Bio-identical T pellets vs. Cyp injections

LittleJohnny

6-Pack in Training
Hi guys. I just moved to a new area and I've had to switch to a new HRT doc. He's trying to convince me to go off injections and switch to bio-identical test pellets. (I checked IMT's website and I see that they sell them) In a nutshell, here's what he's telling me. The bio-identical pellets have less side effects than the synthetic test cyp I've been using for the last 5 years. He said I would probably need less or no AI at all, but if I do some he recommends DIM instead of the adex that I currently use. Also, supposedly I would need to do a phlebotomy less often, or maybe none at all. Lastly, he says he wants my total test level to be at a constant 1100 instead of the 700-800 I normally run at.

Anyone have thoughts on any of this?

First of all, the word 'bio-identcal" is just a bullshit marketing term. So pay no need to that.

So that just means we are comparing pellets to injections. I suggest you go on YouTube and watch the surgical procedure for pellets. There is no way I would want to do that when a perfectly safe and much cheaper option is available (injections). I am sure your doc wants you on pellets because he will make a whole lot more money putting them in you that he does for writing a script for a generic medicine.

And just something to tbink about. Farmers use pellets instead of injections for the cattle for convenience. You are not a cow.

Injections allow a much higher degree of control over fine tuning your dosage. My wife initially did pellets, and they always left a lump that lasted weeks. In one case they happened to insert the pelelts right on a nerve and it was painful to the touch for nearly 6 weeks. That was a factor in her deciding to inject like I do.

One shot a week of t-cyp, .11ml on a .3ml insulin syringe, for 22mg of t-cyp. And that's an example of the fine tuning. At 26mg a week, she had some acne. Dropped to 20mg a week for several weeks and then started bumping it back up. Essentially, she is chasing the highest dose for well-being and muscle building that she can maintain without negative side effects. You can't do that with pellets, and she experienced both highs and lows when she was on them. No thanks.

And ditto on the bio-identical. A made up term that sounds like "all natural" or "all organic" while actually being meaningless.

Thanks guys. I was hoping someone from IMT would weigh in since they sell the "bio-identical" pellets. The literature I was handed says the pellets are made from yams. I had no idea yams had testosterone in them. wtf?

Should have no defference between yams or other source for the Testo. All will be generated trough a chemical process and at the end every time is the result Testosterone and this has ONE clear defined chemical structure.
Only the method to slow down the release the Testo in the system is different. The one is crystalline the others are oily esters what is to destroy by body functions.
Don't think, it has any effect on aromastase.

Last edited:
Injections allow a much higher degree of control over fine tuning your dosage. My wife initially did pellets, and they always left a lump that lasted weeks. In one case they happened to insert the pelelts right on a nerve and it was painful to the touch for nearly 6 weeks. That was a factor in her deciding to inject like I do.

One shot a week of t-cyp, .11ml on a .3ml insulin syringe, for 22mg of t-cyp. And that's an example of the fine tuning. At 26mg a week, she had some acne. Dropped to 20mg a week for several weeks and then started bumping it back up. Essentially, she is chasing the highest dose for well-being and muscle building that she can maintain without negative side effects. You can't do that with pellets, and she experienced both highs and lows when she was on them. No thanks.

And ditto on the bio-identical. A made up term that sounds like "all natural" or "all organic" while actually being meaningless.
Your wife is on test???
Why not something a little more female friendly? ??
Var winnie or sarms putting a female on test usally not a good idea unless you want a husband
Because of the low dose she is on she would probably see better results using a normal dose of the other aas i mentioned

why on earth is your wife on test?????

Your wife is on test???
Why not something a little more female friendly? ??
Var winnie or sarms putting a female on test usally not a good idea unless you want a husband
Because of the low dose she is on she would probably see better results using a normal dose of the other aas i mentioned

Women on HRT need Testosterone too. If their bodies aren't making it they have to take it exogenously.

Women on HRT need Testosterone too. If their bodies aren't making it they have to take it exogenously.

Right thats news to me i honestly didn't know women had any testosterone how do they produce it??
I wonder how many women are on hrt ive heard of estrogen being prescribed but never test not that ive done much research into it obviously.

Thanks Mega, I should have been clear it was part of hrt. She's been on for more than 4 years. She's not my husband yet...:). When she first had labs done She sent me the results via email and called me. Knowing nothing about female levels I googled and found a chart. I still laugh, remembering what I told Her

"Honey, your levels are right in the middle of the range...for a 7 to 9 year old girl."

She knew something was off, and her doc started with pellets. Life changing. My mid-40s wife suddenly felt more like she did in her 20s. The injections just make it easier to manage. She switched to injections about two years ago.

Now she runs a cycle of Anavar on top of that twice a year. So far the only side effects of the T are: she squats and deadlifts more than she ever did, she feels great and the anxiety she had been feeling for no reason is gone, and I can't take my eyes off her hot body. We are both loving being very fit and athletic going into our 50s this year.

She doesn't have a deeper voice, she doesn't shave her face, and she doesn't pee standing up. I get the concerns, but at this dose it's nothing but good!

Back