioned that I was going to take 10mg of Exemestanum a day, and people didn't tell me that I was crashing. And you think I should be doing a lot less? If so, please do let me know how often I should be taking it...

Well there's the thing about assumptions. I never saw that you were taking aromasin. I'm doing anastrazole. Completely different beast. Sorry about that.

The only true way to know what's going on is bloodwork. Too much E2 and not enough E2 can have some similarities

Lemme add that tho chances are slim, your aromasin could be bunk or your test could be something else (like tren)

Stranger things have been documented. Simplest tho is just that your levels are a bit off.

Not everyone gets the 'I could hump a rock' reaction to high test

Wait really? When I posted, I mentioned that I was going to take 10mg of Exemestanum a day, and people didn't tell me that I was crashing. And you think I should be doing a lot less? If so, please do let me know how often I should be taking it...

This ^^^ Holy shit are you serious ....:Pat:

Lemme add that tho chances are slim, your aromasin could be bunk or your test could be something else (like tren)

Stranger things have been documented. Simplest tho is just that your levels are a bit off.

Not everyone gets the 'I could hump a rock' reaction to high test

I think the last point may just be it. I've looked up the symptoms for low and high E2, and can't say I am really having them. Maybe lack of water retention, but I normally piss a lot so it is tough to say.

Everything else is working fine. I am finding enough motivation to get to the gym, dick feels wonderful when touched etc. I think I'm gonna wait it out another week and then do bloods to see how things are, unless you guys think I should cut down on my aromasin. If you do, please let me know asap!

I think the last point may just be it. I've looked up the symptoms for low and high E2, and can't say I am really having them. Maybe lack of water retention, but I normally piss a lot so it is tough to say.

Everything else is working fine. I am finding enough motivation to get to the gym, dick feels wonderful when touched etc. I think I'm gonna wait it out another week and then do bloods to see how things are, unless you guys think I should cut down on my aromasin. If you do, please let me know asap!

if your not experiencing any sides why cut down your ai dosage? and your dick feels wonderful when touched??? huh? View attachment 566889

I think you've got the right idea. Stay the course another week and get bloods done. We are all just guessing until you have real data. Please keep us posted

So, nobody has jumped on the fact that you said you were 3 pins in - which for me means 1-1/2 weeks. Not enough time to see anything negative or positive.

So, nobody has jumped on the fact that you said you were 3 pins in - which for me means 1-1/2 weeks. Not enough time to see anything negative or positive.

Ah ha ha haa , maybe I didn't mention but I did , in talking to my wife say something about WTF w 3 weeks or 1-1'2 weeks .Either way Not enough time... :Pat:

you are crashing your estrogen. (Unless your body fat is really high)

And if bodyfat % is high, You better watch out for Estrogen. BF increases aromatise.. The higher the bodyfat the more estrogen sides. Pay close attention if you do have high bf%. As 15% bf or lower is more optimal for aas use. Too much risk of gyno with high body fat, need to really control everything with the right AI and dosing if your hell bent on it. Obviously I don't know yet, so Whats your bf% at?

Last edited:
And if bodyfat % is high, You better watch out for Estrogen. BF increases aromatise.. The higher the bodyfat the more estrogen sides. Pay close attention if you do have high bf%. As 15% bf or lower is more optimal for aas use. Too much risk of gyno with high body fat, need to really control everything with the right AI and dosing if your hell bent on it. Obviously I don't know yet, so Whats your bf% at?

I'm about 15%, maybe 16% now after eating a lot.

I knew I wouldn't see any lean mass gains (muscles looking fuller but I think this is all in my mind, or water gains) but was under the impression that the mental sides would occur faster.

Gonna get blood work this weekend and will post looking for advice then :)

Back