Do you suffer from anxiety ?

• Yes I suffer anxiety at all times

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Only when on a cycle

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Never

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
The worst thing about steroid anxiety is that at times you are unsure of what the cause is

something to do with neruo steroids(testosterone,progesterone,dht,whatever)
altering the gabaergic system in a way that inhibits the calming properties of endogeonous gaba!

Basically Gaba acts like a dimmer switch at each synapse inhibiting stimulatory neurotransmitters(epinephrine dopamine and seratonin) from passing on the the adjoining nerve terminal
this works by opening and closing of the chloride ion channel wich has an effect on polarisation at cellular level reducing the electrical current passing through

If your gaba system has been modulated by Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) so that the dimmer switch is no longer working then all of the stimulatory nuerotransmitters will pass through creating a exitable state!

now i am okay up to this point but this would suggest that steroids would effect every ones nervous system this same way and everybody would therefore feel the stimulatory effects of androgens directly on their target cells

so lets say that there are androgen receptors in the heart,this would mean that everybody that takes Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) would have a direct increase in heart rate directly from androgen stimulation in the same way a beta agonist would stimulate beta cells in the heart?right?

another theory is that people with anxious dispositions have in some way an inferior gabaergic system wich even before modulation from NeuroSteroids is faulty if you like!

so basically when you add aas(Neurosteroids) to an already half busted gabaergic system the whole network collapses leaving the body in an overstimulatory mode(causing direct exitotocicity on the heart and therefore causeing palpitations!....so is it........

1 is it the gear stimulating the heart rate itself(no not possible otherwise every one on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) would have heart palpitations.right?)

2 is it the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) throwing your bodies homostasis off the track and causing the body to release stress hormones wich in turn stimulate the heart rate causing panic

3 is it the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) directly acting upon your brain to somehow put your body in a constant fight or flight mode that if you are pre disposed to anxiety will cause you to secrete more stress hormones (cortisol,adrenaline)

4 or do i have a heart problem that is agravated by steroids?(this is where i get stuck every time......)

was reading your tbol log and read similar experiences that i get!sept i get irregular beats aswell (but apparently they are form anxiety too?)didnt you have like a near death experience a couple years ago dude?somethin bout co2 or sommit!i cant remember?

i just think if it aint gonna kill me i may as well get on with it because that just the way my body is?

any other oppinions guys as this is a real mind boggler to me !Lucky !do uo u use any meds?I try not to use meds cos they fuck my training up!i either take a benzo or beta blocker if im in the real shit else i just ride out the storm!hope that helps)

Last edited:
brizo said:
The worst thing about steroid anxiety is that at times you are unsure of what the cause is

something to do with neruo steroids(testosterone,progesterone,dht,whatever)
altering the gabaergic system in a way that inhibits the calming properties of endogeonous gaba!

Basically Gaba acts like a dimmer switch at each synapse inhibiting stimulatory neurotransmitters(epinephrine dopamine and seratonin) from passing on the the adjoining nerve terminal
this works by opening and closing of the chloride ion channel wich has an effect on polarisation at cellular level reducing the electrical current passing through

If your gaba system has been modulated by Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) so that the dimmer switch is no longer working then all of the stimulatory nuerotransmitters will pass through creating a exitable state!

now i am okay up to this point but this would suggest that steroids would effect every ones nervous system this same way and everybody would therefore feel the stimulatory effects of androgens directly on their target cells

so lets say that there are androgen receptors in the heart,this would mean that everybody that takes Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) would have a direct increase in heart rate directly from androgen stimulation in the same way a beta agonist would stimulate beta cells in the heart?right?

another theory is that people with anxious dispositions have in some way an inferior gabaergic system wich even before modulation from NeuroSteroids is faulty if you like!

so basically when you add aas(Neurosteroids) to an already half busted gabaergic system the whole network collapses leaving the body in an overstimulatory mode(causing direct exitotocicity on the heart and therefore causeing palpitations!....so is it........

1 is it the gear stimulating the heart rate itself(no not possible otherwise every one on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) would have heart palpitations.right?)

2 is it the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) throwing your bodies homostasis off the track and causing the body to release stress hormones wich in turn stimulate the heart rate causing panic

3 is it the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) directly acting upon your brain to somehow put your body in a constant fight or flight mode that if you are pre disposed to anxiety will cause you to secrete more stress hormones (cortisol,adrenaline)

4 or do i have a heart problem that is agravated by steroids?(this is where i get stuck every time......)

was reading your tbol log and read similar experiences that i get!sept i get irregular beats aswell (but apparently they are form anxiety too?)didnt you have like a near death experience a couple years ago dude?somethin bout co2 or sommit!i cant remember?

i just think if it aint gonna kill me i may as well get on with it because that just the way my body is?

any other oppinions guys as this is a real mind boggler to me !Lucky !do uo u use any meds?I try not to use meds cos they fuck my training up!i either take a benzo or beta blocker if im in the real shit else i just ride out the storm!hope that helps)

Fuck dude you a regular encyclopdea of information, that's amazing info you have there! And you even know my life history...yeah I got fugged by CO poisoning, nearly killed me..ever since then I been on the road to repair but the heart issues are still plaiging me...I've had all the tests on my heart and everything has come back clear so it looks like the CO just stressed out my body and I'm a little over sensitive now...fugg I probably just need a holiday!!

The only meds I use are valium, maybe once a week when things mount up and a very low dose ( as always :D ) of 1.5mg...

I'm very careful not to overuse the valium as it can be addictive, the ideal solution would be to find a natural substance that isn't addictive and would relax me a little without making me drowzy..the valium is very good I can even train on it and it makes you feel fucking fantastic!! I don't want to screw my gains which is why I also ony use the valium once a week...

Why would the Valium screw your gains as it doesnt inhibit protein synthasis like nsaids or opiates?

I tried low dose Valium but i just found it fucked up my sex drive and i got a pretty demanding missius!lol,how did you find it on that matter?(i was also on .5mg adex eod aswell and that doesnt help either)

I had a fucked up experience on some class a's a few years back(started tripping out and hearing voices in my head,i freaked out and had a major panic attack and collapsed and thought i was dead,since then i am paranoid about things that i put in my body and i think events like these leave a mental scar on the subconscience wich is constantly on the edge!

Just trying to make a connection between past experiences and the way the body deals with anxiety!

I am on a mission to get to the bottom of this!next step is hypnotherapy and see if i can get rid of anything from the subc that may be causing this

pm me to let me know your progress dude!vice versa

so far i have put together a damage limitation protocol.....
magnesium citrate 600mg per day(heart rythm)
Hawthorne berry/leaf 15mls per day(bp)
garlic x6 per day(thins blood)(bp)
ginger 1200mg per day(thins blood in case fast hr causes clot)
Omega 3's DHA and EPA rich 6 caps per day(cholesterol)
3 bananas(high potassium keeps heart rythm in check)
B5 1g per day(adrenal function regulation)
High dose B Vit supp

Supposed relaxants.....

L theanine 300mg pd(2x 150mg tabs 1 morning 1 evening)
Liquid mixture of
scullcap,lemon balm,gotu kola,valerian @3x the recomended dose(still doesnt make a major impact but its better than nothin)

Prescription meds....

Valium 1.25-2.5mg(occasionally and only when necessary)
Propanolol 5-10mg(occasionally but only if heart is flip flopping to much!)(RARE!)ps this stuff makes me feel like a 60 myear old man in the gym so never on a wo day!

oh and thoms

do you find that st johns wort can get rid of palpitations because imo it doesn't even make any difference to me?

I always carry a 10mg Valium,a 10mg propanolol and some asparin 75s just incase any shit goes down...i am prepared!!!!!

brizo said:
Why would the Valium screw your gains as it doesnt inhibit protein synthasis like nsaids or opiates?

I tried low dose Valium but i just found it fucked up my sex drive and i got a pretty demanding missius!lol,how did you find it on that matter?(i was also on .5mg adex eod aswell and that doesnt help either)

I had a fucked up experience on some class a's a few years back(started tripping out and hearing voices in my head,i freaked out and had a major panic attack and collapsed and thought i was dead,since then i am paranoid about things that i put in my body and i think events like these leave a mental scar on the subconscience wich is constantly on the edge!

Just trying to make a connection between past experiences and the way the body deals with anxiety!

I am on a mission to get to the bottom of this!next step is hypnotherapy and see if i can get rid of anything from the subc that may be causing this

pm me to let me know your progress dude!vice versa

so far i have put together a damage limitation protocol.....
magnesium citrate 600mg per day(heart rythm)
Hawthorne berry/leaf 15mls per day(bp)
garlic x6 per day(thins blood)(bp)
ginger 1200mg per day(thins blood in case fast hr causes clot)
Omega 3's DHA and EPA rich 6 caps per day(cholesterol)
3 bananas(high potassium keeps heart rythm in check)
B5 1g per day(adrenal function regulation)
High dose B Vit supp

Supposed relaxants.....

L theanine 300mg pd(2x 150mg tabs 1 morning 1 evening)
Liquid mixture of
scullcap,lemon balm,gotu kola,valerian @3x the recomended dose(still doesnt make a major impact but its better than nothin)

Prescription meds....

Valium 1.25-2.5mg(occasionally and only when necessary)
Propanolol 5-10mg(occasionally but only if heart is flip flopping to much!)(RARE!)ps this stuff makes me feel like a 60 myear old man in the gym so never on a wo day!

oh and thoms

do you find that st johns wort can get rid of palpitations because imo it doesn't even make any difference to me?

I always carry a 10mg Valium,a 10mg propanolol and some asparin 75s just incase any shit goes down...i am prepared!!!!!

Shit dude you sound like a clone of me, I also have used Propranolol but I already have a low heart beat of around 40 ( did a lot of cross country ) when relaxed so throw the beta blocker in and it goes down to <30..I had to run around so my heart would carry on beating!

I do the same as you, I've got valium with me at ALL times just incase shit hits the fan.

I got my heart palpitations after my Dr told me my palpitations were in my head and that I should go home relax in a bath, light some candles...well 2hrs of high dose CO later I was a coma patient! Great advise from Dr Dickhead.

As far as I understand it valium decreases gains by slowing down your CNS, this suspresses the speed at which your CNS would recover..it was an interesting article I read... maybe it is incorrect ?

I so rarely use valium that it isn't an issue, and if you read my log my sex drive is at warp factor 10 at the moment if anything it needs suppression as my dick is getting worn out! :insane2:

I'd say i think events like these leave a mental scar on the subconscience wich is constantly on the edge!

that's spot on as i'm a healthy fucker and I ran mega high dose ephedrine in the past with no heart problems, I get CO poisoning and now I'm a shakey wreck after a cup of coffee! fucking joke!

I'll try your damage limitation protocol :D and see what that does but I gotta get to the bottom of this as it's fucking up my training which is no 1

Last edited:
i have anxiety all the time the only time gear made it worse was 800 mgs of eq along w some heavy deca and testosterone dosages

i always have an unrelaxed feeling. sometimes ill have spurts where i feel fine and very normal. most times thou i feel introverted.

i used to use zoloft but not sure if it was helping so i stoped it after a few years of use recently and am reevluating what i feel like with out it.

I even get it on Primabolan!lol thats how bad it is!

Deca fucked me up the worst for some reason

EQ is no worse than any other as i pretty much get anxiety with all aas!

Benzos are the only meds that can balance this out imo but the propanolol stops any physical symptoms!

The problem is there arent enough studies on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) on anxiety to know exactly how it works

So Lucky...you had the palpitations before any gear and also before the CO2 Event?...was you on any stims,coffe,ephadrine ect?

What symptoms do all you guys get

Lump in your throat type feeling with palpitations,or full blown burst of panic?

I get a shortness of breath feeling all day with pauses in between some of my heart beats,then when i really panic i can see my heart beating through my chest!it is sick!

oh and thoms

Sadly, not for me, but I'm an extreme case. I have found absolutely nothing that worked for me. Betablockers, antidepressants, even valium and xanax washes right through me with no effect. But I know St John's wort has helped others. You might want to ask Trevdog, he has a protocol for St John's wort that helped him a lot.

brizo said:
I even get it on Primabolan!lol thats how bad it is!

Deca fucked me up the worst for some reason

EQ is no worse than any other as i pretty much get anxiety with all aas!

Benzos are the only meds that can balance this out imo but the propanolol stops any physical symptoms!

The problem is there arent enough studies on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) on anxiety to know exactly how it works

So Lucky...you had the palpitations before any gear and also before the CO2 Event?...was you on any stims,coffe,ephadrine ect?

What symptoms do all you guys get

Lump in your throat type feeling with palpitations,or full blown burst of panic?

I get a shortness of breath feeling all day with pauses in between some of my heart beats,then when i really panic i can see my heart beating through my chest!it is sick!

No the CO caused the palpitations, I used to run 10miles a day so my heart was ROCK solid, before the CO I used to use high dose ephedrine with zero issues and many other non prescription drugs cough cough, nothing affected my heart and I could eat stress for breakfast!

The symtoms I get now are an irregular pounding heart beat, light headed, feel like my heart is going to spaz out, can't sleep on my left side, pressure and stress in my upper chest area.

When I originally had the CO I was sat there with my chest moving so much that it would litaraly knock the TV remote control off my chest, I seriously thought I was going to die! so compared to that I'm much better :D

Last edited:
I have anxiety, im not sure if gear makes it worse. But T3 made it so bad i had to come off within 3 days of starting.

Damn...alot of us have it. I have it mostly during the day for some reason. I take a 1mg Klonopin when it gets to me. I used to take Xanax, then ran out and started to detox. Its the worst feeling a person can ever feel. Dont get hooked on Xanax...its a living hell getting off of em.

gator_mclusky said:
Damn...alot of us have it. I have it mostly during the day for some reason. I take a 1mg Klonopin when it gets to me. I used to take Xanax, then ran out and started to detox. Its the worst feeling a person can ever feel. Dont get hooked on Xanax...its a living hell getting off of em.

Can you elaborate...I'm real careful not to get hooked on valium.....

yeah gator, what did u feel like coming of xanax?

by the way nycee i was getting very nervous and stiff when i was taking t4 at 150mcg a day. i now take only 100mcg a day and wonder if it still contributes to my anxiety. you just reminded me, maybe i need to come off of it.

i was using it to aid my gh but ive been living a mentall hell latelty.

Back