blood test.

djc109

Got my blood test back. The only thing on it pertaining to testosterone is total 313 (241-827) range I don't know if I need to ask for additional test or what. Any help or advice would be great thanks. Also is my test low enough.

Got my blood test back. The only thing on it pertaining to testosterone is total 313 (241-827) range I don't know if I need to ask for additional test or what. Any help or advice would be great thanks. Also is my test low enough.

Whats your age? Secondly, how do you feel?? Feeling bad, etc.??

depends on your doc really. Thats on the low side, which could be construed as low, but, it also falls into the normal range, even though its low, and most docs that i know are too scared to offer testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) options unless you fall well outside of normal.

I feel like crap. I'm 37 good diet workout 4-5 days a week zero Libido. Have been complaining to my doctor about it for awhile. She is a good doctor listens and will take suggestions. Im not sure how this will work have an appointment week from Thursday to figure out our next course of action. My point was I look on here and see all kinds of test relating to testosterone and what not my test just had total testosterone level.

I feel like crap. I'm 37 good diet workout 4-5 days a week zero Libido. Have been complaining to my doctor about it for awhile. She is a good doctor listens and will take suggestions. Im not sure how this will work have an appointment week from Thursday to figure out our next course of action. My point was I look on here and see all kinds of test relating to testosterone and what not my test just had total testosterone level.

No doctor will know your body like you do. Period. I agree with RJ, to a doctor that is in their "range" so most likely they will not want to do much for you. However, since you stated your doctor is a good doctor, hopefully she listens and helps you out. Keep us updated.

You might be better off spending a little coin and having labcorp do your tests. There's a great sticky on the site about getting bloodwork done cheap. This way you can get your test done for everything you need and you get the results emailed to you (usually the next day). Good luck and I hope you stick around and use the site and especially this forum. There's a lot of experience here and people are not afraid to share their knowledge and experience. Oh, and one last thing: Ballsack!

Last edited:
If you are thinking about starting a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) protocol, get a complete profile including...

Total Test
Free Test
FSH
LH
Thyroxine
T3 Uptake
Free Thyroxine Index
IGF
Estrogen
Prolactin
SHBG
PSA

Regards.

Thanks guys. I have been lurking around for awhile. Trying to figure out which way I want to take my situation. I have already learned so much. Thanks cash that's exactly what I was looking for. I used to be a guy everyone wanted to be around and now I just feel like a shell of my former self no energy and depressed. The libido is completely gone.

What's IGF?

Insulin-like-growth factor is a measure of GH levels in the blood. B/c GH has a very very short half life in the blood it is difficult to test GH directly so over the years many indirect GH metrics have been established to approximate one's blood level of GH. IGF is one of the most commonly used measures.

As part of my HRT, I wanted to assess the GH levels in my blood to determine if GH replacement was an option for me.

Regards.

Back