Am I ready for steroids????

Three words...

DIET

DIET

and DIET!!

I fulfilled most of those points before I started juicing (granted I was 22 and not 25)...BUT I never had my diet in order until recently! As a result, I never got the most out of each cycle, and probably could have made most of my gains NATURALLY had I known just how to properly measure and cycle my macros.

So even if you've been training for years, have done tons of research on each compound, and have the burning desire to hit the weights with consistency and high level of intensity..it won't amount to squat unless you've got your diet in place. I have no regrets when it comes to my decision to juice..it's all been one great learning experience for me. I'm a bit pissed because I'm not nearly as big as I should be given the number of cycles I've done, but I hope my experience will help out others following the same path.

E-Swift25 said:
Dude, did you even read the section you quoted? Using steroids for a definte purpose like sports is different than using just to look good at the beach.

Yes I did read it. And I made a point that it isn't different. Either way you are doing something illegal. It's not all of a sudden okay for some kid to start using Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) because he is athletically inclined and not okay if someone is using them to promote their physical appearance. Your reasons are your own. You can't justify one person using them and another not as long as both are ready for Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use.

DougoeFre5h said:

Thanks bro. Decent article, but once again it made the statement that is currently burning my ears: "It's okay for a young kid to start using AAS, but only if it is for improving his athletic ability." That's not quoted directly, just the jist of what was said. That statement is the biggest piece of crap I've heard regarding Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use. Even worse than "steroids shrink your dick" in my opinion. Why? Because you are dealing with the ethics of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use and no one should dictate ethics to you. Be a man, make decisions, and stick with them.

Drace said:
IMO over half the guys that take gear takes it when they are skinny or not in shape just for the soul purpose of getting in shape and looking good faster and easier. I belive that if your physically and mentally old enough and have studied your ass off about the pro's and con's and also the resposiblities of useing gear then why not? To evenyone and their own. Everyone I know that took gear never had no 3 years of training and was nowhere near great shape, and they have made awesome progress and gains. Now they have the will and confidence to give it their all and maintaine an awesome physique.

i agree if you understand your risk and are still willing.. then go to town.. i did and im 21

posted by go4thepump on IT

Now , this is just an average age , some people would be less , some older ....
At starting with the age of 25 , this assures that 2 things have come into place ...
#1 , all growth plates have fused , as not to halt any growing that will be done in the young ages . As some will finish in their late teens , there are those who do not stop growing till their low-mid 20's . This is where the 25 came into play . The only way to make sure is have x-rays taken and a doctor go over them with you ..
#2 , This will give someone the number of years to make gains naturally and to learn how their different training experiences work for "their-own" body-parts . Remember , any muscle that is obtained naturally , will stay with an individual . If they started taking AS in their teens , they will never get to that "natural" potential , thus gains are more likely to be lost after cycle ...

Here is an example you can put into the same perspective ....
Take an outstanding pitcher who mows everyone down in high-school ... He is simply the best at his age ... He gets a big signing bonus with a big major league team ...
Instead of training his younger body and mind into advancing for dealing with the better competition and letting his body grow with minor-league training , they throw him right into the big leagues ... This is real big with his head , and he has a couple good outings . But , as batters learn his faults and deal with his inconsistancies , he faulters more , starts losing confidence , and ends up getting dropped back down to the minors , and never reaches his best due to the jump into the big-leagues too early ..
Hence , the same thing with jumping into steroids too early . You will never reach your potential and thus gains will not be what you "CAN" achieve as a body-builder or strength trainer ..

AxelRoberts said:
lol no offence but that made no sence

LOL......if you're talking about the analogy that Lift's just posted, I gotta strongly disagree with you.....it made perfect sense.

StoneColdNTO said:
LOL......if you're talking about the analogy that Lift's just posted, I gotta strongly disagree with you.....it made perfect sense.
It made sence to the extent that I may want to wait to sign my contract with the mets, but to say that cycling "earlier" (not "too early" ) in life will ultimately hinder future gains compared to those made if one had waited is a bit far fetched. It all comes down to your definition of "too early". I think we can ALL agree that "too early" is best defined by the guidlines of the consensus statement posted earlier. All in favor say aye...

DougoeFre5h said:
I think we can ALL agree that "too early" is best defined by the guidlines of the consensus statement posted earlier. All in favor say aye...

Aye............I must post that "Consensus" article a couple times a week, shit .....sometimes a couple time a day........LOL

The same consensus statement that says it's okay for an underdeveloped kid to start juicing only if it's for sports? If so, that's bullshit. I expect more from you guys.

bleachcola said:
The same consensus statement that says it's okay for an underdeveloped kid to start juicing only if it's for sports? If so, that's bullshit. I expect more from you guys.

bleachcola.........it has become very obvious that whatever we post, you persist in finding some flaw in it...........these "qoutes" from the Consensus sure don't sound like Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use is condoned for, as you put it "it's okay for an underdeveloped kid to start juicing only if it's for sports?"

Except in the case of prospective users of clear promise for national or international ranking in a sport, realistically hopeful for the kinds of benefits such ranking confers......

and......

Allowing for substantial individual variability, and with the exception of cases of truly outstanding athletic promise, the athlete considering the use of anabolics should be socially and physically mature, psychologically healthy, and should have completed 4 to 7 years of dedicated, mentored training in strength/endurance athletics and study in lifting technique, dietary practices, recuperation skills and supplementation.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as overbearing. This is just something I feel strongly about. I believe that if you are making a statement on the ethics of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use, you should be consistent. Maybe I misunderstood the first statement regarding "promise for ... ranking in sport". The point I'm making is that undeveloped kids should't use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) for any reason. But once you are ready, regardless of age, your reason for using them shouldn't matter. Whether it's for sports or, God forbid, a good "beach body". That's my final statement, I'm through now. :)

i dunno i mean look at these guys i can garentee you that 70-90 percent of them arent even 30 yet. let alone were 30 when they started juicin

i mean everyone makes good points but i still disagree with 30 years old. id say whenever the person is ready for the pro's and cons they should go for it. in the end thats all there really is anyhow. i mean shit. im 21. been lookin shit up for about 6-8 months now. before actually starting. i know exactly what im getting into.. then again im not trying to get to 500 pounds with 2 percent bf lol im one of those guys who are juicin to get that ''beach body'' or in my case. ''performance [show] body'' then again im also a pro wrestler. and by ''stereotype'' im supposed to juice lol LMFAO

AxelRoberts said:
i dunno i mean look at these guys i can garentee you that 70-90 percent of them arent even 30 yet. let alone were 30 when they started juicin

Just one question......where the hell did "30" come into this.......LOL

i feel that most kids who juice at the age of 20 or 21 have no idea how to even train, obviously their are a few exceptions. I also beleive, and this is from experience, that most of these guys will never really learn to train since they have another option on getting bigger, more drugs. Advanced athletes i will leave out of this, because at that level, you have to do what you have to do. I just felt that it took me so long to learn how to train efficiently, and diet efficiently, that steroids probably would have been pretty useless in my late teens and early twenties.

jcp2 said:
I also beleive, and this is from experience, that most of these guys will never really learn to train since they have another option on getting bigger, more drugs. late teens and early twenties.

i agree with you there.. but i will also say in my defence that im not one of those ''hey im gonna take drugs and not do anything to train while doing it and then if i get fat again ill do it again''

but i do agree with you whole heartedly there..

but i'll still defend all those my age who choose to do it. as long as they know what they're doing.

WORD LYFE

Back