Been off cycle for over 1 yr..still problems

jucieNjs

Here is some brief history:
Never had problems with Gyno growing up. Started having problems after my first 2 cycles, which I had NO idea what I was doing. I did no post cycle therapy (pct) or Nolvadex. Since then, my last two cycles, I used nolvadex and finished with a normal post cycle therapy (pct) of Clomid and some HCG.

My last cycle was in Oct. of 2003, over a year ago. For the past 5-6 months my nipples have been sore and puffy. Of course, I decided to get back on some nolvadex. But my source was down, and there was the big fiasco with the X research comp. For the past 5-6 months I have been on nothing, and my nips are still sore and puffy.

My question is...I have Liquid Nolva and Letro. Being that I am not on a cycle what schedule and dosage should I use????

Thx fellas

you may already have permanent gyno since its been there for a while, you might have to resort to surgery if its bad

Surgery may be an option down the road, however, I would like to try this first...Also, I do not have any hard knots or a ball below my nipple

HCG was for shrinkage....

I while back I read a study about taking Novadex over a 2 to 3 month period that helped reduce Gyno....

Bump for dosage and schedule???

i Found this, but does anyone have any more indepth information on the Nolva study?

GYNCOMASTIA

Background: Gynecomastia is a benign enlargement of the male breast resulting from proliferation of the glandular component of the breast.

Medical Care and Treatment:

* surgical treatment might be considered.

* Clomiphene, an antiestrogen, can be administered on a trial basis at a dose of 50-100 mg PO every day for up to 6 months. About 50% of patients achieve partial improvement in breast size, and about 20% of patients might note complete resolution. Figures vary with the type and duration of gynecomastia. Side effects are rare and include visual problems, skin rash, and nausea.

* Tamoxifen, an estrogen antagonist, is effective for recent onset and tender gynecomastia when used in doses of 10-20 mg PO twice daily. Up to 80% of patients note partial-to-complete resolution of gynecomastia within 3 months. Nausea and epigastric discomfort are the main side effects.

* Other drugs used less frequently include danazol and testolactone.

* Danazol, a synthetic derivative of testosterone, inhibits pituitary secretion of LH and FSH, which decreases estrogen synthesis from the testicles. Dose used for gynecomastia is 200 mg PO twice daily. Complete resolution of breast enlargement has been reported in 23% of cases. Side effects include weight gain, acne, muscle cramps, fluid retention, nausea, and abnormal liver function tests.

* Testolactone, a peripheral aromatase-inhibitor, has been used with varying success rates (up to 40% decrease in size) in doses of 150 mg PO 3 times per day for 6 months. Nausea, vomiting, edema, and worsening of hypertension have been reported with its use.

* Braunstein GD, Glassman HA: Gynecomastia. Curr Ther Endocrinol Metab 1997; 6: 401-4[Medline].
* Glass AR: Gynecomastia. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 1994 Dec; 23(4): 825-37[Medline].
* Jones DJ, Holt SD, Surtees P: A comparison of danazol and placebo in the treatment of adult idiopathic gynaecomastia: results of a prospective study in 55 patients. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 1990 Sep; 72(5): 296-8[Medline].
* Mahoney CP: Adolescent gynecomastia. Differential diagnosis and management. Pediatr Clin North Am 1990 Dec; 37(6): 1389-404[Medline].
* Neuman JF: Evaluation and treatment of gynecomastia. Am Fam Physician 1997 Apr; 55(5): 1835-44, 1849-50[Medline].
* Plourde PV, Kulin HE, Santner SJ: Clomiphene in the treatment of adolescent gynecomastia. Clinical and endocrine studies. Am J Dis Child 1983 Nov; 137(11): 1080-2[Medline].
* Stepanas AV, Burnet RB, Harding PE: Clomiphene in the treatment of pubertal-adolescent gynecomastia: a preliminary report. J Pediatr 1977 Apr; 90(4): 651-3[Medline].
* Thompson DF, Carter JR: Drug-induced gynecomastia. Pharmacotherapy 1993 Jan-Feb; 13(1): 37-45[Medline].

Back