Airport Customs - Bag search on arrival to NY

Lucky13

Cycle, test, HGH
I'm from the UK where steroids are legal for personal use but I have to come into the states in a few months so just need to check what is and isn't going to get me in trouble with airport customs.

I was going to bring a first aid kit and put some pins and syringes in there with alcohol wipes and an empty 10ml sterile vial with nothing in and a single whatman syringe filter.

I'll also be bringing some Aromisan

Should those items be ok ?

I'm from the UK where steroids are legal for personal use but I have to come into the states in a few months so just need to check what is and isn't going to get me in trouble with airport customs.

I was going to bring a first aid kit and put some pins and syringes in there with alcohol wipes and an empty 10ml sterile vial with nothing in and a single whatman syringe filter.

I'll also be bringing some Aromisan

Should those items be ok ?

Just mail the things over. Do you really want risk getting your ass hole probed by some neo Nazi TSA guy. Don't risk it bud those items will raise suspicion and people in the states treat steroid related items like heroin and cocaine.

I would call from a payphone and ask if u havea script for steroids canu legally bring so and so in.... then go from there and take the above advice...

The TSA has no problem with prescription drugs of any kind, you just have to tell them they are prescription drugs. They do not even need to be in a prescription bottle, though it is MUCH smarter to do so.

What to Expect If a Passenger Needs Medication | Transportation Security Administration

The TSA also has no problem with diabetes supplies.

Passengers with Diabetes | Transportation Security Administration

The CBC (Customs and Border Control) are far more strict:

Drug Paraphernalia

It is illegal to bring drug paraphernalia into the United States unless prescribed for authentic medical conditions such as diabetes.
Prohibited and Restricted Items | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

So the items must be both prescribed AND for an authentic medical condition. Hormone Replacement Therapy is one such condition, so you should be able to use that. If asked, you can say it is the type of thing women go through after menopause, they get hormone replacement therapy, only you are on replacements because your hormone creation system is broken.

All that said, it is far simpler and probably safer to mail it to yourself.

But it is not TSA he has to worry about, he will be coming through customs. Totally different story. TSA indeed does not really search for such things, and in fact, they usually look the other way if they see a syringe in the baggage screening process for carry on's (in my experience). TSA deals with all the passenger and baggage screening for domestic flights. However, all international arrivals have to clear customs and that is a different level of scrutiny. If a customs agent identifies a syringe, you will be in for a long ordeal if you do not have a simple explanation (diabetic, etc), likely the stuff will be confiscated if they suspect it is steroids, but I doubt they would send you back to the UK. All this being said, it is pretty rare that you will be searched, or your checked luggage searched. I travel international all the time and constantly clear customs with my gear, but I have a prescription with me and I keep the gear in a labeled bottle with the script on it.

Keep the stuff in your carry on, and then in your toiletry bag (with like your tooth paste and hair gel, shampoo). Raises the least suspicion and I have never been checked (over 50 trips with my gear). But I do have the script thing as a backup and piece of mind

Back