Anyone who knows about NCAA football drug testing?

MiddleLB

I play college football and i was wondering if any of you guys had experience with NCAA drug testing? Thinking about taking 10 weeks primo injectable, was wondering if this would automatically show up on a drug test? and also is it mandatory you are tested once a year or is there just a poss. u might be tested? Basically is it a terrible idea? thanks

If you're gonna be tested, try and avoid subtsances with a long half life. Injectibles usually have a much longer half-life and they stay in your system longer. Have you considered shorter, perhaps more frequent, oral only cycles? Like 4 weeks?

MiddleLB said:
I play college football and i was wondering if any of you guys had experience with NCAA drug testing? Thinking about taking 10 weeks primo injectable, was wondering if this would automatically show up on a drug test? and also is it mandatory you are tested once a year or is there just a poss. u might be tested? Basically is it a terrible idea? thanks

You can be tested multiple times a year...I still question if these random drug tests are legit, i know for a fact at some schools they are not random and it's a joke.

I would do a oral cycle but, i really had my mind set on primo and im not sure if ill be able to get oral primo! Also Gator when you say some school are not random do u mean they target some kids, B/c i know at alot of schools if your a good player and they know you might fail a test they will try to keep you off the testing list. Thats kind of what im thinking about banking on.

MiddleLB said:
I would do a oral cycle but, i really had my mind set on primo and im not sure if ill be able to get oral primo! Also Gator when you say some school are not random do u mean they target some kids, B/c i know at alot of schools if your a good player and they know you might fail a test they will try to keep you off the testing list. Thats kind of what im thinking about banking on.

I know for FACT that guys on USC and UF juice. I know that random testing is BS. I'm not sure how they get by it. I'm sure they tell players when they will get tested or maybe if they test positive they just pretend like it didn't happen. I'm not too sure. However I do know programs will throw kids who have no chance of playing under the bus and have them test positive so it seems like they are really doing these random drug tests.

I would stay on the safe side untill you know what is going on in your school. Untill then use some orals that clear the system fast.

Yeah, if you were set on primo, I reckon oral oxandrin (anavar) is your best bet. Its similar to primo, as in its mild and gives good strength gains, but you'd need to take more primo and primo is more rare and hence more expensive.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help, all good ideas. I think im goin to see how camp go's and talk to some guys who have been there and then decide.

d1aa, d2, d3 all dont test... d1a they test random 10 people every year on each team for performance enhancers.

Diesel5555 said:
d1aa, d2, d3 all dont test... d1a they test random 10 people every year on each team for performance enhancers.
d1aa does test, where are you basing your info from?

I have plenty of friends who play d1aa who get tested.

Wow where is all of your info coming from?

Orals would be a horrible choice as all that would give you improvements worth the risk take about 5 weeks to clear. Test prop or test suspension is the way to go.. anyway, i'll post up a message I wrote somebody that pretty much sums it up; I don't feel like writing it out. This has to do w/ D1-AA, but still solid info. If you want specific info, go to that link at the bottom and find your division

---------------
The NCAA requires a roster of all active players from each school. I don't know how often its updated, but I'm pretty sure every time they're going to take a test, the head trainer sends an updated roster w/ everybody on the team (scout team and all). The roster is put into a computer and depending on the division of your institution, a certain # of names is spit out. If you're not D-1A, the majority of the test is football players (if your school has football) and then they randomly select another sport and a handful of names from that sport.

So in short, yes incoming freshmen are eligible for testing. If you're planning on taking something, I would stick with nothing longer than test prop. hCG and others are listed as illegal but I don't think they test for them; even if they do you're test/epitest will have to be off first, then the sample is analyzed further.

Sorry for the length, I'm just trying to give you the whole pic. Write me back if you have any other questions.

PS - All that is from personal experience and info I gathered from my trainers and reading the NCAA website over 4 years of playing - no rumors in there.

-----------

Well this past summer (summer '06) they implemented year-round (including summer) testing. I think with D-IA (maybe AA) they included football and baseball possibly; can't remember football for sure though. Anyway, basically its the same as the school year testing. Even if you're across the country, somebody meets you and tests you. If you don't show (at any test) it's an automatic fail. So what I'm getting at is the old summer cycles are not an option anymore. Really, if you're going to a school with a good program you don't need steroids to help you gain/lose whatever. There aren't a ton of AA programs like that but there are some. Anyway, if you're willing to deal w/ the age side effects stick w/ the short esters the summer before the first fall. After there isn't much difference in running a cycle mid season and in the summer.

Check the link below and you should be able to find a lot of the official info here:

http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/legislation_and_governance/eligibility_and_recruiting/drug_testing.html

Last edited:
both of my cousins playes for FSU .They did not get tested or ever even thought they would be tested,if you are a valuable asset and you are good with the coaches at best its a slap on the wrist ,now pro is a whole different ball game but college no worries

Back