body part : once or twice a week?

3dmuscle

I am always confused by this. I see some people that work body parts twice a week (like 3 days on and 1 day off) and people that do only one muscle per week. My goal is to gain weight, so I was wondering which way I would probably get the most of it.

I started the 5x5 routine from needsize that is one body part a week, but before I was working one muscle twice aweek and made some good gains. Will I gain more if only do one muscle a week?

thanks guys

3dmuscle

I like once a week per body part. I have done a routine in the past where I will hit 1 body part twice a week and all others once.
ex.
1. chest/tri
2.back/bi
3.delts/traps
4.off
5.legs
6.chest/tri
7.off
starting the next week with delts/traps
This routine was ok but I prefer 1 body part a day 6 days a week routine I have been doing now.

I would have to say One body part per day, it really doesn't matter... I believe all you do in the long run from doubling up body parts is burn your body out, and strip you from lifting at your best when you work a specific BP.

Thats my take.

Once a week does it for me. That seems to be how I make my best gains when I'm trying to put on size. Plus, I go as heavy and hard as I can when I train, so I'm usually too sore to do the bodypart again until the following week!:)

Frequency

I alternate periods of frequency...from once a week to once every 5 days...currently I am hitting each bp once every 5 days..this split seems to work well for me I am doing now.

Stroyer

Just my $.02 but if what you are already doing is giving you the results you want -- DONT Change it up. The whole point of mixing up routines is to shock your body into growing/getting stronger again.

IF IT ANI'T BROKE THEN DONT TRY TO FIX IT

Bprts

I personally am now training ea bp once every 5-6 days, that seems to be what works best for me personally..

Always listen to your body, dont but into others workouts only do what works for you no matter how diff it may be...

Stroyer

Back