Biochem Labs gave me Hepatitis C

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanMilligan

Hey guys,

Please read this post.

I am joining all steroid and bodybuilding forums that i can find to advise users to stay clear of Biochem Labs as i contracted Hep C from using ther gear.

Three weeks after starting my course of Biochem steroids i went to my GP feeling generally unwell, i had experienced 'gear flu' in the past and at first i thought it was that, but my symptoms got progressively worse so i decided to see my doctor.

My symptoms were as folows - severe fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea, 'brain fog' and sore joints.

Initially, i thought i had swine flu or something but the doctor said that because i didnt have a fever it wasnt that so i had my bloods tested... two weeks later i got the results that i had contracted Hepatitis - C.

After talking to a specialst about the possible ways in which i may of contracted the virus we decided to send the Biochem Steroids for laboratory analysis and the results came back positive - i had contracted it from the Biochem Steroids.

Please, if you get offered this product, just think twice about taking it. And if you are worried contact your doctor urgentley and ask him to test you.

Regards,

Ian

Wow... This should be interesting.. I am thinking a number of things but the first thing that comes to mind is, did you contact your source? If so, what did they say, and what was your response? Additionally, this (as you could imagine) is a BIG friggen deal if it is the case and you should make sure you have factual doucmentation of such.. With that, do you or can you post up some results?

I feel fo youy bro, Hep C is not something you/we take lightly..

J

Thanks for reading.

I did go back to my source, who ironically happens to be a very good friend of mine... i 100% trust him and know that he would never purposefully give me anything which would harm me. He has since gone to his source and told them and of my ill fortunes and i believe there exact words were - 'fuck em' we don't do refunds'!! and to be honest, i am very tempted to post the personal details of the main supplier(s) but i really don't think that it would be worth the trouble it would cause me. My friend has since stopped selling steroids though.

With regards to me posting my test results, i do not have them to hand but i do not see why i could not get them off my GP and put them up for you.

I just urge you guys to just be carefull, and stay away from Biochem.

SO this is pretty against the rules. you need permission from the staff to bring this sort of thing public. If it is true please provide some written proof that can BE VERIFIED please send a name and phone number for the doctor. I've never heard of the company you mentioned. this is just fearther prof that all ugl stuff needs to be sterilized. It just dumb to put somethig in our body that you have not clue weather it's safe on not. Sealed sterile vials and syringe filters are too cheap not to use. A .2 micron filter is lab sterile.

SO this is pretty against the rules. you need permission from the staff to bring this sort of thing public. If it is true please provide some written proof that can BE VERIFIED please send a name and phone number for the doctor. I've never heard of the company you mentioned. this is just fearther prof that all ugl stuff needs to be sterilized. It just dumb to put somethig in our body that you have not clue weather it's safe on not. Sealed sterile vials and syringe filters are too cheap not to use. A .2 micron filter is lab sterile.

Agreed, however the person was diagnosed with hepatitis C (a virus). The sterile filter will do nothing against viruses. To the op I am sorry to hear about your situation but thanks for taking the time to make people realize that this is a dangerous business and if one is to use aas they better consider all the factors.
Animal

Agreed, however the person was diagnosed with hepatitis C (a virus). The sterile filter will do nothing against viruses. To the op I am sorry to hear about your situation but thanks for taking the time to make people realize that this is a dangerous business and if one is to use aas they better consider all the factors.
Animal

true it would have passed through the micron filter, but as he said sterilizing the oil (by both adding in BA if deemed necessary, and by heating it in an oven) would have "killed" the hepatitis C :)

SO this is pretty against the rules. you need permission from the staff to bring this sort of thing public. If it is true please provide some written proof that can BE VERIFIED please send a name and phone number for the doctor. I've never heard of the company you mentioned. QUOTE]

+2

If there is a lab test for the given vials that states positive for Hep C, please post it.

I also have not heard of this UGL and I agree this is pretty bad.

I tried to log in using my account details but could not (don’t know why) so I created another account.

I understand your concerns for the validity of my post.

However, you could use a little decorum in the wording of your reply... I thought it best to just post this as it is a serious issue which people need to made aware of, if you wer about to take Biochem and I refused to come forward with this you would now be in the same boat as me... my aim was merely to raise awareness!!

As for your request for proof, I can fully appreciate this and I will contact my doctors surgery and request written medical proof of my claims and also request the laboratory results. As far as providing you with my doctors details (which I will not do) do you really think that he/she would discuss these issues with YOU... I think not, it’s called patient confidentiality!!

If you want to delete or disregard my post I could not care less, but you cannot say I did not try.

Your broken English for saying that I am ’dumb for putting something in my body which I do not have a clue if it is safe or not’, when you buy gear from a trusted source in a sealed vial, UG or not, you obviously take risks, but you do expect a certain level of sterility and therefore a level of safety.

I always use fresh needles and never share or reuse anything, I also always rub down the rubber bung before I pierce it.

I am sure that you can understand that my GP did not give me the results of the lab analysis as this is not standard practice but I have requested the lab reports and I am currently trying to obtain the batch number via my GP, in hindsight, this is something which I should of done before I passed it over but I did not. I will post more information as and when I get it, but please understand that I do not know how long it will take for me get the results.

Thank you.

more help please

Hey guys,

Please read this post.

I am joining all steroid and bodybuilding forums that i can find to advise users to stay clear of Biochem Labs as i contracted Hep C from using ther gear.

Three weeks after starting my course of Biochem steroids i went to my GP feeling generally unwell, i had experienced 'gear flu' in the past and at first i thought it was that, but my symptoms got progressively worse so i decided to see my doctor.

My symptoms were as folows - severe fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea, 'brain fog' and sore joints.

Initially, i thought i had swine flu or something but the doctor said that because i didnt have a fever it wasnt that so i had my bloods tested... two weeks later i got the results that i had contracted Hepatitis - C.

After talking to a specialst about the possible ways in which i may of contracted the virus we decided to send the Biochem Steroids for laboratory analysis and the results came back positive - i had contracted it from the Biochem Steroids.

Please, if you get offered this product, just think twice about taking it. And if you are worried contact your doctor urgentley and ask him to test you.

Regards,

Ian

Ian I feel for you.

It would help all of us if you could forward the lab results/letter confirming these results. After that more info on this backyard lab would also be helpful. No one needs any info about your friend thou.

Animal

This is wrong the .2 micron pore in the filter is so small it would stop the contaminant from passing thru. The process is usually followed by baking a 375 for 15 minutes cooled and repeated 3 times.

This is wrong the .2 micron pore in the filter is so small it would stop the contaminant from passing thru. The process is usually followed by baking a 375 for 15 minutes cooled and repeated 3 times.

true it would have passed through the micron filter, but as he said sterilizing the oil (by both adding in BA if deemed necessary, and by heating it in an oven) would have "killed" the hepatitis C :)

Ok here’s the micro bio lesson

Sterilization is defined as the complete killing of all living organisms. Key Word there living, virus are not living organisms.

The pore size of a .2micron filter is too large. The smallest virus is the poliovirus at 28 nanometers much much smaller than the pore size. Viruses range from 28nm to 200nm (smallpox). Prokaryotes (Bacteria) range from .1 to 50um which means most bacteria will in fact be filtered out. Also bacteria in aquatic environments do something called reductive cell division to increase cell surface to volume ratio in which case they can reach sizes smaller than .2um.

In regards, to sterility, sterility is achieved at a 121 degrees Celsius at 1.1 kg/cm^2 for 15 minutes for 500ml of solution. If you throw your vial in the oven you can certainly reach the temperature but you have to pin the vial to prevent it from bursting, the vial does not reach a pressure of 1.1kg/cm^2 and it specifications don’t allow it to. It’s not sterilization but a means of reducing bacterial count.

Also bacteria can survive at temps up to 380 degrees Celsius in thermal vents but I doubt those bacteria will be encountered in environments we live in. However, bacteria do participate in something called Transformation. This a process in which live bacteria can pick up the contents of a dead bacterial cell. How is this relevant to this? When you kill the bacteria in your vial those bacteria are now burst cells with small constituents floating in your vials. Those DNA sequences can be picked up by the live bacteria (normal flora of your skin) that may get into you when you inject/ puncture your skin. Those normal flora will then be transformed into possibly deadly bacteria. When you alcohol swab your skin it does not sterilize your skin but rather acts as a disinfectant – the killing of most but not all living organisms.

Finally, the most dangerous bacteria, anthrax and clostridium are found commonly in soil. Dirty hands can transfer this to preparation solutions. These bacteria produce spores which are much smaller than the bacterial cell and can resist alcohol, antibiotics, and high temperatures, these are a very real possibility considering their diversity and ease of contractibility (soil) and the environments many ugls operate in. So in conclusion, the oven method or syringe filters are not means of cleaning gear 100% but rather a means of prevention.

With that said, I still firmly believe that sterile filters should be used with the knowledge that they are a means of prevention. (kinda like condoms not 100% effective haha)

Animal

Animal

1.What do you suggest for syringe filters size?

2. If I vent my gear whilst its baking in the oven. Won't that defeat the purpose? I don't think the air in the oven is sterilized

Animal

1.What do you suggest for syringe filters size?

2. If I vent my gear whilst its baking in the oven. Won't that defeat the purpose? I don't think the air in the oven is sterilized

I dont think green soap sterilizes I think its a disinfectant not sure on that

1 - .22um sterile syringe filters are standard for sterilizing water based substances, thats why its a little hard to use them on oil based gear but they work.

2- Thats what I was getting at the common person does not have the materials to achieve sterilization. There are methods (heating, adding ba, and using filters) to try and achieve sterility but these methods are more precautionary uses, Your oven like I said will reduce the bacteria count from the high temp but by lab standards it will not be considered sterilized.

In addition I forgot to mention. If you are sure your gear is dirty I wouldn't use it even if you run it through a filter. This is because what gets you sick often from bacteria is their toxins or by products they produce. These toxins and by products can often remain stable at temperatures higher than what conventional kitchen ovens can achieve. So even if you kill the microbes their products can remain active in your gear.

The point of my post was to encourage the use of syringe filters as a means of precaution rather than assuming that if some gear is giving you infections you can just run it through a syringe filter and you will be fine, not true. Also its commonly believed that ba will kill anything that is not true either. BA prevents the growth of organisms does not kill most organisms. BA can be tolerated esp at the concentration found in gear by many microbes. There are common methods used to achieve the reduction of growth among microbes, many food are preserved by introducing high concentrations of salt or sugar in the solution to prevent growth of microbes (ex can of beans high in salt) but even they can become contaminated eventually. ba slows growth and may kill certain microbes but it does not kill all microbes.

Animal

thanks Animal

Animal,

Bro your reply should be sticky. There is so much ignorance about this topic and just check out any board and you'll see what I mean.

Ian where is the follow up?

Are these procedures everyone does with UGL's?

Animal,

Bro your reply should be sticky. There is so much ignorance about this topic and just check out any board and you'll see what I mean.

Ian where is the follow up?

No most people don't, you should trust your lab enough and research it enough to know that they aren't giving you dirty gear. But you can't go wrong with running it the proper way through a sterile syringe filter to be on the safe side.

No problem man, I know what you mean. I was looking up how to properly use the syringe filter without contaminating the gear awhile back and I came across a thread on another board where someone was talking about how they may have an infection and if they should continue to use the gear or clean it etc. Someone went on to say pin it and throw it in your microwave it' ll sterilize the gear. I don't know where people come up with this stuff but my labs here at school wouldn't be spending thousands of dollars on autoclaves if you can sterilize something in the microwave.

I am curious for a follow up by Ian. I am not doubting him because this doesn't seem like a case where someone is trying to sabotage a big lab (never even heard of this lab) But I would def like to hear more details and proof that they in fact determined it was from the gear.

Animal

What a load of bull, hep c is only contracted through sharing of a needle or blood contact,ino that these labs use the correct filters and its made 2 the highest standards.

What a load of bull, hep c is only contracted through sharing of a needle or blood contact,ino that these labs use the correct filters and its made 2 the highest standards.

Now this is BS!! Blood contact??? WRONG bro. Do I really have to google this and prove you wrong?? As a matter of fact...you google it and prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back