Bloodwork and AAS?

Dlove

Product of Test
Just curious what you guys get checked when you get bloodwork done? Im not sure it's related to my last cycle but for some reason my circulation has been off in the past month or so. Ive been off cycle for three months and had planned on starting up again tommorow but Im a little worried about this.
Anybody had this problem and or know what it could be related to? My last cyle was my 2nd and it was anadrol at 50mg 1-5 and test 500mg's 1-10.

Thanx

Dlove said:
Just curious what you guys get checked when you get bloodwork done? Im not sure it's related to my last cycle but for some reason my circulation has been off in the past month or so. Ive been off cycle for three months and had planned on starting up again tommorow but Im a little worried about this.
Anybody had this problem and or know what it could be related to? My last cyle was my 2nd and it was anadrol at 50mg 1-5 and test 500mg's 1-10.

Thanx
What do you mean "circulation"?
Main things to check: HDL and LDL. Then liver and kidney functions while on cycle.

What's LDL? Im gonna get my liver and kidney checked this week. Then again when Im on.

What I mean about my circulation is my arms and helps get soredof tingly and real white and light purpilish. I get white speckles on my arms as well like signs of anemia. I can't imagine that I have that though. My father has always had this problem too.

LDL is the bad cholesterol, high levels of this can help lead to heart disease.

You want a high ratio of HDL to LDL.

Get a typical Lipid profile done and this should be included.

DirkMoneyshot said:
LDL is the bad cholesterol, high levels of this can help lead to heart disease.

You want a high ratio of HDL to LDL.

Get a typical Lipid profile done and this should be included.

Dirk......I think you meant a "low ratio" of HDL to LDL

HDL should be your main comcern, if you have low levels of it, then there is nothing to stop plaque from depositing in your arteries.

The first time I did Test Enan my arms would "fall asleep" daily. I would get chills as well. Not sure if it was indeed the Test, but several other Bros have had the same sides from different compounds when first using them.

StoneColdNTO said:
Dirk......I think you meant a "low ratio" of HDL to LDL.
No, a higher ratio for HDL:LDL is better. However, the ratio is usually done as LDL:HDL, in which case a lower ratio is better.

Dlove: I would recommend you simply see a physician and describe your problem to them, even if you don't mention your Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use.

Especially with your symptoms, I believe it would be proper to run both a CBC (Complete Blood Count... includes things like White blood cell count) and a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (includes proteins, electrolytes, kidney tests, a few liver tests...). These two blood tests are very common and are often much more inexpensive than the other blood tests.

if your on cycle and your bloodwork comes back fucked up what do you / should you tell the doctor ? i am going for bloodwork next week !

mranak said:
No, a higher ratio for HDL:LDL is better. However, the ratio is usually done as LDL:HDL, in which case a lower ratio is better.

Yes.........:D

I missed the HDL:LDL vs LDL:HDL

Up here in Canada, it's usually Total Cholesterol:HDL ratio they look at.

mranak said:
Dlove: I would recommend you simply see a physician and describe your problem to them, even if you don't mention your Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use.

Especially with your symptoms, I believe it would be proper to run both a CBC (Complete Blood Count... includes things like White blood cell count) and a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (includes proteins, electrolytes, kidney tests, a few liver tests...). These two blood tests are very common and are often much more inexpensive than the other blood tests.

Thank's guys I called the doc this morning and asked them to get an order for white blood cell and red as well as a kidney and liver check. I should have asked about the HDL and LDL that you guy's are talkin about.
Im glad you all responded back Im gonna call and ask for this CBC and CMA your talkin about. Might as well get the complete check-up.

Oh, yeah Spartie I also got the chills last cycle I thought maybe it was from the drol I ran that with my enanthate. My arms didn't fall asleep. I kinda liked the chills though sounds weird but it's euphoric like.

On a standard lipid panel it should include LDL, HDL, trigycerides, and total cholesterol:HDL ratio. I have never seen a HDL:LDL ratio on a lab report.

Optimally you will want your HDL to be over 50 and your LDL as low as possible.

The LDL:HDL ratio is more important then the Total cholesterol: HDL ratio

Just divide your LDL / HDL to come up with the numbers.

Hope that clears up any confusion on my post. Thanks Mranak for helping with my post.

Last edited:
DirkMoneyshot, what "risk" are you talking about. If it is the risk of cardiovascular disease there are much more important factors than Cholesterol levels. I would look at CRP and homocysteine levels and the size of the lipoprotein molecules.

Also I was wondering where you got your ratio's and related risks at? IMHO if you are over 5.0 then you are atleast at a moderate risk if not high risk if you are talking about cardiovascular disease and I would suggest some type of therapy to reduce the ratio and possibly some advanced testing.

Yes i'm talking about cardiovascular disease - And no where did i say that this is the end all be all of factors. This was posted in relation to his question on what LDL was.

Also i believe your right in i posted something different then what i wanted to: Thanks

I was just wondering where you got the ratio's from, IMO they are a little high and I have never read anything that talks about HDL:LDL ratio. So if it was a recent article I would like to read it.

Back