??allergic reactions to steroids... possible??

Drako

Just wondering if anyone has ever suffered an allergic reaction to any type of steroid I took one shot of test-e and got an infection which is very rare just trying to make sence of it all would/could it be a possibility that I was in fact allergic to my gear??

Not to the steroids. It's more likely that you got an abscess caused by contamination or a poorly brewed batch.

Did you clean the area with alcohol first ? Did you asperate ? You do it the proper way and you won't get infected.

HGH Man said:
Did you clean the area with alcohol first ? Did you asperate ? You do it the proper way and you won't get infected.
Already covered all this in a past thread everything was sterile mate I bought it off did the injection to show how so i know that wasnt the prob cos hes been shooting for quite a while now, so it could be a bad batch. but like i also mentioned before all my mates take the same stuff and have never had any probs.

Infection and allergic reaction are 2 totally different things. How do you know the gear was 100% sterile, did you have it tested at a lab? Thats kind of an ignorant statement to make.

Drako said:
Just wondering if anyone has ever suffered an allergic reaction to any type of steroid I took one shot of test-e and got an infection which is very rare just trying to make sence of it all would/could it be a possibility that I was in fact allergic to my gear??

On the allergic reaction to steroids, I'm with Outlaw.. I believe it's very rare to see this and DO NOT even think this is the issue you had.
Regarding your specific issue, this definetly sounds like an infection due to contamination or poor aseptic technique...IMO (99% sure). Although comparing friends on the same batch is a great way to test the purity and/or sterility of your product, get it out of your head that it's full proof!!! Just because a few friends have had no problems with infection does NOT mean you didn't get a poorly sterilized vial.

estray said:
Infection and allergic reaction are 2 totally different things. How do you know the gear was 100% sterile, did you have it tested at a lab? Thats kind of an ignorant statement to make.
I am aware that infections and allergies are 2 seperat things what do you take me for? after going to docs and explaining the situation she js sent me on my way with some antibiotics to clear up the infection when I asked if people could be allergic to steroids she replied that she could not answer because she wasnt 100% sure on the compouns of this specific drug. Also I dont recall me ever saying that my gear was 100% sterile but the conditions which I shot the gear were sterile clean needles, wipes, gloves, correct injection protocall etc. I did everything I could on my side to do it by the book and to make sure such problems wouldnt occure. The guys who make this gear over here have a great reputation and pride themselves on cleanliness and not one person I know has ever encountered this problem before. one shot , one reaction/infection. The thing I was trying to say was is there a chance that I had my 1st shot and my bodies reacted to it by causing these infection symtoms?? I dont believe that ignorant....

JayC said:
On the allergic reaction to steroids, I'm with Outlaw.. I believe it's very rare to see this and DO NOT even think this is the issue you had.
Regarding your specific issue, this definetly sounds like an infection due to contamination or poor aseptic technique...IMO (99% sure). Although comparing friends on the same batch is a great way to test the purity and/or sterility of your product, get it out of your head that it's full proof!!! Just because a few friends have had no problems with infection does NOT mean you didn't get a poorly sterilized vial.
??? so when you see guys posting 'ANYONE HEARD OF JOE BLOGGS PHARM IS THERE STUFF GOOD ARE THEY CLEAN??' would you consider that bad research into a product? the only way we can find a good soruce is by word of mouth or what we read on the web in my case it was a mate whos been using them for the past 3 years so I considered that a good source with minimal risks.

Sorry if Im comming across as abit of a dick but all im trying to do is research, see if anyone has been diagnosed with having a steroid allergy and there reactions. did the body reject it? or did it seem like an infection kinda like when someones body rejects a pearcing of summit of that nature at the end of the day it is a foriegn body and why wouldnt your body attack it???

Drako said:
I am aware that infections and allergies are 2 seperat things what do you take me for? after going to docs and explaining the situation she js sent me on my way with some antibiotics to clear up the infection when I asked if people could be allergic to steroids she replied that she could not answer because she wasnt 100% sure on the compouns of this specific drug. Also I dont recall me ever saying that my gear was 100% sterile but the conditions which I shot the gear were sterile clean needles, wipes, gloves, correct injection protocall etc. I did everything I could on my side to do it by the book and to make sure such problems wouldnt occure. The guys who make this gear over here have a great reputation and pride themselves on cleanliness and not one person I know has ever encountered this problem before. one shot , one reaction/infection. The thing I was trying to say was is there a chance that I had my 1st shot and my bodies reacted to it by causing these infection symtoms?? I dont believe that ignorant....

Ok, assuming you did everything right on your end then it was most likely the gear. Just because your buddies was fine and yours was the same batch doesnt really mean anything. It only takes 1 particle that got in or some bacteria that didnt get caught by the filter or like someone said the bottle itself mightve not been sterile to begin with. I would just get the idea of an allergic reaction out of your head.

estray said:
Ok, assuming you did everything right on your end then it was most likely the gear. Just because your buddies was fine and yours was the same batch doesnt really mean anything. It only takes 1 particle that got in or some bacteria that didnt get caught by the filter or like someone said the bottle itself mightve not been sterile to begin with. I would just get the idea of an allergic reaction out of your head.
Okay so mabey I dont have allergies to gear and the bottles contaminated. What would you do with the batch Its still got 8ml left in it, is there any way of saving it?

Depends on how much hassle you wanna go through. You could bake it at 175 degrees for a few minutes and filter it whith a whatman filter into a new sterile vial. If you dont know how to do this or dont have the suppplies lying around its probably not worth the hassle.

estray said:
Depends on how much hassle you wanna go through. You could bake it at 175 degrees for a few minutes and filter it whith a whatman filter into a new sterile vial. If you dont know how to do this or dont have the suppplies lying around its probably not worth the hassle.
yep that sound like hassle. lol I was gonna give it another shot to see if I was js unlucky with my 1st but now taking into cosideration that the bottle could be bad may as well bin it to be on safe side.

Back