Blood pressure precautions

Ifrit

I have been feeling hot all day and my hands have been feeling "pumped" for the lack of a better word. I have been taking 250mgs a week of test for two weeks now with my EQ. I believe I read hawthorne berry helps with blood pressure. Anything else I can take besides drinking alot of water and watching my sodium intake?

I take cranberry supplement which helps a bit. I heard doing lots of cardio helps but don't quote me on that one.

go to the local pharmacy and stick a quarter in one of the blood pressure machines and get it checked. Don't let it go unchecked for too long. Watch the caffine intake.

I don't remember the lower number, it was on track though I remember that. I was just so shocked that I pulled a 145, I'm only 24. I did just finish my cycle like two days ago though. I want to say the diastolic was like 70 something. I could barely fit my arm in that thing though, maybe that has something to do with it, probably not I'm just hoping.

Go buy a monitor from your local pharmacy chain, it cost like $20 and is worth it for the paranoia.

last time I checked mine it was 140/70 and now I am 4 weeks into my cycle and I have not checked it in a couple of weeks but I am starting to get headaches I dk if it could be because my blood pressure is high or just from school. but I def gotta get mine checked again hu

My regular average BP for the last 6 months was 137/65. Now it's up a bit to 147/69. I do notice it goes down if I go heavy on cardio for a while. If I skip cardio alot it goes up.

necro96080 said:
I don't remember the lower number, it was on track though I remember that. I was just so shocked that I pulled a 145, I'm only 24. I did just finish my cycle like two days ago though. I want to say the diastolic was like 70 something. I could barely fit my arm in that thing though, maybe that has something to do with it, probably not I'm just hoping.
That is a pretty good number but the 145 is a little on the high side. However, after your cycle is done I'm sure it will subside. Also, I don't know how accurate those machines are but I would get a BP monitor like someone mentioned or if you are like me I just go to health services at school and have them take it for me periodically.

What is a good BP med for BBers?

Beta blockers keep the HR down and would worry that not enough cardiac output during heavy lifting could cause a black out or light headed feeling. I was thinking of an ACE inhibitor instead. Any thoughts?

twoman2000 said:
Mine is 147/98, beat that. Take Niacin, very good o0n hdl levels, not sure about blood pressure

First off, Niacin does not effect BP.

Secondly, you need to get your BP down, that is not a healthy reading and you can imagine just how high it goes when you're lifting.

A word of caution about blood pressure readings. If you are using an arm cuff made for the average guy, the cuff is too small and will artificially elevate systollic BP readings. The average size cuff is good for arms measuring 9"-13" relaxed, which is too small for most of the guys here. Insist that your doctor use the large cuff for a more accurate reading.

Better still, buy a machine that measures using a wrist cuff. Bodybuilders' wrists aren't all that significantly different from average wrist sizes, and don't change in size while on cycle.

BP should be checked regularly while on cycle as it is critical. I take my BP first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking and after a piss. This gives me a consistent basis to compare.

Oh yeah, cardio will definitely help to improve BP readings - do some!

Back