Bloodtest Liver Values Extremely High - Oral DBol and Anavar

testking

So I started my first cycle 2 weeks ago (ie I just finished my 2nd week):

I'm taking

500mg of Test E a week (injections on Sunday and Thursday).
38mg of Dianabol a day (13mg, 3 times a day)
40mg Anavar (20mg morning, 10mg afternoon, 10mg evening)

Also taking Finasteride for 4 years (for hairloss) and have been taking 0.5mg of Arimidex every other days while on the gear.

I'm also taking Tudca and NOW Liver Detoxifier since I started (was paranoid about staying healthy on cycle), as well as multivitamins, omega 3's etc.

I'm strength training 4-5 times a week and doing light cardio 4-5 times a week. My diet is relatively clean (in that I eat whole foods and no processed crap). I'm 31 years old, been training seriously for about 5 years but have been involved in sports all my life.

I had a blood test for something unrelated yesterday (note that my liver values in 2013 were normal), and results for my ALT was 665 (should be less than 60) and AST was 206 (should be less than 35). My Albumin and Bilirubin were in normal range.

Are these values normal for oral Dbol? I don't drink alcohol so I know that's unrelated. I was hoping the Tudca and Liver detoxifier would prevent liver issues, but with these numbers I'm thinking I should probably discontinue the Dbol.

My doctor ordered further tests to see if anything is up (I didn't tell him about the gear).

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this? Is this normal?

Last edited:
Judging by the sound of these replies, I guess this isn't normal. Thanks for your advice. Will discontinue the dbol and anavar and stay on the liver detox and tudca. If anyone has any person experience like this, please let me know.

My last bloods were at the end of 2013. Everything was normal.

Last edited:
Get some further bloodwork in 2 to 4 weeks and see if the values are within range.
Let us know what the results are.

I dont know what is in the NOW Liver detox but you should be getting 1200mgs NAC/day and 250 mgs UDCA/day to treat this. Drop the Orals. On cycle you should be taking 1200mgs NAC for prevention so this dosent happen.

This is the NOW liver detox nowfoods.com/Liver-Detoxifier-and-Regenerator-90-capsules.htm I'll drop the orals, and keep taking the liver support and I'll see if I can get another blood test done next week or the week after (live in Canada so need a doctor's requisition). Thanks for your suggestions.

Thank God you're not drinking alcohol on top of that!!!

Drop the orals and keep us posted.

Your anvar maybe fake also. It is the most faked oral and labs will substitute dbol in its place. If that's the case here you were taking yo much dbol.

Like JimiThing said you shoukd be on NAC and many of us use luv.52 also. Both of these will keep your liver values in check. When your liver values are high UDCA is used to lower them.

I heard inositol & choline 3000mg and L-Methionine 1500mg was good. Anybody use this for liver support on cycle? Even post cycle at half that dose?

You received some solid advice. I only have one thing to add. If after stopping the oral AAS and continuing on LIVER detox stuff with NAC, and your values do not come back to normal, stop the NAC and other LIVER detox stuff. The supplement industry is completely unregulated and I have gotten a bad batch of NAC in the past. Gave me symptoms that even affected my vision. Stop everything except your injectables for another month, then get blood retested.

2 weeks lol its not the dbol or anavar stop taking so much shit those doses are baby doses drink plenty water and pine apple juice. Something else your taking is causing that shit, do you take meds? Is your pissed clear when you pee?

NAC NAC NAC. Buddy, if it doesn't improve quicky, get to the doctor. Don't play with your health. I'm sure you'll be fine after dropping orals and adding nac. However, head to the doc if it doesn't improve. I'd go in weekly to make sure I'm seeing a downward trend in elevated liver values.

Last edited:
2 weeks lol its not the dbol or anavar stop taking so much shit those doses are baby doses drink plenty water and pine apple juice. Something else your taking is causing that shit, do you take meds? Is your pissed clear when you pee?

I've stopped taking the Finasteride as well since I just realized that it appears that it's liver toxic too (have a legit prescription for this for hair loss). I never heard about that side effect from that drug before until now.

My piss was a dark yellow when I had my initial test. I attributed that to my multivitamins and didn't even consider the orals because those always turn my piss a bright yellow, though this time it wasn't so neon. Since stopping the DBOL and Finasteride for 2 days, my piss is already back to clear/colourless. Thanks for your advice everyone. I'll see if I can get new bloods done later this week or early next week.

One last point to add, I was using the old school Jack3d pre-workout with the DMAA (I stocked up before it was discontinued). Just learned that's liver toxic as well. I stopped that as well.

Last edited:
Got my bloods re-done 9 days after stopping the Finasteride, the DBol, Anavar, and pre-workouts containing DMAA. My ALT dropped from 665 to 119 (reference range is <60), and my AST droppped from 206 to 36 (reference range is <35). These are significant drops from what they were 9 days ago, though still above normal. An interesting point is my Alkaline Phosphatase dropped a bit to 44 from 47 on my last test (reference range is 48-138). Not sure why that could be. Low values of this seem to be from malnutrition, though I'm not sure how that's possible.

I've been taking the liver support (TUDCA 750mg to 1g daily, as well as the NOW liver detoxifier). Also cleaned up my diet significantly by drinking disgusting veggie smoothies of a whole whack load of "liver detoxifying foods" (found on those hippydippy naturopath vegan bullshit websites), daily. I continued pinning 250mg Test E twice a week (500mg for the week).

I will probably be testing again in a week or two, continuing the TUDCA, Liver support, and disgusting smoothies. If anyone cares what my results are, I can post them again.

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. I'm happy with the progress so far, and hope both these values keep declining. The next time I try DBOL, I'll probably only try 25mg a day (1 pill a day - split into 12.5mg morning and 12.5mg afternoon), to see if that is the main culprit here, though, I'm suspecting it's probably the DMAA/Finasteride (which I've discontinued and will probably never touch again).

I should also mention that due to this, I was tested for Hepatitis A, B and C, as well as HIV, and all those came back negative.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update bro. You are being smart and proactive. We all go into this with different genetic backgrounds and susceptibilities. I was prone to hair loss, and AAS killed my hairline, but I dont much care about that any longer. My liver values never change, even with high orals and occasional drinking. So luckily my genetics are strong on this end. But who knows what other weaknesses are lurking in my genome!

Your anvar maybe fake also. It is the most faked oral and labs will substitute dbol in its place. If that's the case here you were taking yo much dbol.

Like JimiThing said you shoukd be on NAC and many of us use luv.52 also. Both of these will keep your liver values in check. When your liver values are high UDCA is used to lower them.

actually putting winny in place of var is even more popular.

Yes OP I would drop the orals and get atleast NAC (RUI has it) and drink lots of water. try just one oral next time if bloods are ok and see how you do, but watch closely

Back