any of you smoke???

S

sean usmc

how many of you smoke...and do feel it effects your weight gain ....

i do but i try not to too much... i quit chewing and needed something so i started smokin again .... happens the most when i'm drunk but when i'm sober maybe 1 a day ... just when i get a craving

I am a smoker. I smoke cigars. I dont think it affects my growth because it doesnt cause me to miss any meals. I do just fine with the cardio. But I have often wondered the same thing, would I be better off if I didnt smoke, gym wise.

unfortunetly i do, i hate smoking, ive been smoking over 20 yrs, i know the shits killing me, but i have to have a cig with my coffee, or if i drink, gotta have a smoke. the days i want to quit and go all day with out one, my wife comes home and lights up, and as soon as i smell it, thats it for me. i could save so much cash if i quit, it would pay for my gear :mad:

cryptkeeper said:
unfortunetly i do, i hate smoking, ive been smoking over 20 yrs, i know the shits killing me, but i have to have a cig with my coffee, or if i drink, gotta have a smoke. the days i want to quit and go all day with out one, my wife comes home and lights up, and as soon as i smell it, thats it for me. i could save so much cash if i quit, it would pay for my gear :mad:

I was there for like 20 years. I put them down for good a year and a half ago and I will NEVER pick them up again. It was tough at first but I just don't even think about it anymore. When I see someone smoking and the smoke billowing out of their mouths I shake my head and wonder how the fuck I ever did something that destructive to myself. It's gross to me now.
If I walk through someone's smoke I get offended. I've turned into a real judgemental person when it comes to smoking.

I really like cigars but its not nearly a every day thing. Grew up watchin my mom smoke 2 packs a day. Disgusts me in the winter when she drinks like a bottle of prescription cough syrup a week.

Jimmykick said:
I was there for like 20 years. I put them down for good a year and a half ago and I will NEVER pick them up again. It was tough at first but I just don't even think about it anymore. When I see someone smoking and the smoke billowing out of their mouths I shake my head and wonder how the fuck I ever did something that destructive to myself. It's gross to me now.
If I walk through someone's smoke I get offended. I've turned into a real judgemental person when it comes to smoking.
some day ill get fed up and just drop em too i hope, it does make me wonder if it is hindering my growth or not

Inquirer said:
I am a smoker. I smoke cigars. I dont think it affects my growth because it doesnt cause me to miss any meals. I do just fine with the cardio. But I have often wondered the same thing, would I be better off if I didnt smoke, gym wise.

I hear ya! I love cigars. I smoke all kinds. About one a day or about five a week. I live in Tampa FL, the cigar capitol of America. There are nice cigar shops everywhere. My favorite right now are Hoya De Monteray Excaliburs. But that could change anytime. :druggie: :druggie:

yes it effects your gains because i talked to a dietist and he showed me a study that nicotine raises your metabolisam and you need 20% more calories then nonsmokers so for a hardgainer(and 90%of us are hardgainers)its not good at all.
But its not just that its the health risks i saw on tv yeasterday that a studty on 8000 smokers made since 1978 showed that smoking is more dangerous then even the doctor thought ,75% of the smokers got some lungproblems that were fatal in 20% of cases it was not cancer but some other condition.
But correct me if im wrong when you smoke a cigar you dont inhale the smoke?

You really dont inhale a cigar like you do with cigarettes but the dangers are still there to a lesser degree. You of course breathe in some second hand smoke which isnt good for you either. There are increased risks for mouth and throat cancer with cigars. Overall Id say a recreational cigar smoker doesnt have that much to worry about.

Back