Anyone here train using the Rest-Pause method?

amadeus

I just started to try it out - actually this past Saturday to be exact - and I did two exercises for chest and two for biceps...man, i like it. although I'm sorta confused as to just how to be doing it.

for example, i took the 65 lbs. dumbells and used those...started off doing 10 (what i could) took it real slow down then exploded up, held it for 2 seconds, then down again....when tired, i waited 15 seconds then nailed out more till i got 20 total reps done. i was exhausted my chest was in pain, but i'm not sure if what i did was the entirely correct way of doing it.

any tips or help?

im not exactly sure what your supposed to be doin here....but when i do "pause" sets, i pause at the bottom of the lift, say let the bar rest on my chest for 2 seconds before lifting up....correct me if im wrong fellas

i think you're right, i think maybe my explanation was a little jacked up.

well, whatever i did i notice some growth after just one day...

you wont notice growth in one day lol. for a rest pause set do this, simple do your normal set say dbell press for as many as you can do say 12, then take a 5-10 breath rest then imediatly do as many more as you can, take a 5-10 breath rest, imediatly go for more till failure. ect. i usually do 2 rest pauses in a set.

i assure you that my chest is a helluva lot fuller looking than a week ago...anyways, today i go again and we'll see how it goes today.

amadeus said:
i assure you that my chest is a helluva lot fuller looking than a week ago...anyways, today i go again and we'll see how it goes today.

not trying to be an ass....but its impossible to see noticable mass gains in a week.......you may feel fuller after your workout because of the blood rushed into the muscle, but muscle doesnt grow that fast

oh i don't think you're trying to be an ass at all...i didn't really clarify myself...i'm not huge, but i can definitely notice that my muscles are fuller....

i really gotta start taking progress pics of myself, lol....:40oz:

Back