Alcohol and cycles

Diegopyne

I wanted to know what are you guys opinion about it, I know that alcohol is really bad on the pct.. But how bad is it during cycle, "break"( the break between cycle and pct) and on the pct?

Not sure what you mean by break between cycle and post cycle therapy (pct), as when you are finished with your cycle you should be working towards PCT and that includes continuing to eat healthy, training, and if you're running an A.I. such as Adex running it until 2 days before PCT.

Anywhoozle, the simple point of view is easy to understand and follow: When doing a cycle commit to all aspects of it and run it to completion. Cycle will include while on, and through PCT. Commit to your cycle, your diet, your rest, and your training. No drinking.

On the other hand: No one drink is not the end of the world, and will not destroy your cycle, nor will it destroy your PCT. Not many can just have the one drink though. Kicking it up a level, a controlled one night of drinking will not kill the cycle, but I'm guessing most will have more than just the one night. And typically will over do it in that one night, as well as the other nights, as if their level of control and discipline was high enough to limit to the one drink, they would likely not be drinking on cycle.

Wait until the end of your cycle if you don't have the discipline to limit yourself to one night / one drink. Although I wouldn't drink on cycle, unless as some mentioned it was a special occasion such as my friend getting married, not just some normal night that can wait until after my cycle.

Last edited:
Alcohol is fun useless.

To try and achieve dramatic body recompomposition and drink alcohol ever, at all is so hypocritical.

I m o....

I might have a few light beers on the weekend, nothing extreme. I am from Louisiana though, all we do down here is drink, eat and watch LSU sports. LOL

I have a fifth of sailor jerry rum that has sat in my pantry for the last two years since I became serious about my health. I'm already placing a strain on my body with stuff that helps me to build it up and make me better physically, so why push my luck with something that will only tear it down and raise my estrogen? A couple drinks probably won't hurt, but unless it's a social occasion, I don't see the point anymore personally.

My .02c :)

i would be dedicated to training, diet and rest while on cycle. I like getting drunk and chasin some dirty snatch around as much as the next but on cycle would be a no no. I would like to get the best out of my cycle and even a little after dand during pct. Thats crucial i think. To hold on to al gains you worked so hard for. Maybe during off time you can have some fun. IMO

Just remember that the liver is your body's filter and everything you put into your system is filtered through your liver. Conversely, one or two drinks will not ruin a said cycle but causing your bodies organs to work double time can and will have long term health affects if you arent careful. Those jersey shore boys are fucked

Drinking on a cycle is pointless, if you wanna get messed up at club or bar chug a pre workout before you go and you'll be flying

I might have a few light beers on the weekend, nothing extreme. I am from Louisiana though, all we do down here is drink, eat and watch LSU sports. LOL

F'ing right! I'm about a mile from the stadium. Anyway I quit drinking. I'm one of the ones who simply cannot and will not just have one.... Ever. The stuff tears me up anyways

F'ing right! I'm about a mile from the stadium. Anyway I quit drinking. I'm one of the ones who simply cannot and will not just have one.... Ever. The stuff tears me up anyways

Kudos to you for realizing you can't stop at one and made the necessary decision to do what's in your best interests. Not many people are man enough to admit that let alone give it up entirely.

OP, read this article. I know it's not about during cycles per se but still very informative. I am by no means a t-nation supporter but the author of the article, Alan Aragon, is one of the most knowledgable people in the fitness industry. The man straight up knows his shit.

T NATION | Musclehead's Guide to Alcohol

I think there is something to be said for discipline and training, yada yada. But the truth is, a great majority of AAS users are doing it for mostly aesthetic reasons, not for a paycheck. I think it depends on what your goals are. I find nothing wrong with having even a few drinks... back in the day I was on cycle on and off all year long. I would rather be skinny than just live in the gym and go home to grilled chicken and a protein shake and watch Pumping Iron for the millionth time. You gotta live. ( Now if that is what you ENJOY--then more power to you! I mean that)

If you are trying to compete or have some sort of sports goal.... you already know what you need to do.

I am a gym rat with no real world application for benching in the(low) 400's, other than nobody fucks with me and chicks make me carry shit for them lol. Do I go get wasted everynight? NO. Do I like to have a few every now and again... hell yes. But that is my prerogative.

All that being said, you also have to monitor your health. It was said above, and it is true... all things go through the liver. Gotta keep your health in check.

I'm a hermit on cycle. Don't go out or anything. Then when I come off I go out for the first time and everyone is shocked at how much bigger I've gotten. A few drinks wouldn't hurt you but I'd rather not be distracted in anyway.

I have a few drinks every week, and most recently I came off a work trip that "required" drinking every night for 5 straight nights, like 4-7 drinks. I just had blood work done on Monday and got the results today, and my liver values (ALT, AST, bilirubin, etc) were all normal. Am also on Androl at 100mg per day (600 mg / test base). Is this smart, probably not, but I have had lots of blood work done in the past and my liver values have never varied. I do blood work 2-3x a year. I am also in my 40s.

Don't get me wrong, I don't drink or smoke weed(something that a lot people do during cycle) basically I'm a "virgin"... That's what most people would call me..
My question was more to see everybody's opinion about it.. Like some people just can't stay out and some just dont do it at all...
Well on my point of view, it can led to a lot negative problems on the future.

Thanks feel free to leave your opinion

I never found a problem with smoking as long as it doesn't make you unmotivated to workout which it never did for me. Can be useful to help you eat more as long as you stay away from the junk

Never drink on orals

A few drinks on injectables should be OKAY.

i usually only drink 1 time during my whole cycle and when im on injectables, only at a big event like a wedding or some open bar event :p

Back