Androgel application area

drholliday

I've have low t (178) and have started 5 g of Androgel daily. It should be applied to upper arms and shoulders.

may be a dumb question but I recently I tore a calf muscle. Will applying it to the muscle help it repair or heal

If you just started with Androgel make sure you get your test checked in a few weeks. Dependant on your skin absorption not much test may be getting thru.

I scrapped the Androgel and went with shots, much better now.

Test patch is better over the gel. Best is inj.

It would help your calf oly because you'd be massaging the injure area which speeds healing.

roccodart440 said:
Test patch is better over the gel. Best is inj.
Unfortunately, most patch users will eventually get a contact dermatitis from the patch. This might be the reason why testosterone gel is now much more popular than the patches.

mranak said:
Unfortunately, most patch users will eventually get a contact dermatitis from the patch. This might be the reason why testosterone gel is now much more popular than the patches.

Better in the way of more accurate absorbtion. -edit-

According to my doc, Androgel is best as daily application keeps blood levels on a more even keel. The Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) inject is only 200mg every 14 days which means the blood level rises dramatically, then plummets as you near the next administer date. Your test levels look like a rollercoaster if it were on a chart. Androgel stays constant. By the way, the amount of test in Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is just to normalize your test level and not an anabolic amount. If you are doing everything in your means to get on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), don't waste your time. Granted, it is free test, but not worth your time. I have been on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for a couple of years.

PLacing A gel directly on your calf will not affect healing. Androgel is absorbed gradually over 24 hrs. It takes about two weeks for it to reach plateau. Shots cause rapid spikes then rapid declines in serum testost. This can be considered either an advantage or disadvantage. Efficacy is about the same among the three however patches and A gel can't deliver massive doses like shots can. They're dosed to get you to the upper end of the normal range.

WannaBe said:
According to my doc, Androgel is best as daily application keeps blood levels on a more even keel. The Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) inject is only 200mg every 14 days which means the blood level rises dramatically, then plummets as you near the next administer date. Your test levels look like a rollercoaster if it were on a chart.
That's true. The solution? Weekly testosterone cypionate injections with hCG that day before and the day of the test injection.

Injecting testosterone cypionate every 14 days is totally wrong, but sadly that is what the 'package insert' says that many clueless physicians prescribe it as such.

Androgel is an effective medication for many, but not all. I tried the Androgel and I wasn't a fan. Too much of a pain in the ass.

a5150r said:
Efficacy is about the same among the three .

Don't see how that can be true. Shoot IM and the gear is there to stay. Androgel can be rubbed off, sweated off, rinsed off in the shower or pool, and absorption varies by skin condition and type. In some hairy people Androgel gets trapped in the body hair and never makes it to the skin.

gunz said:
Don't see how that can be true. Shoot IM and the gear is there to stay. Androgel can be rubbed off, sweated off, rinsed off in the shower or pool, and absorption varies by skin condition and type. In some hairy people Androgel gets trapped in the body hair and never makes it to the skin.

True. I'd like to hear his definintion of "efficacy" though...

im in the process of getting a prescription for this as well. my free test levels are below normal and the doc said the gel will keep things at a steady level as opposed to injections. the gel is to be rubbed on upper arms or shoulders and absorbs in about 15 min.

budd_2040 said:
im in the process of getting a prescription for this as well. my free test levels are below normal and the doc said the gel will keep things at a steady level as opposed to injections. the gel is to be rubbed on upper arms or shoulders and absorbs in about 15 min.
Most of what will be absorbed will be absorbed within the first two hours.

it also states that only about 10% of the amount you rub in absorbs which makes sense. so if you rub in one tube which is 50 mg, youll get 5mg out of that. do that every day and that increases your test just enough to get to normal. otherwise youd be at 350mg a week which is like a steroid cycle.

Weight-loss surgery risks

Hi

This topic is about weight-loss or “bariatric” (or something like that) surgery. It helps to get rid of weight and lowers your risk of medical problems. Started gathering information and found short video which shows how the operations (3 common types) go, here is the link...
>>Gastric_bypass_surgery.AVI

Anyone knows something about it? Is there any risk?
Is it better to perform this procedure in US?

Back