B-5 "The Acne Cure?"

Juice2003

Whats up Men,
I heard Vitamin B-5(aka. Pantothenic Acid) is a good supplement to take for acne. Is it true? If it is how many grams/day? Any side effects?

Yes by all means give this a shot! Try 10 grams per day with meals only. Something like 3 grams 3 times a day with your largest meals. I experienced bad side effects the first 4 days, but after that my body completely adjusted and now I feel no negative side effects. Really, it may not cure your acne but it is definitely working towards increasing total coenzyme-A in your body, which is almost always a good thing.

It has worked very well for me but only after several weeks. Have patience and good luck!

I have had great success using B-5 @ 3 grams/day.....no sides at all.

Some guys go as high as 10 g/day, but only for a loading phase of a couple weeks, then cut it back to 3 or 4 grams/day.

I use it at 2-3 grams per day too. I had horrible bacne probably since puberty and it's cleared almost all of it up at that dose, but it did take at least a month for it to really kick in.

GreasyGreek said:
Yes by all means give this a shot! Try 10 grams per day with meals only. Something like 3 grams 3 times a day with your largest meals. I experienced bad side effects the first 4 days, but after that my body completely adjusted and now I feel no negative side effects. Really, it may not cure your acne but it is definitely working towards increasing total coenzyme-A in your body, which is almost always a good thing.

It has worked very well for me but only after several weeks. Have patience and good luck!

What kinda sides did you get from it?

Flex it said:
I just started taking it today @ 2g/day. Is that not enough?

You might want to think about taking 5-6 g/day for the next two weeks, then cutting it back to 3 g/day.

2 grams was not enough for me.....but 3 does the trick, then again everyone is different......

I'm the worse at math so how many mg to a gram? I've been taking this stuff for about 4-5 weeks now with no real change so I uped the dose last week to 2 pills a day, 500mg per pill. I've alway had back acne since my teens. Now that I started my cycle I fear the acne will just get worse.

JCT said:
I'm the worse at math so how many mg to a gram? I've been taking this stuff for about 4-5 weeks now with no real change so I uped the dose last week to 2 pills a day, 500mg per pill. I've alway had back acne since my teens. Now that I started my cycle I fear the acne will just get worse.

1000 mg = 1 gram

my freind is intrested in this, this might sound newbie but can you use oral vitamin b-5 or is it injectable. You can buy it any where right like gnc.

Don't get it from gnc unless you just got lots of money to piss away. Go to www.puritan.com and right now it's buy 1 get 2 free on all their vitamins. The shit's $11.85 for 100 500mg pills but you get 3 bottles of 100 for that price. So 6 bottles will run about $28 with shipping. At gnc you can expect to pay about $65 for the same amount.

2 grams is all I've ever used to cure as well, worked great for me too, thanks for that link focker that will save me, I bought at vitamin world last time which was just as bad as gnc

Can you just stay on B5? or do you stop taking it when the acne is gone? Are there any side effects to taking it?

Last edited:
thanks for the website focker
i haven't noticed any side effects while taking it i take 2 grams a day
my face cleared up in a matter of 1 week

I'm not sure if it's true, but on one of these boards it was stated something about when you stop taking b5 that you start to lose your hair??? any truth to that?

Back