Armidex,liquidex year round..Dangerous?

jjrapstar

I am prone to gyno so when I cycle, I have to take Anastrozole (armidex) .5 EOD. It helps with the Gyno and I noticed it helps with my morning wood...and night wood...and day wood....

I am now on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), 200 mg wk, for about 5 or 6 months (went from a cycle and stayed on). At 200 mg wk, I did not initially take anastroloze, thinking the small dose would not affect my gyno. I WAS WRONG.

I got some liquidex, .5 EOD, and the nipples feel great. My morning wood is back too.

My question is this; knowing that I have to take some form of armidex constantly, what are the negatives for staying on year round. I have read that during a cycle you should take an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) only as needed. Does this advice mean constantly taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) is not a good thing? Why or why not?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Aromatase is the enzyme in the body that converts testosterone to estrogen.

Arimidex is a brand name for the compound anastrazole FYI.

I am prone to gyno so when I cycle, I have to take Anastrozole (armidex) .5 EOD. It helps with the Gyno and I noticed it helps with my morning wood...and night wood...and day wood....

I am now on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), 200 mg wk, for about 5 or 6 months (went from a cycle and stayed on). At 200 mg wk, I did not initially take anastroloze, thinking the small dose would not affect my gyno. I WAS WRONG.

I got some liquidex, .5 EOD, and the nipples feel great. My morning wood is back too.

My question is this; knowing that I have to take some form of armidex constantly, what are the negatives for staying on year round. I have read that during a cycle you should take an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) only as needed. Does this advice mean constantly taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) is not a good thing? Why or why not?

Thanks for the help.

I'd suggest that you get your estrogen level checked. This way you have an idea of where you are. Since you stated you feel good now, it would be worth knowing what levels produced the "good" feeling.

From there, you can assess your Aromatase inhibitor (AI) usage and tailor it toward feeling your best.

Running an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) year round, in itself, is not bad as long as you don't crush your estrogen levels to nothing. That can have a negative impact on your lipid profile.

I run adex at .5 mg on Mon/Thurs and my estrogen level stays in the low range of the normal scale. That is where I feel best. My lipid profile is great - total 130, 90, and 40. It has been in that very range for years. So the minimal amount of the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) has not affected that very important metric.

IMO, the goal would be to use as little of an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) to achieve the most favorable/comfortable result.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Cash. I got my blood checked a month ago; however my Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) clinic states that they have not received them yet and Quest Labs will not give me information...they will only communicate with my Dr/Clinic.

I can't express how fuckin' mad I am right now. I'm not sure whose fault it is (Quest or my Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Clinic) but if something doesn't give I'm gonna jump ship.

I really wanted to blast for about 10 -12 weeks and I am stuck waiting on someone to find my labs!!!

You really need to pitch a bitch, bro. That's one reason MAXIMUS only uses Labcorp, unless a client chooses to get their labs done elsewhere. Labcorp allows me to stay on top of everything all the time. It sounds like the Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) provider you are with, knows that you are about to jump ship. They are holding you hostage. Textbook. Bullshit.

Chip is 100% spot on here. My urologist can turn my labs around in 7 days. I have my draws on a Monday and I go back in the following Monday to discuss/review.

Grant it, I am dealing with a local doc but I am in a very small town so I know my draws have to be sent out for processing. It's not like my urologist is spinning the vials in his office.

If you have insurance and a primary care doc, schedule an appt and go in for your labs. It will be covered on your insurance if you have the your primary care doc check the insurance form that states you need labs to check for "at risk, long term medication" you are using.

You are going to have to tell him what you are doing, why you want your labs, and what values you want tested. A basic lab won't include test, free, or estrogen.

Otherwise, get with Chip.

Regards.

You really need to pitch a bitch, bro. That's one reason MAXIMUS only uses Labcorp, unless a client chooses to get their labs done elsewhere. Labcorp allows me to stay on top of everything all the time. It sounds like the Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) provider you are with, knows that you are about to jump ship. They are holding you hostage. Textbook. Bullshit.

Back