Another SarmSearch Sponsored Log! Winter 2015-2016 Recomp

Why can't there be objective criticism of your log and legitimate questions about its methodology? Why no healthy discourse about your log? Why does it have to be take it or leave it?

Are my choices really just applaud your log or don't read it?

Why can't there be objective criticism of your log and legitimate questions about its methodology? Why no healthy discourse about your log? Why does it have to be take it or leave it?

Are my choices really just applaud your log or don't read it?

You can criticize all you want. I've explained the depth of it well enough.

I have goals (Recomp, Strength, Hardness, Vascularity), I have what I need to hit the goals (Diet, Training, AAS, S4), and I'm not pretending one thing is another (Tren>S4).

Pretty much cleared up what was asked of me to. Fire away Mega. I won't ignore your hole poking :)

The read or leave post was generally revolving around the answering of asked questions.. or criticisms.. and explaining that I've said my peace and that will be all of it.

If you have additional criticisms or questions.. "Fire away Mega"! Won't be the first time someone calls me out..

Although, it may be a 8-10 hrs before you hear from me again. Have to run to work.. have calories to burn.. unfortunately.

Just don't want you to think I'm cowering while at work :D

You need a day job. :)

I just need a job that doesn't siphon my gains! If only I sat in a car all day, or at a desk.. or hell, at home even.

Working on a promotion at work. It's priority over all right now and will get me to a more manageable TDEE in the process. I probably won't bulk to the extent I did before until I get into a better **********.

Had a great week off from work, 3rd day back, 1st workout.. I feel like hell. Hope I feel well tomorrow.. soreness is there, but I feel sick too.

Won't let it stop me getting to the gym, but I'll have to take it light if I go and I'm like how I am right now! Fuck this.. lol

I just need a job that doesn't siphon my gains! If only I sat in a car all day, or at a desk.. or hell, at home even.

Working on a promotion at work. It's priority over all right now and will get me to a more manageable TDEE in the process. I probably won't bulk to the extent I did before until I get into a better **********.

Had a great week off from work, 3rd day back, 1st workout.. I feel like hell. Hope I feel well tomorrow.. soreness is there, but I feel sick too.

Won't let it stop me getting to the gym, but I'll have to take it light if I go and I'm like how I am right now! Fuck this.. lol

Came home tonight.. itching to train, and also, itching to stay home.

But, I fucking killed it. Body was sore, Head was stuffy.. all day at work. Once I got in the squat rack everything cleared itself up. No better medicine.

Ran the entire course of the workout, increased a few lifts that were sub-par the first day, and now I'm dialed in on my current weights used for 15 rep sets. Feels good to be back, unfortunately I started on Tuesday, and not Sunday.. so to adhere to the program and stay within my overtime schedule at work.. my next workout will be 2 mornings from now, Sunday. From here on, training days will strictly follow Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. 4 days of rest.

Coming off a 6+ month lay-off.. I have to ease in again. Too long of a break, and it's gotta be a slow and steady return. (not intensity in the gym but rest and workouts)

Over the course of 6 workouts I will progressively load weight up to maximum load (15 rep failure sets) The sixth workout thus, being all failure sets will be a bitch, but will end the 6 workout "semi-cycle".

I will then begin 10 rep days :)

-----------------------------------------

Training aside, I dosed my S4 today right when I came home instead of after the gym.. It has about an 8 hr half-life. I take it before work, and after.. but so far I've normally taken it after workout, which is hours after work.. Today I took it an hour or so before..

Nothing major there side effect wise, it's literally been 2 days of training so I can't say much in regards to any drugs, let alone the S4..

To be continued.....

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am veinier than normal, in forearms and biceps for sure.. Being no carb, has likely rid me of most of my water.. I woke up today, naked, 191lbs :D

When I began the diet (Monday - Jan 4th) I was 196-197 upon waking.. but was eating dick loads of carbs for months prior. Chalking it up as .5lb true loss, rest water.. if not all water.

Keeping notes... out loud lol

-------------------------------------------

Nutrition has been excellent.

I don't have carbs.. so I'm sort of drained during certain parts of the day (should be temporary until I'm in full ketosis). 2hrs that go by at work without food.. I feel low for a bit. I eat, I feel great for 1.5hrs.. then I'm hungry and low again until I eat again. Work is a bitch, as usual.

I'm getting to eat some delicious foods.. (aside from dairy.. doesn't agree with me)

Ground Chuck, Top Sirloin, Chicken Breast, Broccoli, Nuts, Butter, Bacon, Peanut butter.. Yeah.. I can do this for a while I think. So many options I have yet to exhaust.. I'd like to try my hand at preparing lamb shank, pork loin, a whole turkey, lobster, and shrimp..

I'm having fun with it. Helps a lot.

Anyway, early day tomorrow for work, catch you all later and thanks for reading!

Sinus congestion is a bitch, and I may be developing some upper respiratory issues as well. Bronchitis is going around here.. hoping I can nip it in the butt before it progresses to that.

I hit the gym this morning anyhow. I don't think I'm willing to not go even if I am sick.. very mindful of cleaning the equipment after I use it. I'm just too pumped to train every time, to just sit back and wait this shit out!

I actually saw "progressive load" with ease today. Each workout I'm supposed to inch closer and closer to that maximal load for the rep range I'm using.. weight used per exercise seems to be increasing just fine, slowly but surely. Nothing to write home about in terms of poundage.. (unless you count the ass I got before the gym!).. but with Hypertrophy Specific Training, you must swallow your pride and focus on what really matters.

Good training days thus far. Loving it still!

----------------------------------

1 week has now passed since implementing the S4, Keto Diet, and HST. (I was previously running Tren (100mg EOD) for 4 weeks during my holiday binge eating) BUT, you can count that too if you want, cause it's surely doing it's thing so, Tren too!

The change in my body over just this single week was phenomenal.. Denser, Stronger, More Vascular, Leaner, and surprisingly bigger looking. I'm more cut, so perhaps it's creating that illusion for me in appearing larger than I really am..

Everything listed above though is equally important to me for hitting me goals! Some things may do more "work", but it's a combined effort nevertheless. If every week is as good as this first one, I will be a totally different animal at the end. Hell, I may even maintain my current weight and be much much leaner if it goes this way throughout it's entirety! I'm game!

I'm tired, need to call it a night. Have a good one, and thanks for reading! :)

Great progress thus far brother!! But, beware.. Don't push yourself too hard if your body is fighting something. I was just sick a little over a week ago. Sinuses.. Shit was no joke, but it cleared quickly.

A little Ephedrine from Sudafed doesn't hurt the cutting process! :)

Yeah it sucks, but I'll have rest days in between training days and off on Friday/Saturdays. Should be enough for me to recover fine. Have to keep up on water, medications, and sleep.

Doing great with my training days. I'll get home and lay around for a bit, but always have that urge to run out the door come 3-4 o clock. Tonight for example.. girl was like "I'm getting tired, I think I'm going to go to sleep now. (4 a.m.)" I replied, "Okay! I'm going to finish my tea and head out to the gym". She scoffs, I smile, tell her I love her and I'll see her tomorrow morning :)

Killed it though, just as before. The progressively loading weight across the days instead of across sets in one workout is working quite well.

As an example : Workout Day 1 Tuesday, Bent Over SH DB Rows : 2s x 15r (25lb DB)
Workout Day 2 Thursday, Bent Over SH DB Rows : 2s x 15r (30lb DB)
Workout Day 3 Sunday, Bent Over SH DB Rows : 2 x 15 (30lb DB)
Workout Day 4 Tuesday, Bent Over SH DB Rows : 2 x 15 (35lb DB)

By workout 6, I should be very close, if not, dead on using the weight I fail with at 15 reps. Based on my performance with each weight.. I'd say it's getting me there at a very respectable pace.

If we're speaking in terms of size.. I'm definitely fuller everywhere, and everyday. It's noticeable after 4 workouts, very noticeable. Does that mean I put on even a single lb of muscle?.. Probably not yet, but it means every day I look great doing this type of routine, I'm not blown out and tired, and I'm ready to fuckin roll every day for the gym.

I received a compliment today (from a lady who is not my girlfriend) about how "insane" my shoulders looked. They're very beefy, she said after I explained "this is only 4 workouts, it's awesome!"

I want envious legs however! I really appreciated the compliment and all, especially from her.. but shoulders have always been my standout. In a shirt, they are the easiest things to make you "seem" larger than you are! And that's just cheating :)

Legs though.. not everyone has a great set of those. It's becoming more clear how severly important they are to overall proportion and even stability. Squatting everyday is new for me. But I do like it so far. First thing I do when I get in the gym now! Oh yeah...

---------------------------------

Nutrition was so-so today and yesterday. No carbs still, which is insanely important in this first few weeks of Keto.. so I didn't blow that! But, I didn't eat all the foods I should have been eating either.

I ate my nuts :)D).. I ate vegetables, some turkey (not 50g x 3 meals), oil, peanut butter, whey isolate, casein.. And it was just mix matched..

Like the one day, I didn't prepare protein before work!! So I packed whey, nuts, brocolli, extra sharp cheese (extra laying around), and peanut butter..

The second day, I packed Turkey Breast. A big chunk of a turkey.. but I forgot vegetables, but, I still packed nuts with that one.. ? I cleaned everything up with food at home afterward.. but it's just not precise enough for me to be happy yet!

Was just all fudged up! Tomorrow will be better with that. Have a plan of action. Ready to roll.

------------------------------------------------

"Supplements"

Tren 100mg EOD, S4 50mg 2xED, 250mg Test E

All doing well, haven't missed a single dose of my S4 or Tren. Sometimes I'll get caught up and have to pin my test later on Day 1, or early the day after Day 2 of each week.. but I don't miss anything else and Test missing half a day is nothing I truly worry about :D

I'll have to find this PubMed study, but I was reading up on some trials they did with S4.. the increases in Bone Mineral Density were astounding actually. Like to an extent they were considering use of it to help combat Osteoporosis in women. I think it could greatly aid those at risk for fractures, who are also looking for an "edge" in their sport (Crossfit, Powerlifting, Olympic Lifting)

Here's a study I could find real quick :

Structural modifications of aryl propionamide analogs bicalutamide and hydroxyflutamide led to the discovery of the first generation of SARMs. Compounds S1 and S4 in this series bind AR with high affinity, and demonstrate tissue selectivity in the Hershberger assay that utilizes castrated rat model (35***8211;37). In this castrated rat model, both S1 and S4 prevented castration induced atrophy of levator ani muscle, and acted as weak agonists in the prostate (35, 37, 38). At a dose of 3 mg/kg/day, S4 partially restored the prostate weight to < 20% of intact, but fully restored the levator ani weight, skeletal muscle strength, bone mineral density, bone strength, and lean body mass, and suppressed LH and FSH (39, 40). S4 also prevented ovariectomy-induced bone loss in female rat model of osteoporosis (41). The ability of SARMs to promote both muscle strength and bone mechanical strength constitutes a unique advantage over other therapies for osteoporosis that only increase bone density.

-
-

Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs) as Function Promoting Therapies

So, it has a much larger profile of advantages than I even remembered reading about. The BMD increase holds true, but along with a few other pretty awesome things too. It may be weak in comparison to that of Tren in it's AAS related effects.. but it does have it's pros. Some I didn't really know about until after administration, good things it's a "research chemical" :D :D :D

Thanks to SarmsSearch again for letting me try this chemical, it is an acquired taste though I will say! :D

--------------------------------

Thanks for reading... it's nearly 8 a.m. Tomorrow is going to be awesome!........ Good night!

Interesting find on the BMD and S-4. I just bumped my dose up to 75mg a day. Since getting sick 2 weeks ago, my strength seems to have fallen off quite a bit.

Sounds like the Tren is kicking in. Gotta love Tren... until it stops loving you back.

I've been on it since Nov. 14th. I made the switch to AML as soon as it arrived in the mail. (Little while before this log started). AMLs product was well known upon entry to my system, compared to the lab I was previously running.

I've had little in the way of negative sides, Dreams, sweats, little paranoia at first, a little aggressive some days, and acne. Everything seems mentally manageable though. I like it, a lot. The positives far outweigh the negatives.

Still waiting on that "when it stops loving you back". You aren't the first to say it. Though, I'm shooting for a total 12-16 weeks with it, I've heard it's unlikely I make it beyond 12.. but that I could get lucky :)

We'll see, takes a lot for me to bitch out.

View attachment 563533

Okay, gonna post a few pics here. First post will be me after 1 week with the diet/training/AAS.. nothing crazy, just 5lbs or so less water than I was carrying (A LOT of what I thought was chub though.. so I was happy about this pic). This picture is in the morning upon wake, 0 carbs before bed the night before, pissed 3 times through the night, dry as I could be at that time probably. (If pics don't show correctly for some reason.. it's the one I'm in the blue for this description)

Next Photos are from after last nights workout (Jan. 15). I've eaten, obviously.. all day long.. and have some abdominal bloat, but felt like I've made moves in a small window of time and needed to show what I had going on. This is why I can't wait to see what 12 weeks will have me! :)

View attachment 563534
View attachment 563535

I have one more pic.. won't let me load on this post! Most important one though so I will make an additional posting here to show in a second.

I don't look perfect. But if I can find a picture of before.. like during the holidays. I'm looking better.. and it just being a few weeks since.. I'm happy as ever right now. I know with the same effort I've been giving these 2 weeks, spanned over the course of this years entirety.. I could look absolutely amazing.

View attachment 563536

Had to crop the top to make it fit... was almost a 2 MB photo.. jesus. Back must be too big... JK

Anyway.. this is the cream I think. Back looks wide, V shape, and I think with consistent training, diet, and loss of fat.. could be my standout piece!

Really feel like working out tonight.. have that itch.. however I will probably just stick to the plan and let the rest work itself out.

One could argue that AAS increases rate of recovery and such and perhaps a 4 day / 3 day split across 2 weeks would be better.. But, I probably won't implement such things until I've been hitting the iron again for at least 2 months with no misses.

Maybe it's just this coffee.. has me hyper :D :D

Overtime work this evening.. that should relieve my itch to train.

Thanks for following, all is well, pictures are up to those who haven't seen yet. :)

Back for an update!

Hit the gym tonight, real hard. Have my girlyfriend's sister hittin the iron now! Bright and early for her, Night cap for us :)

I'm hovering 186-190 now depending on day/night. Got damn being lighter feels good.. Less weight on the hips/knees/feet at work. More agile for sure. ;)

I wear a uniform (smock) at work.. hard to tell through clothes how I look, but I've been getting compliments on the daily there. People that actually see me in fitted clothing say great things rather frequently. And to those special enough to see my progress pictures or at the gym.. are in awe actually.. it's flattering, but I'm very hungry this time! Won't stop till I have what I want, and I'm but an inch closer than I was last week.

My legs are filling out well, getting dense. Love that. Shoulders are ridiculous. Back is fantastic! Chest is developing evenly now (implemented self-alignment exercises for shoulders). Calves are fine. Forearms keep up. Traps are growing better than ever. (implemented Power Shrugs, NASTY fuckin exercise, LOVE IT!)

But, I'm seeing fat in areas I don't like still, arms aren't developing as much as I'd like (but I will be patient), and I'm noticing I have to be mindful of my lower back still (implementing lower abdominal exercises, sciatic glides, static stretches, and opting into more seated exercises). I'm really happy with what I have going on, but am always my worst critic. I've always seen imperfections in the mirror. Now, I have the drive to do something about them, and I'm rolling with it!

HST is going fantastic. Just cleaned up the last of the 6 workouts. Caps the first semi-cycle. I now move to 12 rep days for the second semi-cycle. Les get it.

Nutrition is great. Keto as can be. I found a ultra low carb Cannoli recipe I'm going to throw together soon, Hell Yes! Today I may have gone to 30-35g.. I had a couple lo-carb energy drinks. Back to the grind of Coffee/MCTs tomorrow! Note : How amazingly sweet they tasted though!... It was wild. 6g per can or so.. but it was like drinking a regular one for me. Overwhelming almost.

AAS is dosed as usual. SARM dosed as usual. All supplements involved are kept up on. Very diligently in fact. Run a tight ship here. :)

Feeling good, and now I'm getting sleepy. Time for me to rest and relax, eat a little something too. :D

Feelin good this morning, backs a little tight, but energetic :)

Made some BulletProof Coffee for the first time. It was amazing compared to my standard black+MCT. I'll lay out the recipe for anyone who's not familiar and would like to implement it into their morning keto routine!

I personally do 10oz cups from my Keurig.

-10oz Brewed Coffee
-1tbsp Butter
-1tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
-1tbsp MCT oil OR Coconut Oil

No-calorie sweetener / Stevia... etc.

Nothing special as far as preparation, I just pour each into the cup whilst brewing, or after it's finished, depends on what I'm doing. Tastes amazing. 300 calories, all fat, good boost from the coffee. Get's me ready to roll.

So, today being the first day with it, I made it as my first cup.. But, as I'm only planning on 1 BPCoffee per morning, I think from now on I'll opt into using it as my 2nd cup.. right before work. That way I get some sustenance, and will be less likely to eat "real" food until my first break. This will give me 12 - 1 p.m. waking to 7 p.m. first break with no real food. Just coffee+MCT, and 1 BP coffee around 4-4:30.

This really helps with my appetite too. Makes it incredibly easy for me to destroy all my food for the day and opens a spot for a well bodied meal pre-workout as well. I've been finding it helps with energy after work drastically. Trying to eat an hour or so before workout to let it all settle, but still benefit from the increase in energy, and without having to use a stimulant 3 hrs before bed time. :D

Anyway, ready to start the 2nd semi-cycle tonight. Got 12 reps per set for 2 weeks now, rock and roll!

NOTE : Checked my blood pressure this morning. All is go, 133/78. Back is in a little pain, and I generally come out with higher numbers under those circumstances.. even at the Dr. office, I'll have perfect numbers, but if in pain will generally look like this.

Last edited:
Booyah!

Workout 1 of Semi Cycle 2 : Complete!

I approached this first workout a little strong, but it turned out well. I used my max load for the final night of 15s as the beginning load into 12s :D

I'll go ahead and break down the transition. And before there are any "that's not enough weight" comments.. I do have mechanical limitations (hips, low-back, and shoulders get extra care... kinda :D )

15 Rep Semi-Cycle END WEIGHTS into 12 Rep Semi-Cycle BEGIN WEIGHTS

Legs
- Squat (Low Bar/Rippetoe Style) : 140lbs to 145lbs
- Leg Curl : 90lbs to 95lbs
- C. Raises : Bodyweight 0 up 1 down to BW 0 up w/ 2 second downs

Chest
- Slight Inc. DB Press : 50s into 50s
- Slight Dec. DB Press : 50s into 50s

Back

- Lat PullDowns : 90lbs into 90lbs
- Bent Over DB Rows : 40s into 45s

Shoulders

- Military Press : 40s into 45s
- Face Pulls/Rear Lateral Raises : 90lbs/10s Respectively

Biceps

- Alternating exercises : 20-25s in single curling movements 50lbs-60lbs in bar movements

Traps

- BB Power Shrugs (Rippetoe style) : 130lbs into 135lbs

Triceps

- Y Rope Pushdowns : 80lbs into 90lbs

Torso

Just started implementing abdominal exercises into the routine tonight. Feels great. Gonna be real sore tomorrow I can tell. :)

------------------------------------------------------

So, most weights stayed exactly the same, or I loaded an extra 5 lbs to begin the progressive load for 12 rep days. Feels great seeing movement like that. It's sort of cheating the system.. lowering the reps and raising the weight. But I'm hitting heavier 15 rep sets than I did at 200+ lbs peak bulk.. All while in a caloric deficit? Fuck me that's nice.

The only real full exertion sets I've had were the final sets of the 6th workout. Loaded to max, and pleaded for each rep to be finished at the end! Red faced, panting, and grunting to the extreme :D Was a good night a few nights ago really.. Didn't give enough credit to that day.

Anyway, it's getting late. I've kept the lady up too long the past few days and feel guilty being on the computer/phone, ignoring her for hours every day lol

ONE LAST THING! I got promoted at work. Still a generally physical job. But it's a second hand man type **********. so when there is manpower to cover my area.. I will be off the physical work and casually walking around/fixing others mess ups/cleaning... light duty stuff.

This could eventually progress into something even greater, and then really make a huge impact to next go arounds BULK!

Thanks for reading :)

Back! Had a busy week, and lead-into the weekend. Tiring week of work that's for sure.

Didn't miss my workout since I last posted! Went quite well actually. Weights are improving as the rep range has lowered, and I'm still progressively loading without any issues (joints, soreness, lack of energy.. good on all accounts). :)

Here are some updates from the previous pictures posted. Just a single week later and look at this, it's amazing.

View attachment 563600

Back