aspirate air bubbles?

mattd46612

Anyone ever have this happen? I had it all the way in and the needle on. It was a 1.5" in my glute and I aspirated and got a air bubble in there? I know in a muscle it wont hurt anything but just though that was wierd.

a vacuum bubble will form when you aspirate, but it should go away when you let the plunger pull back down. if it doesn't, then you might have cracked the plastic seal between the needle and syringe and pulled actual air in. Usually the needle will start leaking during the injection if this happens though.

Dont remember seeing a bubble, but def no blood. Who knows, Im still alive so they went ok. Hard to see back there so maybe i just didnt see it right the first 3 times.

the bubble probably was there in the first place, but very tiny. when you aspirate, the negative pressure you create within the syringe causes whatever air is inside to expand. So when this happens, its a good sign cos you didnt hit a vein; no blood enters the syringe. So the bubble will disappear when you release the plunger as the pressure is now normalised.

There not bubbles in the since of "Air Bubbles" it is simply a sucthion that is formed when you pull back on the syringe let it go and it will snap right back.

Ok, I have finally gotten the deaded 'blood in the syringe' when aspirating which indicates that the site is not a good one. Now here is my question...
After pushing most of the blood back out of the syringe and needle is the juice still usable in the pin? Just find a new location and re-stick or junk the juice and start over? (which sounds rather expensive)

Its ok to inject blood just pull the pin out of the bad site and just re-stick maybe a little to the side of the previous one and inject.

Back