Best way to maintain during off cycle ......suggestions

TLF84

Hey guys did my last shot today of my first cycle ( test e 250mg twice a week from bayer ) ....kinda sad it's over as my first cycle was interesTing and planned my second cycle already.

Now what are you experienced guys doing during off cycle periods to maintain and even make gains .

Should I change up diet and add in a few more supps like up the aminos, creatine etc ???

Also during the next two weeks before I start pct will there be enough test in me to keep making gains ???

Last edited:
ingif.gif

Yes it takes more then two weeks for your levels to drop low enough for you to start post cycle therapy (pct). The reason you shutdown is the high test levels tell your body whoa stop producing test. After your last pin you levels will start to drop. When it gets below a certain point then your lh will say start producing test. So yes you will still have higher then normal test untill you hit about 2.5-3 weeks after last pin. The key to pct is to stay strong and don't think about it. At some point you will have to push hard. The way we maintain gains off cycle is training hard and eating really good. If your diet and training is in check and bloods show your recovered there is no reason why you won't be able to maintain gains. You'll lose some but the key is to keep is much as possible. This is the hard part. Aloy of guys do not know how to train right or eat right causing a loss of most gains. This is why we say over and over again make sure you have your diet in check. This is the most important factor. Sure guys put on some weight n muscle on cycle with a decent diet. If you do that shit when off cycle you'll lose most of it causing guys to run cycle after cycle without the proper recovery time. There's no need for that. If your diet and training is in order you can achieve great success without the improper use of aas.

i agree with Bigherm

you pct will help get the natty system going. do a solid pct, get bloods

try to workout eod, this will allow your body plenty of time to recover. you diet must be same as it was on cycle. try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.

Yes it takes more then two weeks for your levels to drop low enough for you to start post cycle therapy (pct). The reason you shutdown is the high test levels tell your body whoa stop producing test. After your last pin you levels will start to drop. When it gets below a certain point then your lh will say start producing test. So yes you will still have higher then normal test untill you hit about 2.5-3 weeks after last pin. The key to pct is to stay strong and don't think about it. At some point you will have to push hard. The way we maintain gains off cycle is training hard and eating really good. If your diet and training is in check and bloods show your recovered there is no reason why you won't be able to maintain gains. You'll lose some but the key is to keep is much as possible. This is the hard part. Aloy of guys do not know how to train right or eat right causing a loss of most gains. This is why we say over and over again make sure you have your diet in check. This is the most important factor. Sure guys put on some weight n muscle on cycle with a decent diet. If you do that shit when off cycle you'll lose most of it causing guys to run cycle after cycle without the proper recovery time. There's no need for that. If your diet and training is in order you can achieve great success without the improper use of aas.

Exactly the way I would have put it. It's funny to me how a guy will start a cycle and then all of the sudden start training harder and eating a lot more. You're right bro, this is why a lot of guys lose most of their gains when they are off. They don't use proper PCT, which is a given most of the time, or they just don't train near as hard and start eating only a couple of times per day. You have to keep the fire burning. Your body is just like a fire in the sense that you have to keep throwing wood on the fire to keep it burning. Once you stop you will be left with coals that will burn for a bit, but will eventually go out. You are sure to lose your gains when you cut your calories in half and quit training at high intensity. It cracks me up that so many guys don't understand the basics but use AAS. This shit isn't a sure fire way to get big and stay big. There are many other variables that play a factor in your size, strength and stamina. If all the variables are in check then you are surely going to grow beyond what you have seen before. Good luck man!

"Now what are you experienced guys doing during off cycle periods to maintain and even make gains ."

I don't have to try that hard to maintain gains off cycle, I even make some what little gains between cycling. Might be because I'm 21? I don't know, however I do give 100% in the gym, and being off cycle isn't an excuse to not train as hard, for the days I feel lethargic I take 3-4 scoops of jack3d.

A lot of people say "eat big" while it's important to to eat enough, it's just as important to not eat too much and end up gaining a lot of fat. I've always kept my protein high and never worried too much about carb or fat intake, off cycle I probally eat about 3000 kcals so 500 kcals above maintenance and for me that's effective.

"Now what are you experienced guys doing during off cycle periods to maintain and even make gains ."

I don't have to try that hard to maintain gains off cycle, I even make some what little gains between cycling. Might be because I'm 21? I don't know, however I do give 100% in the gym, and being off cycle isn't an excuse to not train as hard, for the days I feel lethargic I take 3-4 scoops of jack3d.

A lot of people say "eat big" while it's important to to eat enough, it's just as important to not eat too much and end up gaining a lot of fat. I've always kept my protein high and never worried too much about carb or fat intake, off cycle I probally eat about 3000 kcals so 500 kcals above maintenance and for me that's effective.

Yeah bro, when we say eat big we just take for granted people know it means eating right (healthy) as well. Shit, you don't want to eat fast food 4-5 times per day to keep gains. We don't mean to emulate the dude in "Super Size Me". I know carbs and some fats are good and needed, but I mainly mean to keep your protein intake up to at least 1.5g per lb of body mass. As I stated I know a lot of guys who eat that or upwards of 2g while on cycle and then when off go back to eating 1g or less. So many of them are illiterate to the fact that diet is the most important variable in the equation of getting big and staying lean. Their excuse of lifting like pussies, eating much less, and partying all the time is because they are off cycle and won't gain anyhow. This preconceived notion that you can't grow without AAS is total bullshit. Obviously, you aren't going to get as big naturally, but you can grow. Life isn't over when you are off cycle and hope shouldn't be lost.

Yeah bro, when we say eat big we just take for granted people know it means eating right (healthy) as well. Shit, you don't want to eat fast food 4-5 times per day to keep gains. We don't mean to emulate the dude in "Super Size Me". I know carbs and some fats are good and needed, but I mainly mean to keep your protein intake up to at least 1.5g per lb of body mass. As I stated I know a lot of guys who eat that or upwards of 2g while on cycle and then when off go back to eating 1g or less. So many of them are illiterate to the fact that diet is the most important variable in the equation of getting big and staying lean. Their excuse of lifting like pussies, eating much less, and partying all the time is because they are off cycle and won't gain anyhow. This preconceived notion that you can't grow without AAS is total bullshit. Obviously, you aren't going to get as big naturally, but you can grow. Life isn't over when you are off cycle and hope shouldn't be lost.

I hear you man :D I wanted to make others aware on the point you just made, there was a time where off cycle I WOULD eat takeaways stuff myself with greasy food to ensure I wasn't going catabolic. Needless to say, I got fat pretty fast. :laugh:

Back