Abs: Do you work them out?

HGH guts for the loss.

This might have been touched on already, but abs are like any other muscle. Yes you have to work them, ESPECIALLY if you want attractive full core traits; serratus, obliques...

Yes it doesn't matter if your bf% is too high to see them, but it's still a muscle group. Compound movement will increase core strength, but pullups also increase bicep strength. You aren't going to get massive biceps doing pullups though.

I don't know if that's a good analogy. I didn't train my arms for years and they have some pretty solid development on them. Not sure if I gave them their own day it would have made that much of a difference

It's like this, u see noobs in the gym constantly working there abs with very high body fat, it would look very silly to have chizled abs with not being toned all around
Abs are built in the kitchen simple fact

It's like this, u see noobs in the gym constantly working there abs with very high body fat, it would look very silly to have chizled abs with not being toned all around

Cupcakes are built in the kitchen. Abs are built like everything else.

I don't know if that's a good analogy. I didn't train my arms for years and they have some pretty solid development on them. Not sure if I gave them their own day it would have made that much of a difference

From a bodybuilding view... yes you train your abs directly. If you're a powerlifter, probably not.

Abs on a skinny dude is like big tits on a fat chick...lol funny quote i like

I keep seeing this quote all over the place and yet we all know its bullshit LOL.

How many guys want to fuck fat chicks with big tits?

Ok now if your being HONEST with yourself, how many chicks want to fuck skinny dudes with a 6 pack?

Enough said :)

From a bodybuilding view... yes you train your abs directly. If you're a powerlifter, probably not.

Actually, many powerlifters train core on top of compound exercises. A strong core translates to increased lifts everywhere else.

It IS a matter of body fat percentage as Prince mentioned, and I tend to activate them enough with squats/deadlifts/triceps push-downs/pull-overs, but I'll toss in the occasional Roman chair or planks if I still feel like I have an abundance of energy after a workout.

I do want to state that the "blocky" look is possible if too much attention is paid to isolation of the abdominal groups. I've seen this happen with close friends as their abs start to dominate everything else, changing their appearance.

My .02c :)

Cupcakes are built in the kitchen. Abs are built like everything else.
really? I hardly did one bit of cardio when I cut last year, along with ab work 3 to 4 sets a week isn't much, if I felt like doing direct work to my abs I guess
In order to show your abs u have to be at a decent body fat percentage as everyone has abs it's just the amount of body fat covering those abs

Actually, many powerlifters train core on top of compound exercises. A strong core translates to increased lifts everywhere else.

It IS a matter of body fat percentage as Prince mentioned, and I tend to activate them enough with squats/deadlifts/triceps push-downs/pull-overs, but I'll toss in the occasional Roman chair or planks if I still feel like I have an abundance of energy after a workout.

I do want to state that the "blocky" look is possible if too much attention is paid to isolation of the abdominal groups. I've seen this happen with close friends as their abs start to dominate everything else, changing their appearance.

My .02c :)

Agreed. I know a guy who competes men physique and his abs look overdeveloped imo. I try to train with my own body weight primarily as apposed to weighted, though some exercises kinda require it unless you wanna be blasting 50 reps.

Also, a lot of pro level bbers have herniated belly buttons at one point (if not repeatedly) dur to their guts growing. The belly button is apparently the weakest point in the obdominal wall. I know Ronnie has a nice protruder.

Built in the kitchen and in the gym.

abs are just something I've always had....maybe it's the 18+ years of gymnastics I did....suppose that's fairly practical as holding a planche or iron cross is pretty hard. Now that I've stopped gymnastics I still do dragon flags, human flags, levers etc. Good callisthenic stuff

Abs on a skinny dude is like big tits on a fat chick

I keep seeing this quote all over the place and yet we all know its bullshit LOL.

How many guys want to fuck fat chicks with big tits?

Ok now if your being HONEST with yourself, how many chicks want to fuck skinny dudes with a 6 pack?

Enough said :)

Ok if it's bullshit I want to see you post one of your third party non biased scientific studies to prove this shit zilla !
:)
Kidding,,

in this case bro science proves to be most accurate and all that's needed in this case

I've never gotten cut enough to see if I've got nice abs. :(

Oh well, the girls who like abs aren't the girls I'm into anyway. They're always the girls that love Hollister models and beachy dudes..

I want the one who appreciates a nice set of shoulders and a wide back, not arms and abdominals.

I don't train them specifically, ever. Abs swallow your size, they tie you down in the front. My opinion of course...

I've never gotten cut enough to see if I've got nice abs. :(

Oh well, the girls who like abs aren't the girls I'm into anyway. They're always the girls that love Hollister models and beachy dudes..

I want the one who appreciates a nice set of shoulders and a wide back, not arms and abdominals.

I don't train them specifically, ever. Abs swallow your size, they tie you down in the front. My opinion of course...

What if i told you that you could be big AND cut. Just pay me 1mil $ and i will pm you the secret info

Sure why wouldn't a girl like abs? Do they give a fuck? Nope ive boned alot of hott chicks way before gear and ive always had a giggly belly

What if i told you that you could be big AND cut. Just pay me 1mil $ and i will pm you the secret info

Send me a friend request. I'll accept as form of payment for this "secret info" lol

BIG AND CUT!? Now that's just ludicrous..

Back