Always end up with too much??

darkrid3r

SO i built another batch of sust 250.

Started with 47 grams powder
113.31 ml oil
3.7 ml ba
33.3 ml bb

I only had this powder left....
I built 18 10ml units and 1 5ml unit to have tested. 3 of my units ended way fuller so i put them aside. I would say it was around 197ml or so of finished product, when it should have only been 185 ish.

I shorted the oil by 4ml.

I ended up with 3ml oil and 2ml on the shorted side extra.
I dont understand why. This might be why my stuff is always under dosed.

First batch tested at 217, second at 223.
This batch will be around the same.

Obviously something is wrong in my calculations.

SO i built another batch of sust 250.

Started with 47 grams powder
113.31 ml oil
3.7 ml ba
33.3 ml bb

I only had this powder left....
I built 18 10ml units and 1 5ml unit to have tested. 3 of my units ended way fuller so i put them aside. I would say it was around 197ml or so of finished product, when it should have only been 185 ish.

I shorted the oil by 4ml.

I ended up with 3ml oil and 2ml on the shorted side extra.
I dont understand why. This might be why my stuff is always under dosed.

First batch tested at 217, second at 223.
This batch will be around the same.

Obviously something is wrong in my calculations.

Try using this calculator. Use it at the setting that is stored for PW don't change it.
Seems to work better!!!

Steroid Powder calculator

Your welcome.

So..... you said "go look at my last post" so I'm here/////////////// I see two posts......... and funny thing is........... I only see two periods........ like: . and then: .

LOL so what is that???? :eek::eek::eek:

LOL :Poke::Poke::Poke::Poke::Poke:

Starks bro, thats the calculator that was used to build this recipe :(

Crap!!!! Well shit man... It works great for me. Okay, then for that particular product you're making change your PW (powder weight) to .80 and if that gets you close but not close enough then go to .85.......
It will work brother!

I assumed powder weight was almost the same for all.
How does one figure out what the powder weight of your particular powder is?

I am now dealing with 4 powders to make the sust. I only have 100g left of the pre-made stuff. I am sick of it, its just seems off to me.

I assumed powder weight was almost the same for all.
How does one figure out what the powder weight of your particular powder is?

I am now dealing with 4 powders to make the sust. I only have 100g left of the pre-made stuff. I am sick of it, its just seems off to me.

What seems off???
If you refer to the final product being off then you're probably right!!! I know it's more expensive but just buy all your powders seperately, that way you know you're getting the exact amount of each in your brew!!!

What seems off???
If you refer to the final product being off then you're probably right!!! I know it's more expensive but just buy all your powders seperately, that way you know you're getting the exact amount of each in your brew!!!

Yes this is why im doing it, but this does not change the original statement, that I always end up with too much oil (final product) when using the steroid powder calculator.

How do you measure your oil? I use a 50ml syringe (without pin)
5ml syringe and a 20 sometimes.

I am thinking its not that accurate, or im doing something wrong.

Measuring using beakers always throws mine off. I got some 50ml syringes and bingo Bro. My finished was a little under considering what gets caught in filtering and some mls here and there stick to the glass.

Haha. Who cares if its underdosed? If you are using it for yourself if shouldn't matter, just plan your cycle accordingly.

Measuring using beakers always throws mine off. I got some 50ml syringes and bingo Bro. My finished was a little under considering what gets caught in filtering and some mls here and there stick to the glass.

Yeah I think im going to slow up a bit on my next batch and make sure its exact.
See how things go.

Ud

Haha. Who cares if its underdosed? If you are using it for yourself if shouldn't matter, just plan your cycle accordingly.

His "under dosed" is most likely stronger then then most of the chit anywhere :) Plus the higher the mgs the more weight in ester and lowers the mgs.

I's still like to know how he is measuring the oil?

Beaker graduations

Yeah I think im going to slow up a bit on my next batch and make sure its exact.
See how things go.

I played with 4 beakers, a syringe and some oil. I even heated the oil for expansion one of my tests. All 4 beakers were off at least -30mls @ 100mls and they would all vary at 200, 300, etc. One was off by 70mls at the 400 mark!

The time to measure by syringe and the variable over mutiple measures certainly bumps it up or down but not much Bro.

That is just my experience, like you I want the chit spot on, you are a Good Bro for having your own standards. Keep playing :)

Last edited:
Okay guys, accurate measurments come from using measuring tools called Pipettes. A pipette is a tube that jams up into a pipette controller!!! These are very very accurate. Make sure if you use these apparatus that you measure to the miniscus.

Okay guys, accurate measurments come from using measuring tools called Pipettes. A pipette is a tube that jams up into a pipette controller!!! These are very very accurate. Make sure if you use these apparatus that you measure to the miniscus.

I dont have access to a good one, even the throw away ones. My chem buddy cant get them either, they are controlled where he works for obvious reasons.

I use a syringe but I dont think that the 50ml one is right. OR my measurements into the 10ml vials suck :)

Its not such a big deal, I am more concerned with the dose than having too much.
Will short my oil more and see how it goes.

Back