Baked Beans.

Drako

Just looking at the nutritional value of a can of beans the other day dont ask how or why cause I really dont know, anyway...

Protein = 30g
Carbs = 68g
of which sugars = 20g
Fat = 2g

This is Per 420g can of baked beans.

It got me thinking would these be a good choice as part of a post workout meal, it has a decent amount of protein double the carbs and also has sugar that isnt the best choice but still it does the same job as dextrose. What are your thoughts?

beans are good but most of those cans of baked beans or pork n beans have too much sugar. They are basically drowned in brown sugar, molases, and other sweets. I try and stick to the cans of plain beans and add them to things... but like you said, if sugar isn't a big deal for ya, it would make a decent post-wo item.

lol tell me about it esspecially if you add chilli powder... BIG mistake, its like holocaust in my toilet bowl.

Beans are a big part of my diet ... on a per dollar basis its difficult beat em value-wise. of course, when you cruise through the grocery store with a dozen cans of beans in your cart ... you can get some funny looks.

Back