Adrenal fatigue-burnout PLEASE HELP

Sl65

I been on and off gear since the age of 18, I recently screwed myself up bad with arimidex. Taking way to much. Long story short I got really sick and ended up in the ER for 4 days docs couldn't figure out why I was vomiting, diarrhea, low blood pressure, high heart rate. Weight loss, crazy anxiety and depression(never was an issue). So they finally did a morning cortisol blood draw and it came back at 3.6 ref range is 4.0-22.

Doc said 90% chance I was Addison's disease.

Did a ACTH stim test and I responded very well. 30 min post ACTH cortisol was 19, 60 min post ACTH cortisol was 25.

So doc said wow idk what you did but you're adrenals are just burntout.

Put me on hydrocortisone 20mg daily as a band aid until my adrenals heal. Of course he said stop gear, I'm currently trying to restart my hpta with clomid. Not training at all. Changing diet and lifestyle.

How many if any of you guys had adrenal fatigue-burnout?

And how long did it take for you to recover?

Doc said since I'm only 22 my adrenals should heal completely over time.

Any advise would be great !!

clomid? careful with that, can make you depressed as f#ck
just please never do AS again, you clearly didnt know and care what you are doing, you are giving AS bad reputation

Your doc check your thyroid? Thyroid issues and adrenal problems often go hand in hand. Avoid stimulants and take it easy for awhile, you'll hopefully recover - unless it's thyroid related.

My .02c :)

clomid? careful with that, can make you depressed as f#ck
just please never do AS again, you clearly didnt know and care what you are doing, you are giving AS bad reputation

I know how to use aas, the doc even said the anabolics were not the cause of my issues. The arimidex I got was suppose to be .25mg. They were actually 1mg tabs. So I crashed my e2 and when u crash e2 it causes a uptake in thyroid caused me to be hyperthyroid thus making the adrenals pump out crazy amounts of cortisol when not needed resulting in them becoming burntout.

I was hyperthyroid when I crashed my e2. I've had my thyroid a checked. my tsh is good but have low total t3, doc think this is because the lack of cortisol he said 90% of the time when the adrenals get corrected the thyroid will also correct itself.

I was hyperthyroid when I crashed my e2. I've had my thyroid a checked. my tsh is good but have low total t3, doc think this is because the lack of cortisol he said 90% of the time when the adrenals get corrected the thyroid will also correct itself.

Make sure to get plenty of iodine to keep that conversion of T4 to T3.

You posted before about this right? At least now you have a good idea what the problem is. I thought you said the DR was going to put you on TRT etc.

Anyways, ignore the first response...that person is just being douche. Depression is punishment enough. I didn't realize you could burn out the adrenals w/ AIs & I've been reading about gear for years..most people aren't even aware of it. You are young & medical science is improving, it's doubtful you wont find a treatment for your whole life.

You posted before about this right? At least now you have a good idea what the problem is. I thought you said the DR was going to put you on TRT etc.

Anyways, ignore the first response...that person is just being douche. Depression is punishment enough. I didn't realize you could burn out the adrenals w/ AIs & I've been reading about gear for years..most people aren't even aware of it. You are young & medical science is improving, it's doubtful you wont find a treatment for your whole life.

Yea I was going to go on trt but I want to leave gear alone at least until I'm fully recovered. So I'm doing 25mg clomid everyday (doc prescribed) Going to get blood work done in a few weeks to see if clomid is working at raising my test levels. If not most likely I'll be stuck with trt. My adrenals took a hard hit, I've only seen and read a couple other stories of people in my situation and it's not a over night fix it can take up to two years for full recovery IF you even recover.

I have low test 165 and I know a lot of the depression and anxiety can be coming from the really low T levels. I'm going to supplement with high dose vit C and do my best at trying to heal my adrenals. I just never even knew what depression and anxiety was up until I screwed myself up. It all hit like a ton of bricks, if it wasn't for a little brother that looks up to me I would have offed myself by now.

I know how to use aas, the doc even said the anabolics were not the cause of my issues. The arimidex I got was suppose to be .25mg. They were actually 1mg tabs. So I crashed my e2 and when u crash e2 it causes a uptake in thyroid caused me to be hyperthyroid thus making the adrenals pump out crazy amounts of cortisol when not needed resulting in them becoming burntout.
never seen 0.25 arimidex...

This does not add up. You have to have some other underlying physiological issues, that perhaps your AAS and anti-estrogen therapy exacerbated. Normally low estrogen should not cause adrenal hyperactivation or a secondary burn out problem. And I question your doctors choice to put you on cortisol therapy, that might actually make things worse, depending on what you have wrong with you. If it is a central acting problem, like in your pituitary, then cortisol therapy will make you worse and it will not allow your system to reset. But I do agree that you should "clean house" and come off everything for a while, then start back slowly.

This does not add up. You have to have some other underlying physiological issues, that perhaps your AAS and anti-estrogen therapy exacerbated. Normally low estrogen should not cause adrenal hyperactivation or a secondary burn out problem. And I question your doctors choice to put you on cortisol therapy, that might actually make things worse, depending on what you have wrong with you. If it is a central acting problem, like in your pituitary, then cortisol therapy will make you worse and it will not allow your system to reset. But I do agree that you should "clean house" and come off everything for a while, then start back slowly.

It's not my pituitary ACTH serum came back at 22 after already being on HC for a month. It's my adrenals just pretty much fried them from lack of proper sleep, nutrient and of course having e2 reading undetectable for over 3 months didn't help.

I did respond well to the stim test though so I guess this should give me some hope?

I have been on cortisol a few times for spinal injuries, and I love the stuff, makes everything feel better, for a week or 2. But then you can get fatigued from it with more chronic use, and even dependent on it. SO that your adrenals do not come back long-term. Just be cautious! Maybe second opinion. But glad you are feeling better.

I have been on cortisol a few times for spinal injuries, and I love the stuff, makes everything feel better, for a week or 2. But then you can get fatigued from it with more chronic use, and even dependent on it. SO that your adrenals do not come back long-term. Just be cautious! Maybe second opinion. But glad you are feeling better.

I wish I was feeling better, I just left the ER yesterday. Passed out in my kitchen. They do not do anything at the emergency. My labs came back low-normal sodium 138 low-normal potassium 3.6. I'm very orthostatic. Blood pressure drops 20+ points when going from sitting to standing. Pulse shoots up to 150-170. I'm nauseated have been vomiting. Very shaky and weak, head ache, brain fog. Lower back pain, the list goes on. Just don't know what to do anymore no doctors are of any help. I seen like 4 endos and they say go get a second opinion because they don't want to deal with my situation.

Holy Christ dude, you are a mess. The symptoms you are describing are almost right off a website for textbook adrenal fatigue. The prednisone should help, but if 4 endos cant figure your situation out, I dont think you will find answers here, other than I that doubt your AAS usage had much to contribute to the problem. Best of luck brother, and stop stressing out!

Yea I was going to go on trt but I want to leave gear alone at least until I'm fully recovered. So I'm doing 25mg clomid everyday (doc prescribed) Going to get blood work done in a few weeks to see if clomid is working at raising my test levels. If not most likely I'll be stuck with trt. My adrenals took a hard hit, I've only seen and read a couple other stories of people in my situation and it's not a over night fix it can take up to two years for full recovery IF you even recover.

I have low test 165 and I know a lot of the depression and anxiety can be coming from the really low T levels. I'm going to supplement with high dose vit C and do my best at trying to heal my adrenals. I just never even knew what depression and anxiety was up until I screwed myself up. It all hit like a ton of bricks, if it wasn't for a little brother that looks up to me I would have offed myself by now.

I wuld do a few months of clomid then off for 1-2 months then blood work to see if it jump started you, otherwise you should stay on hrt if needed and I can vouch for RUI AI's i lke the dex and letro ( dosed LOW) . or have doc give AI even with the hrt. and dose it more when you do cycle if need be, if run out remember rui if anything

I wuld do a few months of clomid then off for 1-2 months then blood work to see if it jump started you, otherwise you should stay on hrt if needed and I can vouch for RUI AI's i lke the dex and letro ( dosed LOW) . or have doc give AI even with the hrt. and dose it more when you do cycle if need be, if run out remember rui if anything

I just got labs done I was on clomid for a month 25mg ED test only rose to 267. Doc is putting me on trt, he said getting my test levels up will help my adrenals out. Is this true?

Also never had digestive issues in the past ever since getting sick with "adrenal burnout" I have yellow undigested stool constantly what can be the cause of this?

If it floats and has a really strong odor, it could be undigested fats. Thyroid and adrenal issues ultimately end up in the gut, where the hormones are absorbed. This can cause issues with digestion - leading to irritable bowel syndrome.

If it's IBS, try smaller meals with more frequency. There are lots of sites out there with lists of trigger foods too. Always worth looking into. :)

If it floats and has a really strong odor, it could be undigested fats. Thyroid and adrenal issues ultimately end up in the gut, where the hormones are absorbed. This can cause issues with digestion - leading to irritable bowel syndrome.

If it's IBS, try smaller meals with more frequency. There are lots of sites out there with lists of trigger foods too. Always worth looking into. :)

Yes it is yellow and smells different, I wouldn't say it floats but it's deffinetly yellow and undigested. And never was a issue until my adrenal problem/thyroid problem. I'm taking a probiotic cut out all gluten, basically eating a paleo diet and juicing in the morning but it's been a few weeks and I haven't noticed a difference.

Yes it is yellow and smells different, I wouldn't say it floats but it's deffinetly yellow and undigested. And never was a issue until my adrenal problem/thyroid problem. I'm taking a probiotic cut out all gluten, basically eating a paleo diet and juicing in the morning but it's been a few weeks and I haven't noticed a difference.

Hopefully you're still early enough where all these problems cease after TRT takes hold. It truly amazing how many other systems in our body rely on testosterone.

The good news is that the thyroid and adrenal glands are part of that group, and you may see relief. There are quite a few studies out there showing improvement, and sometimes restoration of these systems from hormone replacement. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, and hope you're one of the lucky ones. :)

Please keep us posted on how things go!

Back