before school starts again

big ferrigno

there have been a lot of posts about how to get arms growing. Right now mine are at 16.5 and I want 17 before i go back too school in sept. My calves are 17 so i gotta get the bis growing. Thinking about just doing heavy heavy back then finish off with some bi's. Gunna start creatine this week so that should help with the mass (and the diet is fine as is). I hit tris hard all the time and can not go harder cuz that would be overtraining. Just gotta get some thickness on the arms, any advice would be great

i do heavy squats, and deads. Deadlifts are starting to help, but not as much as i want them too. RIght now i do barbell curls for 5x5, then sitting dumbells curls (or hammers) for 2x10, then concentration curls for 2x10

gottabadrash said:
Squats................

i love it.
Q. how do i get my arms to grow?
A. squats.

Q. I need ab work. how do i get a six pack?
A. Have you been going heavy on dead lifts? what about squats.

Q. my marriage is aving trouble do to my training. what do you guys think i should do?
A. Probably add another set of heavy squats.

Q. I pulled my pec. anyhting i can do to speed recoverY?
A. Go lower on squats. Also, try some deads.

fucking stupid. Yes, overall your arms will get bigger as you do. However, squats arent particullarly effective bicep builders.
Cut down on your sets. no more then 5 sets or so to failure. Try some one arm curls using the cables. Keep the handle down y the floor, and do a regualr curl, only squeeze hard and turn you pinkies out at the top.
try super setting that with reverse curls on the same piece of equiptment, so you just switch your grip and keep going.

what does your routine look like, cause there was a change i made a while back that spawned some growth, maybe you can apply it. but i need to see your routine.

well my routine is in lingo since i am always trying to shock my muscles, but now i am lifting heavy so this is it.
Chest- Bench press, 10, 4, 2, 2. Maxing out on the last sets
Incline dumbell 3x10
Cable Crossover- 2x12
Back Deads, 10, 4, 2, 2. (max again)
t-bars, 3x10
Pull downs, 2x10
Tris Skull Crushers, 3x10
dips, 3x12
pressdowns, 2x10
bis (already told)
legs Squats, 3x8-10
leg press, 3x6-8
extensions, 2x10
Just started doing calves three times a week which has sparked growth like crazy
Forearms twice a week, and abs every other day
10 mins of cardio before workouts.
I change workouts everyweek, and this is just my heavy sets

big ferrigno said:
well my routine is in lingo since i am always trying to shock my muscles, but now i am lifting heavy so this is it.
Chest- Bench press, 10, 4, 2, 2. Maxing out on the last sets
Incline dumbell 3x10
Cable Crossover- 2x12
Back Deads, 10, 4, 2, 2. (max again)
t-bars, 3x10
Pull downs, 2x10
Tris Skull Crushers, 3x10
dips, 3x12
pressdowns, 2x10
bis (already told)
legs Squats, 3x8-10
leg press, 3x6-8
extensions, 2x10
Just started doing calves three times a week which has sparked growth like crazy
Forearms twice a week, and abs every other day
10 mins of cardio before workouts.
I change workouts everyweek, and this is just my heavy sets

um......you do this everyday?

i just started doing deads, they have been doing well so far.
Not every day, tahts just my heavy routine which only lasts for one week

If you want bigger arms you should be thinking of Triceps more then biceps. Tri´s are bigger. And I hope you dont do more sets for biceps then triceps?

does anybody ready these things? i already mentioned that i train triceps harder, and only do a max 6-8 set for bis'

Back