Any benefit from switching to subcutaneous injections?

sanipialo

I have been on TRT of 175 mg every 7 days for the past 2 weeks and am already seeing some benefits. I have no problems with injecting IM every 7 weeks, but would like to switch to 75mg every 3 days to get a more stable dosage and less peaks.

I cannot find any scientific research that shows the benefits of subcutaneous injections.

Does anyone know any paper to support the benefit and absorption rate for subcutaneous injections of testosterone?

For most of the benefits, you don't need a study to prove them. The benefits are less peaks and valleys. Most men can use lest test to achieve desired TT levels. Smaller pins used if that bothers you. Better estrogen levels...some guys can get off AI when using sub q.

But, almost everything I said above is really just a benefit of higher frequency injections. Alot of guys use the smaller pins but still basically do IM, just more often than once a week.

There are a few studies I used to have. This is the only one I found on my phone... I'll keep looking.

Subcutaneous administration of testosterone. A pilot study report. - PubMed - NCBI

Jim

Last edited:
Aside from the report mentioned in the previous post, there is another study that I have seen. Basically, the studies conclude that sub-q works well.

I use a 29 gauge half-inch needle injection in my quads every 4 days. An injection of 0.4ml (80mg) keeps my test in the 1000-1200 range. I think my injections may be shallow IM rather than sub-q because I have very little fat on my thighs and about half way in there seems to be a little extra needle resistance.

I use this injection method because it is usually almost painless and I don't like big needles. Also, twice a week injections are recommended by many people. I have found that injecting more than 0.5ml can be uncomfortable so the method is not suitable for cycles.

Ok, first off, oil based must be injected IM. any water soluble can be injected underskin or subcutaneous. Subcutaneous usually means pellet insertion which disolve slowly.

I've missed the muscle a couple times and my body acts like it has an infection .... redness, pain, sweats... Goes away after a few days.... I would keep your oil based test in the muscle. If you are shooting any water based you are good to go.

Ok, first off, oil based must be injected IM. any water soluble can be injected underskin or subcutaneous. Subcutaneous usually means pellet insertion which disolve slowly.

I've missed the muscle a couple times and my body acts like it has an infection .... redness, pain, sweats... Goes away after a few days.... I would keep your oil based test in the muscle. If you are shooting any water based you are good to go.

Your personal experience with it might be right, but.. no offense... the overall tone here is wrong. It's been proven sub-q injections are not only viable, they are actually the preferred method of injection by alot of top TRT Drs now.

-Jim

Your personal experience with it might be right, but.. no offense... the overall tone here is wrong. It's been proven sub-q injections are not only viable, they are actually the preferred method of injection by alot of top TRT Drs now.

-Jim

I did not know, hmmm... that would make things easier. I will have to look into this. Thanks for the info

OK, here's a good medical response

Subcutaneous (SQ) injections ***8211; This is an injection method that involves the injection of a (primarily) water-based solution into fat tissue just underneath the skin. Oil based solutions can be injected here too, but it is not normally recommended. Subcutaneous injections are reserved mostly for the administration of insulin, HGH (Human Growth Hormone), HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin), and other peptides. Subcutaneous injections are used mostly with water-based substances, and substances that require very small amounts (1mL or CC or less), as subcutaneous injection sites cannot comfortably hold large amounts. Water based as well as oil based anabolic steroids can indeed be injected subcutaneously, but users must take care that their subcutaneous steroid injections involve far less volume of liquid than intramuscular injection sites. Studies have demonstrated that stable blood plasma levels of anabolic steroids following subcutaneous administration just as efficient as IM injections[1] [2].

OK, here's a good medical response

Subcutaneous (SQ) injections ***8211; This is an injection method that involves the injection of a (primarily) water-based solution into fat tissue just underneath the skin. Oil based solutions can be injected here too, but it is not normally recommended. Subcutaneous injections are reserved mostly for the administration of insulin, HGH (Human Growth Hormone), HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin), and other peptides. Subcutaneous injections are used mostly with water-based substances, and substances that require very small amounts (1mL or CC or less), as subcutaneous injection sites cannot comfortably hold large amounts. Water based as well as oil based anabolic steroids can indeed be injected subcutaneously, but users must take care that their subcutaneous steroid injections involve far less volume of liquid than intramuscular injection sites. Studies have demonstrated that stable blood plasma levels of anabolic steroids following subcutaneous administration just as efficient as IM injections[1] [2].

Right - this is exactly why people do subq though - to inject more often, giving steadier levels of T/E. I 100% agree - you can't inject as much, at least not in all spots. I have found that doing subq into the glutes does allow for MUCH more volume than abdomen though. I know Dr. Crisler, as well as many other top TRT practitioners recommend it now.

Not trying to be a jerk - just want it out there that subq is definitely viable.

Good video by Dr Crisler from a few years ago. I do know from reading his posts elsewhere he now recommends the glutes and as small as 29g syringes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98LOFQwUGA

-Jim

No offense Bro... All is good.

As an old dog I have been doing the thing that has been a stable for me for 12 years. We were taught to always use IM for oils.
Probably for good reasons back then. If the oil near fats thing can distribute the test in a way to give desired results than it's a viable method.

Just Eat Eat Eat and Shoot!! LOL Swol on brothers

Back