Anyone ever have a problem getting a tattoo while on cycle

lith56

Swelling....
Just had everything I got done in a tattoo session for my sleeve get infected and cannot figure out why? Anyone ever heard of this or have a similar experience while on cycle?

Had part of my sleeve done in August and I was on test tren cycle, it got infected bad.. Probably a coincidence ... I was sweating 24/7 between the 90 degree temp and the tren.. Was probably the cause.. I would be curious if there was any link between the two.. But I'm doubting it

Interesting thread, getting the other half of my sleeve done next week an I'm also running a cycle. I know the tattoo artist is going to tell me not to work out while it healing but I can't c myself doing that. Like to hear some more..bump bump!!

Last edited:
I got one on my first cycle and had no problems with it what so ever. Mine wasnt a sleeve though it's on my ribs/oblique.

Have you been working out/back in the gym? My best friend got a tat and went to the gym a day later and got a staph infection cuz of the open wound. Btw he's never taken anything, so my thought is sweat and bacteria in the open wound...keep it as clean as possible

I agree with dgreene303, a staph infection is nothing to joke about. My tattoo artist advised me not to go to the gym for at LEAST a week. It was difficult to do, but worth it in the long run. Recommendation: don't get tattooed while on a cycle and don't go to the gym for at least a week.

Use on ointment, fucidin ointment cream is the best..
Don't workout for few days .. Keep on putting the cream after your shower pwo ..

The issue that I have is that this tattoo is not going to done in one session, it's going to be a few and I don't want to take that much time away from the gym. I guess I will just keep some sort of ointment on and wear long sleeve shirt at the gym while I'm getting the sleeve done.

I had a small one done last time while on cycle. No issues, but this thing was like half hour maybe actual needle time. Not sure Id wanna try a 6 hour session while on or at least depending on what Im on I guess

Every tattoo I've every gotten has happened on cycle. Including a half sleeve on tren.

Only problem is going from the shop immediately to the gym, done that several times and it makes for a fairly painful workout, depending on the location of the art. My next one I'll just get that days workout in prior to the tattoo session.

Don't wear color shirts to gym while tattoo is healing. Wear whits long sleeves. Also don't rub ur tattoo. Pat it down. Use ointment as needed. Shower immediately. Should be good to go bro.

Back