Best time for blood draws and workouts?

Hypnotix

I have a schedule much different than most I'd believe to be on this site. 2nd shift hours at my job are 5 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.

If I got to bed by 3a.m. which is generally where I'm at after OT and the drive home, I'd wake around 9-10a.m.

Alternatively, I could stay up, eat, workout, research, shower, eat again and sleep by 6:30-7:00 a.m..

I've been on schedule 2 listed there for about a year or two. And have always wondered... is it bad to workout after work in this case being 3-4a.m., what about late blood draws, noon is pushing it trying to wake up when on this schedule.. but I've always heard your best tests are at or before 9a.m.? Always wondered if that was just an average result on people.. and the vast majority of people work 8-4, 9-5.. etc.

Are optimal levels on a schedule dependent basis? Would waking earlier and working out early be more beneficial?

Thanks ahead of time :)

Other s will chime in

My best w o s are after I sleep and 1 st thing I do...that way the rest of my is both better and cake.
I believe blood draws are more accurate after you ve slept and not eaten esp. if your looking for cholesterol and such...but I m just a peacekeeper. Other s will be along shortly.

Other s will chime in

My best w o s are after I sleep and 1 st thing I do...that way the rest of my is both better and cake.
I believe blood draws are more accurate after you ve slept and not eaten esp. if your looking for cholesterol and such...but I m just a peacekeeper. Other s will be along shortly.

I can guarantee blood draws will be most accurate after being well rested, and fasted for certain values. But, I'm really asking if somehow we have an internal clock that regardless of how we've changed our sleeping habits throughout the years, it remains the same.

For example, 9a.m. gives best test readings regardless of personal sleep schedule? What if I don't EVER wake before noon, because I go to sleep at 4a.m. Or is that hogwash that insurance companies demand draws be done before 9a.m. and I'm just assuming they do this based around an average sleep schedule?

Other s will chime in

If morning workouts work for you, I'm in. Lol You're the man T. Scientific fact, personal opinion, or hearsay.. everything Is acceptable in my thread! :)

I can guarantee blood draws will be most accurate after being well rested, and fasted for certain values. But, I'm really asking if somehow we have an internal clock that regardless of how we've changed our sleeping habits throughout the years, it remains the same.

For example, 9a.m. gives best test readings regardless of personal sleep schedule? What if I don't EVER wake before noon, because I go to sleep at 4a.m. Or is that hogwash that insurance companies demand draws be done before 9a.m. and I'm just assuming they do this based around an average sleep schedule?

If you are talking about Natty levels, then yes, your sleep schedule matters.

If you are talking about Natty levels, then yes, your sleep schedule matters.

Yeah, natural levels. Should have mentioned that. I'm on TRT but, I've always wondered if I was gimping myself with having my TT checked at 11-12, instead of 8-9 a.m.

So what about working out? Think it's counterproductive to workout after a 9 hr's of physical labor? That it would be better suited in the morning as early as I could manage?

Thanks Mega :)

I think people's body clocks are different. Some are morning people. Some are night owls. I personally have tried getting up at 5:30 am to go to the gym before work and it just doesn't work well for me. Experiment and see what works best for you.

Back