Affliction 2: January 24, 2009

Eze

AFFLICTION 2: JANUARY 24, 2009
venue: Honda Center in Anaheim, California

Pay-Per-View Bouts:
-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Andrei Arlovski (#4 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Josh Barnett (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gilbert Yvel
-Matt Lindland (#3 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Vitor Belfort
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
-Chris Horodecki vs. Dan Lauzon
-Paul Buentello vs. Kiril "Baby Fedor" Sidelnikov

HDNet Bouts:
-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (#6 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
-Jay Hieron vs. Jason High
-L.C. Davis vs. TBA
-Antonio Duarte vs. Albert Rios
-Brett Cooper vs. Patrick Speight

Last edited:
explain this affliction thing, since when are they doing their own shows....i gotta say if they did start their own thing they surely needed to bring in some badasses the first few events....and succeeded at that surely with fedor

I have seen Lindland ranked anywhere from 3 - 5. But what the fuck do rankings mean anyways.

I like the cards that Affliction put on, but I would rather see all the good fighters in one place fighting each other.

Brock, Fedor, Barnett, AA, Couture, Gonzaga, Cro Cop, Nog, Mir, etc....

There are too many good ones in the UFC and good ones in Affliction. A UFC vs Affliction card would be sick, but there is no way Dana and the UFC would go for that.

because he wouldn't want to have anything to do with affliction coming out and potentially being bigger and better than the ufc?

Because he doesn't want to help anyone else get exposure and feeding off of UFC's popularity.

I wish someone would hide Paul Buentello under a rock. I hate that douche. Make him and Tank Abbott fight each other and the winner can live but no longer fight and the loser has to fight Fedor for free.

Barnett shouldn't be fighting Gilbert Yvel either. Terrible matchup.

I wish someone would hide Paul Buentello under a rock. I hate that douche. Make him and Tank Abbott fight each other and the winner can live but no longer fight and the loser has to fight Fedor for free.

Barnett shouldn't be fighting Gilbert Yvel either. Terrible matchup.

Buentello fought tank and ko'd him.

yo why are tickets 50$ for bleader seats its actually like 65 or 70 lol with all the fees they addon?

i rly wanna go but two tickets is like 130 for crappiest seats that does not seem right for affliction....

Afflictions ranking system sucks. I agree Fedor is probably #1 and Arlovski is NOT #4 by any means. In Afflictions limited stable of fighters perhaps but not in the world as they make it sound.

I've watched a few Afflictions and cannot say I'm too impressed with their brand. I like some of the fighters but it seems with the exception of a few they are has been's, never were's and never will be's.

Afflictions ranking system sucks. I agree Fedor is probably #1 and Arlovski is NOT #4 by any means. In Afflictions limited stable of fighters perhaps but not in the world as they make it sound.

I've watched a few Afflictions and cannot say I'm too impressed with their brand. I like some of the fighters but it seems with the exception of a few they are has been's, never were's and never will be's.

Really, you've watched a few Afflictions? That's amazing considering there's only been one Affliction event.

I rented the one back in July that I was not impressed. In fact I had set my PVR to tape this because I wasn't home and when it got down to the last fight it was cut off because it went past its allotted time. I contacted my cable company and they gave me a credit. Should you want proof of this I can scan my bill in and show it to you.

I also thought they had another event of which I did see video clips on the internet. Those perhaps were "unseen" fights.

I don't mind a ring but prefer the cage. They need to work on better camera angles and the "color" was not crisp. It wasn't a solid production by any means and the quality of fighters wasn't worth the money and thankfully I got my money back. I would not spend any money again in the future on such events.

I got the fact that you lied about seeing more than one show. You don't need to try and backtrack now. Do me a favor and don't post in the mma forum anymore.

What the fuck are you talking about? You showing me you ordered Affliction doesn't change what you said before that is untrue.

You are stupid aren't you? Steroids go to the brain? I said I thought as I had rented and watched as well as seen stuff on the internet that I did not see on the PPV. Obviously I can put two and two together to realize they were one in the same venue. But please continue because I'm sure you've never made a mistake. You sir are a grade a prick.

Back