Baking Is Gay

Uridium245 said:
Thanks mranak! Gotta admit I like the ambience around here.

Peace,
Uri

If there's one thing I hate, it's motherfucking fluffy bunnies. And snakes on planes, I hate motherfucking snakes on motherfucking planes.

TxLonghorn said:
If there's one thing I hate, it's motherfucking fluffy bunnies. And snakes on planes, I hate motherfucking snakes on motherfucking planes.

you really gotta get around here more often. We're beginning to think you don't care for us chem guys...

Not that we give a fuck anyway. :D

TxLonghorn said:
I was thinking about asking you what the fuck you are talking about, but then I realized I don't give a shit.

Cheers.

mranak said:
I was thinking about asking you what the fuck you are talking about, but then I realized I don't give a shit.

Cheers.

Uridium245
Fluffy Bunny Hater

I was commenting on uridium's custom title as well as throwing in some humor by referencing Snakes on a Plane which opened this weekend, starring Samuel L. Jackson, hence the m-f profanities.

:afro:

Uridium245 said:
It won't hurt but won't help either. Oil has a thermal protective effect in regards to micro-organisms suspended in it. Oil being a very poor thermal conductor as compared to water and will insulate the bacteria. Heating to 200F for 10 minutes is the equivelant of putting a roach in the microwave. All it's gonna do is piss him off. Plus we have not even touched on pyrogens or endotoxins from gram negative bacteria which would require heating to 480F+ for 3 or 4 hours.

Check the link below and make sure to review Table 4.

http://www.aapspharmsci.org/view.asp?art=ps050208

"Results of the preservative screening tests showed that the formulations containing 0.75% and 0.5% benzyl alcohol are potential candidates to meet the USP/EP criteria (Table 4). Both formulations demonstrated a complete kill of the tested bacterial and fungal species after 7 days."

One more reason why I never brew and shoot. Give the BA time to get to anything the filter missed.

Your putting me in an either or situation when we are agreeing on most everything. Of course you must filter, and use antiseptic techniques. Of course I use alcohol in my steroids.

endotoxins are the LPS of bacteria. It is not something they produce like milk. If there are enough bacteria in your steroids to cause an imune response, you should have heated the steroids to kill the bacteria or followed other sterile procedures. Your analogy is very poor about bacteria concerning cockroaches. The heat would be effective at killing most bacteria illregardless of the medium they are in.

Do you wash your hands?

Do you cook your food?

Do you drink pasturized milk?

Do you eat canned food (low acidic)?

All these products are treated with heat to kill bacteria

Do you understand the reason for high heat for long periods of time is not to kill the bacteria, but to kill the endospores?

coloradosteve said:
Do you understand the reason for high heat for long periods of time is not to kill the bacteria, but to kill the endospores?

Steve, while some of your points may be valid in regards to food, we are talking about a raw hormone, which can be damaged if exposed to the amount of heat necessary to do any sort of good when it comes to sterilization.

With homebrew, good sterilization comes from proper filtering. That's it. Baking is unecessary, plain and simple. If you want to do it for extra piece of mind... fine. but its not needed, nor will it do anything.

1. Mix solvents, oil, powder.
2. Heat til clear
3. Filter
4. Draw
5. Shoot

No more, no less. Simplicity.

TxLonghorn said:
Uridium245
Fluffy Bunny Hater

I was commenting on uridium's custom title as well as throwing in some humor by referencing Snakes on a Plane which opened this weekend, starring Samuel L. Jackson, hence the m-f profanities.

:afro:

well it wasn't funny at all dumbass!! :flipoffha

really TX, you need to come around more :afro:

coloradosteve said:
Your putting me in an either or situation when we are agreeing on most everything.
Sorry about so long to respond PC probs. Anyway it not an either/or thing Steve. If you feel it helps go ahead and do it. What I'm trying to tell you is that the science doesn't support it.

coloradosteve said:
The heat would be effective at killing most bacteria illregardless of the medium they are in.

Do you wash your hands?

Do you cook your food?

Do you drink pasturized milk?

Do you eat canned food (low acidic)?

All these products are treated with heat to kill bacteria

Not to beat a dead horse but washing your hands is effective due to the alkalyn nature of soap and everything else listed there consists of 70% or more H2O not oil.

DRY HEAT STERILIZATION:
Equipment: Oven
Method: Dry heat sterilization is carried out at 160 deg C. to 170 deg C. for 2 to 4 hrs.
Application: Glassware, Fixed oils, Thermostable powders

STEAM STERILIZATION:
Equipment: Autoclave
Disadvantages: 1. Cannot use for oily preparation (oil base ointment)

http://webusers.xula.edu/tmandal/pharmaceutics/STERILZ.PPT

"The advantage of wet heat is a better heat transfer to and into the cell resulting in overall shorter exposure time and lower temperature. Steam sterilization uses pressurized steam at 121-132° C (250-270° F) for 30 or 40 minutes. This type of heat kills all microbial cells including spores, which are normally heat resistant. In order to accomplish the same effect with dry heat in an oven, the temperature needs to be increased to 160-170° C (320-338° F) for periods of 2 to 4 hours."

Full article here:
http://www.lbl.gov/ehs/biosafety/Biosafety_Manual/html/sterilization.shtml

"Fats and oils have a great protective effect on microorganisms and their spores by
interfering with the penetration of wet heat. As has been noted, wet heat at a given temperature is more lethal
than dry heat, because moisture is an effective conductor of heat and penetrates into microbial cells and spores.
If microorganisms are trapped within fat globules, then moisture can less readily penetrate into the cells and
heating becomes more like dry heat."

http://www.vhall.nl/International/Chinese/Downloads/HeatPreservation.pdf

Edit: Screwed up the links first time around. Should work now.

Last edited:
A-10 said:
I figured I'd play it safe and bake my prop and tren after I made it just to humor myself. Cooked it for an hour at 275, let it cool with the pins in, etc.. Now theres little 25g holes where I left the pins in the stopper. I thought it'd be fine but when I turned the vial upside down to draw a little bit started oozing out, maybe a drop or so. Fuck.

I really dont feel like ordering up just 2 50ml bottles to transfer it. I was thinking maybe a little dab of superglue or something? I won't be baking my shit again.

take the pins out next time while its cooling. =0l

whats up guys. I see you guys saying just filter with a whatman .22 and that there is no need to bake the oil in an oven because it doesn't get hot enough because of the oil or it doesn't use pressure like an autoclave. Ive read in other threads that some people use a pressure cooker like an autoclave so you get heat and pressure. Then some people say that doesn't work either due to the oil. There HAS to be a way that will sterilize it beyond just filtering.

It seems to me like the only thing that really needs sterilized is the fina or whatever powder you are using, everything else should be sterile. So why not crush the fina and put that into a pressure cooker or oven? If you can't do that with powder then why not with the BA or BB and add oil after it is in the pressure cooker then filter. or how about adding a lot more BA or some other bacteria killing chemical to the fina (alcohol? or something) than what is needed, letting it sit until any bacteria is killed and baking the solution until the ba/chemical evaporates then you are left with basically sterile fina and then continue the process as normal.

THANKS

Dry heat sterilization of oil-based preparations is ineffective. Some people recommend 250F, which is the temperature used in most autoclaves. These devices use pressure and wet sterilization and will work on aqueous solution but not on oil based. The time required to kill a known population of microorganisms in a specific suspension at a particular temperature is referred to as thermal death time (TDT). However, oils slow heat penetration and increase TDT. Therefore dry heat sterilization is less efficient than an autoclave and requires more heat and time. If dry heat sterilization alone is used the heat must be raised to 320F-340F for 2 to 4 hours. This would damage many of the hormone preparations we make.

Your best bet is to follow sterile practices, use 2% BA and filter with a .2um filter.

This is one of three responses in this thread that is intelligent.
Follow very sterile brewing practices, wiping all surfaces and areas around your brewing station ovens and handles etc down with isopropyl alcohol and just all around being sterile. Heat product up to 90-100 C while brewing and 65-90 C while filtering and use .22um filter and there will be no probs, plus the juice will be stronger. My practices have shown me that using heat after final product is made to "sterilize" will cause the molecules of the hormones to be destroyed slowly rendering it useless and therefore less potent.
Same powders same source.... used to bake and the shit was good, then stopped baking and using less heat for less duration during brewing got back on cycle and the shit was a lot stronger mg for mg.

From the time I put the powder BB and BA on the burner to melt it to the time I add the (heated GSO and EO) to begin filtering it is roughly 12 minutes and then the heat gets turned down for sterile filtering and for a 40ml batch by the time I get done filtering and capping 4 vials its about another 10 mins so a total of about 25min or so the product gets heat and that is it!
Never had an infection with that method or even the slightest pain with prop, enanth, cyp, deca, EQ, at normal doses.

Back