Aborting cycle! post cycle therapy (pct) after 10 days test e?

Hopefuldoc2012

Aborting cycle! PCT after 10 days test e?

So a buddy of mine got an infection and is aborting his cycle because his gear might be contaminated. Was his 1st cycle. He had test e 250 mg on day 0, day 7, and day 10. For a total of 750 mg in 10 days. Last dose was 5 days ago. He has liquid Clomid, Tamoxifen tabs, and liquid Aromasin.

What kind of post cycle therapy (pct) should he do? How should he adjust his training/eating during post cycle therapy (pct)?

Aborting cycle! PCT after 10 days test e?

So a buddy of mine got an infection and is aborting his cycle because his gear might be contaminated. Was his 1st cycle. He had test e 250 mg on day 0, day 7, and day 10. For a total of 750 mg in 10 days. Last dose was 5 days ago. He has liquid clomid, Tamoxifen tabs, and liquid Aromasin.

What kind of post cycle therapy (pct) should he do? How should he adjust his training/eating during post cycle therapy (pct)?

I suggested Aromasin 25 mg daily for next week, then Tamoxifen 20 mg daily for 3 weeks. Is that overkill? Anyone have actual experience with this situation?

How does he know he has an infection as opposed to irritation from a needle and oil in depot?

Especially with test, fever, chills, flu like symptoms may appear on a first cycle, also redness, swelling, and pain can be common.

Usually if you press on the infected area, it will stay indented for a second instead of immediately bouncing back.

Also more important, if he has an infection, what is he planning to do about it? If he thinks he has a dirty bottle of gear, which IMO is very rare, all he has to do is order a syringe filter, 18g pin, 10ml syringe, and a sterile vial from a sponsor, remove the crimp from the bottle, heat it for acouple minutes in a pan on the stove, but make sure crimp and stopper are out or top will blow off. After it's warm, swirl in one direction for a minute, and while warm, filter into sterile vial.

I've seen guys reuse pins, inject old dirty looking gear, all kinds of things and it's very rare that I've seen an abcess or any infection that would make me stop.

Syringe filters are cheap. Get a few and filter every vial you get if you really are concerned, and I would use a different supplier but I doubt it's infected from dirty gear. Maybe from pinning.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't bother with post cycle therapy (pct) after 10 days, no need to add chemicals when he should easily get back to normal in a week or two after the test clears. Definitely doesn't need 25mg of aromisin a day, I can't use that much on a gram of test. It's not a high dose, it's just not needed.

If anything I would run 20mg of nolva for 2 weeks, nolva is pretty mild, I take 10mg on occassion because it good for lipids, actually I switched to Torem but if he wants to stop he can just stop or low dose nolva for a week or two. Personally I think clomid at 50mg is over kill. He's 10 days in, really no need to further alter hormones if he's stopping.

How does he know he has an infection as opposed to irritation from a needle and oil in depot?

Especially with test, fever, chills, flu like symptoms may appear on a first cycle, also redness, swelling, and pain can be common.

Usually if you press on the infected area, it will stay indented for a second instead of immediately bouncing back.

Also more important, if he has an infection, what is he planning to do about it? If he thinks he has a dirty bottle of gear, which IMO is very rare, all he has to do is order a syringe filter, 18g pin, 10ml syringe, and a sterile vial from a sponsor, remove the crimp from the bottle, heat it for acouple minutes in a pan on the stove, but make sure crimp and stopper are out or top will blow off. After it's warm, swirl in one direction for a minute, and while warm, filter into sterile vial.

I've seen guys reuse pins, inject old dirty looking gear, all kinds of things and it's very rare that I've seen an abcess or any infection that would make me stop.

Syringe filters are cheap. Get a few and filter every vial you get if you really are concerned, and I would use a different supplier but I doubt it's infected from dirty gear. Maybe from pinning.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't bother with pct after 10 days, no need to add chemicals when he should easily get back to normal in a week or two after the test clears. Definitely doesn't need 25mg of aromisin a day, I can't use that much on a gram of test. It's not a high dose, it's just not needed.

If anything I would run 20mg of nolva for 2 weeks, nolva is pretty mild, I take 10mg on occassion because it good for lipids, actually I switched to Torem but if he wants to stop he can just stop or low dose nolva for a week or two. Personally I think clomid at 50mg is over kill. He's 10 days in, really no need to further alter hormones if he's stopping.

So the gear is Biotech Pharmaclinico te250 @ 250 mg/mL. We put the gear through a .22 micrometer Whatman filter before he ever used it and transferred to a sterile vial purchased online. He was having a lot of post injection pain (#1 and #2). The night of pin #3 he got a low grade fever (100.6), chills, sweats that lasted about 24 hours. Pain in the leg decreased and about 2 days later he noted a large circular area of redness (not bright red - more like a sunburn) around 8" in diameter and warmth over the location of pin # 2 (about 5-6 days after injection).

I've got the same gear for my 1st cycle. I've read that they (Biotech Pharmaclinico) use ethyl oleate with all their gear and that this can be irritating for some people.

At 1st we thought it was "test flu", then with the rash we thought maybe just irritation/allergic reaction. But he went to the ER and the doc told him cellulitis - put him on antibiotics and he started feeling better the next 2 days. (Redness gone 2 days later.)

Is he overreacting? Should I be worried about my gear? I can't afford to have an infection/feel like crap. I think he is just looking to cut his losses before he does any real damage. We don't have access to human grade only UGL stuff.

Last edited:
Good response and cellulitis is probably the exact cause of the reaction. It's really hard to determine a cause, a .22 filter should remove pretty much remove anything in the oil. The problem is that even the needle in the air prior to inject can pick up bacteria.

I wouldn't be too worried about trying to human grade instead of ugl, which biotech claims to be human grade, but just try to be as sterile as reasonably possible.

Sounds like he was just unlucky. I had a small red mark that began to streak down my arm from my delt, a couple weeks ago, slightly warm, but it went away on it's own in a couple days.

So my friend and I have the same gear so we are planning on doing two things. Now that his cellulitis is gone he is thinking about retrying the gear. We are going to bake the gear (despite this not being an ideal way to kill pathogens) followed by cutting it with sterile USP cottonseed oil in a 1:1 fashion. We are then going to refilter it with a .2 micrometer sterile Whattman syringe filter and transfer to a new sterile sealed vial. Our hope is that this will decrease post injection pain/reaction (really bad with this stuff for some reason) and eliminate any chance that the gear is actually contaminated. After talking to him again it sounds like he was bleeding a bit after that last quad pin and didn't wait for the bleeding to stop to put a heating pad on (possible source of bacteria?)

Bump? Anyone have any opinions on this plan of action? Also, a question on filtering. Do you guys filter with suction or draw the fluid into a syringe and push it through the filter/needle into a sterile vial? We drew it up and pushed it into a sterile vial. Is that the proper procedure?

Also, he is planning on getting some blood work done to answer this question of "Am I shut down after 10 days of test e?" for good. When is the ideal time to check test, estradiol, LH, and FSH to see if he is suppressed? Is 2 weeks after last pin enough time?

I dont wanna sound like a Dick but you should have everything planned put prior to taking first pin as well as all gear.

For good as in shutdown and won't comeback. If he was shutdown it sure wasn't long. The human body will eventually recover without post cycle therapy (pct) gear. We take serms cause of the spike of estrogen and we want the hpta back in action so we don't lose our gains because of low natural test. Get the bloodwork if you want but won't really tell you where your at if he didnt get bloods before the cycle. Won't tell him how his levels compare prior to the cycle.

I dont wanna sound like a Dick but you should have everything planned put prior to taking first pin as well as all gear.

For good as in shutdown and won't comeback. If he was shutdown it sure wasn't long. The human body will eventually recover without post cycle therapy (pct) gear. We take serms cause of the spike of estrogen and we want the hpta back in action so we don't lose our gains because of low natural test. Get the bloodwork if you want but won't really tell you where your at if he didnt get bloods before the cycle. Won't tell him how his levels compare prior to the cycle.

He had Tamoxifen on hand for post cycle therapy (pct) prior to him starting the cycle. And he did get bloodwork done prior to cycle and everything was in normal range for his age. I'm confused, what more did he need to plan for?

I know he will recover eventually if he did not do any post cycle therapy (pct). The question was will he be shut down enough to warrant a full/traditional post cycle therapy (pct) or any post cycle therapy (pct) at all.

There seem to be differing opinions on whether he would be shut down after only 3 injections in 10 days so I suggested he take the opportunity to check his blood levels to see for sure.

The question is how long he should wait before getting bloodwork to determine his level of shut down (low LH, low FSH, low to normal test because of residual test e) Does anyone have experience with timing of blood work after a cycle?

Well normally for e it would be after post cycle therapy (pct). 6 weeks after last pin. But considering it was only 10 days not sure. He's def shutdown. Though its a long ester its still in the blood. Just doesn't really kick in untill week 4.

I mean to have what your running set, your Aromatase inhibitor (AI) set, and post cycle therapy (pct) planned out. I didn't realize he had bloods before. I doubt it will take long to recover from this.

Throw it in the trash and take a loss. Not worth going through the same crap again.

I'm just getting over some crap Pars T300 and could barely walk or sit. Took six days off from the gym so far.

Well normally for e it would be after post cycle therapy (pct). 6 weeks after last pin. But considering it was only 10 days not sure. He's def shutdown. Though its a long ester its still in the blood. Just doesn't really kick in untill week 4.

I mean to have what your running set, your Aromatase inhibitor (AI) set, and post cycle therapy (pct) planned out. I didn't realize he had bloods before. I doubt it will take long to recover from this.

Thanks for your help Bigherm. We also had Aromasin on hand for Aromatase inhibitor (AI) just in case. All was planned for except this infection/reaction/whatever this was.

BTW, I spoke with a source who told me that Biotech Pharmaclinico does in fact use Ethyl Oleate. I've been doing a lot of reading and his reaction sounds a lot like an EO intolerance/allergy. Anyone have experience with this?

So a buddy of mine got an infection and is aborting his cycle because his gear might be contaminated. Was his 1st cycle. He had test e 250 mg on day 0, day 7, and day 10. For a total of 750 mg in 10 days. Last dose was 5 days ago. He has liquid Clomid, Tamoxifen tabs, and liquid Aromasin.

start 30mg clomi 10mg nolva or some thing of that sort for the next 3 weeks

Man that sucks on his first.

Wish him the best

Back