Advice Needed

dranman

Hello guys,

I needed some advice on what if any types of supplements that I should be taking...currently I play on a few organized basketball leagues on the weekends so I train after work to get me ready for the weekend. I do a lot of plyometrics as well as some basic weightlifting to increase my strength as well.

I visited a sports supplement store the other day and was overwhelmed by the vast amount of products out there. Currently I am only taking a daily multivitamin as well as some branched-chain amino acid supplements.

I would really appreciate any advice that you guys have.

basically i would stick with the following..

Multivitamin
BCAA's
Saw palmetto
whey protein

As far as the basketball, you might wanna try some energy shake about 2 hours before you play.

wood78221 said:
basically i would stick with the following..

Multivitamin
BCAA's
Saw palmetto
whey protein

As far as the basketball, you might wanna try some energy shake about 2 hours before you play.

why saw palmetto if he's not juicing.

First off, I would pick up a good multivitamin.
Then I would go for a good protein powder. Don't shop for this in the stores, you will be paying way more than you have to. My choice is trueprotein - Cold Filtration Isolate. I have been using this for the last year and I have no complaints.

This would be a good start.

advice:

1) keep up with this board. too many people post a question, then don't come back to read what people provided.

2) carbs the day before your b-ball, the day you play, and just afterwards. read up on dextrose, maltodextine. also available for the cheap at trueprotein.

3) protein. trueprotein is the best and probably most cost effective. just a little slow on the deliveries.

4) proper diet. avoid fast food, excess fats, soft drinks and alcohol (when possible). taks sups, as noted above. including antioxidants. and pma: positive mental attitude.

lastly: work out and play b-ball in order to have fun and stay healthy. avoid injuries! too many people sustain injuries at the gym when they're there to try to build their bodies in an effort to avoid injuries on the court.

Back