Big fat older guy. Need to do something NOW!

flyboy9994

53 y.o. male. On TRT. Morbidly obese. I need to lose 100 lbs. Am I in the right place to start this kind of a thread?

Not a bodybuilder but I do like to lift. Haven't worked out in 5+ years. Literally starting from ground zero

If so, I'll post all my stats here. Thanks.

I had great success with a Ketogenic Diet.

You might want to consider hiring 3J. He is the resident Diet Coach here and he has worked with a lot of guys on TRT. He is on TRT himself. He has very reasonable prices ans gets great results if you follow his plan.

Reactions: 3J
Thanks Megatron. I have also had great results in the past on a ketogenic diet but am a little worried about tanking my metabolism and/or thyroid on a very low/no carb diet. I've done hundreds of hours of research and there is so much contradictory information out there, I'm super confused at this point.

I was looking at 3J's website and I got the impression it was specific to bodybuilding/cutting. I'm obviously going to need something much different than that.

3J you there? Can you help?

3J can help you, no problems there, but ONLY if you are willing to put in the hard work yourself without someone nagging or pushing you. If you can do that, you can see great results.

3J can help you, no problems there, but ONLY if you are willing to put in the hard work yourself without someone nagging or pushing you. If you can do that, you can see great results.

Thanks cybrsage. Yeah, I'm definitely ready. I'm at a stage in my life where I need to do something or it's over. I have to pass a physical every year for my job and high blood pressure is a show stopper. I plan on working for at least another 15 years so it's pretty motivating. Also don't want to get old and sick. Both my parents died from the typical western diet. Not pretty and I don't want to go like that!

Anyway, I just dropped 3J a note on his website. Thanks again.

Thanks cybrsage. Yeah, I'm definitely ready. I'm at a stage in my life where I need to do something or it's over. I have to pass a physical every year for my job and high blood pressure is a show stopper. I plan on working for at least another 15 years so it's pretty motivating. Also don't want to get old and sick. Both my parents died from the typical western diet. Not pretty and I don't want to go like that!

Anyway, I just dropped 3J a note on his website. Thanks again.

i got your email brother... and have sent back a response...

im glad youre taking steps to become healthier.. if you can provide the will power, i will show you the path

hey.... Welcome to the club mutherfuker!!! Seriously, first step is doing what you did, posting, now do whats harder than that, stand behind yourslef and SAY NO! No to the BS snacks we all want, the oils, mayo, cheese, shit you dont need on a daily basis. Pizza is a once in a month thing, I learned, not a lunch thing... It starts with you and the word NO... I know cause I said NO... The more you say no, the easier it is, its a behavior, a habit, a simple thing you need to cut.... Im not skinny or in shape yet, BUT I am down from 240 to a bunch less with just some simple mods to my daily diet....

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement. I know the road is going to be tough one but I'm at the point where I don't have a choice. I simply have to just do it!

Rastas... Really really liking your avatar! Excellent motivation.

Thanks for the encouragement. I know the road is going to be tough one but I'm at the point where I don't have a choice. I simply have to just do it!

Rastas... Really really liking your avatar! Excellent motivation.

She does squats. :)

I showed that pic to my wife. She can't get it out of her head when she is doing squats now. I also showed her the "Butt vs. Ass comparison pics".

Back