Bodybuilders dying young, what's your take on it??

these pro level guys have to pump a ton of compounds in their system to be at that level.. of course there are going to be side effects!!!

The biggest ones die the fastest too. Kovacks and Nasser come to mind. Probably running upwards of 5 grams of active hormone plus a bunch of other goodies. The brightest flames burn out the fastest and the biggest bodybuilders seem to die the youngest.

The biggest ones die the fastest too. Kovacks and Nasser come to mind. Probably running upwards of 5 grams of active hormone plus a bunch of other goodies. The brightest flames burn out the fastest and the biggest bodybuilders seem to die the youngest.

Big men have more health issues in general. :(

It's silly that the heart and joints weren't designed for us (as Charlie calls us) pituitary freaks. Add mass onto that, and as you put it - we just burn out faster. :p

I think it's really important for all of us to get full body screens often and early before considering AAS.
What do you mean "full body screens"? I have seen you mention this in a similar thread.
I had to bitch and complain to my doctor about headaches for 2 years before they finally ordered an MRI for my brain to make sure it's not a tumor and I have really good insurance. How in the hell do you get a full body scan?

Big men have more health issues in general. :(

It's silly that the heart and joints weren't designed for us (as Charlie calls us) pituitary freaks. Add mass onto that, and as you put it - we just burn out faster. :p
I haven't been here in a while but I think you said you're like 6'8" or something and now I feel glad being a 5'7" manlet for once lol.

What do you mean "full body screens"? I have seen you mention this in a similar thread.
I had to bitch and complain to my doctor about headaches for 2 years before they finally ordered an MRI for my brain to make sure it's not a tumor and I have really good insurance. How in the hell do you get a full body scan?

So how.did your.scan turn out

You're spot on. I was talking to a gentleman that took first in his state back in the 70's, and he became pretty good friends with the powerhouse guys and a lot of names many of us recognize.

I asked him what he thought eventually caused these guys to leave the game, and he flat out told me it's the pain drugs used to push through. Liver and kidney failure are pretty much a given he was telling me - it's just always been a matter of time.

I had never really thought about it as I just have become so used to pain from injuries over the years, but if your livelihood depends on physical performance, I can totally see doing what it takes to keep pushing at 300%.

Didnt Tom Price has a big problem with pain meds? Causing his kindeys to fail and untimately forced him to stop?

Alot of uneducated people especially the media is too quick to blame steroids for ones death if that person is taking them. What people dont realize is what else these guys use to just function. Im talking about rec drugs. Like the Prince, Titus era. There was a lot of guys then abusing their bodies just to get the muscle. A lot of rec drug use then. Not sure how much of that goes on now but Im sure lots goes on behind closed doors no one will ever know about.

sounds like you need a new doctor or better insurance. mine ordered a brain MRI as soon as he saw I was hypogonadal and is open to exploring from the brain all the way down through the hpta system with scans to see if I have tumors or anything else. my doctor is great, basically orders whatever I sound concerned about and my insurance covers everything past about $500/year out of pocket 100% so I reach that out of pocket just on my doctor visits for trt/prescriptions etc...

sounds like you need a new doctor or better insurance. mine ordered a brain MRI as soon as he saw I was hypogonadal and is open to exploring from the brain all the way down through the hpta system with scans to see if I have tumors or anything else. my doctor is great, basically orders whatever I sound concerned about and my insurance covers everything past about $500/year out of pocket 100% so I reach that out of pocket just on my doctor visits for trt/prescriptions etc...
But when you say full body scans, like can you elaborate what you mean? Like in the MRI machine?
I remember that when I got my brain scan, that took 35 min of hearing non stop CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK noise from the MRI machine. And that 35 min was just my brain...not even my whole head just the top half. I can just imagine how long your entire body would take. And your doctor examines all those slides too? Like wow. Because I remember also from my brain, they have to take 50+ pictures from different depths to fully examine what their looking.....once again that was just my brain. I can just imagine the entire body

I hate MRIs. I have gotten stuck twice in those goddamn machines. Could they make them bigger, and just increase field intensity? Of course! But nooooooooooo, it's so much cheaper to force us big bastards into a giant plastic birth canal and hope for the best. :mad:

Sorry lol, just was having flashbacks of CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK while fighting claustrophobia because my chest and shoulders are crushed up against the walls. :(

Last time I had to get an MRI done I went to a place that did "open" MRI's. It was like laying between two giant disks. Still kinda sucks but way better for a big guy. You might want to shop for one of those next time.

i'm referring to a full body CT scan. seems to be a good way to detect tumors/growths etc...

Computed Tomography (CT) Scans and Cancer Fact Sheet - National Cancer Institute

"How is CT used in cancer?

CT is used in cancer in many different ways:

To detect abnormal growths
To help diagnose the presence of a tumor
To provide information about the stage of a cancer
To determine exactly where to perform (i.e., guide) a biopsy procedure
To guide certain local treatments, such as cryotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, and the implantation of radioactive seeds
To help plan external-beam radiation therapy or surgery
To determine whether a cancer is responding to treatment
To detect recurrence of a tumor"

I hate MRIs. I have gotten stuck twice in those goddamn machines. Could they make them bigger, and just increase field intensity? Of course! But nooooooooooo, it's so much cheaper to force us big bastards into a giant plastic birth canal and hope for the best. :mad:

Sorry lol, just was having flashbacks of CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK while fighting claustrophobia because my chest and shoulders are crushed up against the walls. :(

Fun fact: The entire room with the cost of the MRI Machine cost on the average of 750k. I remember the tech was telling me that he is getting two investors to open up a private imaging center.

But I feel you, I am a midget at 5'8 and am claustrophobic as hell in there...I can just imagine you with a foot taller...

i'm referring to a full body CT scan. seems to be a good way to detect tumors/growths etc...

Computed Tomography (CT) Scans and Cancer Fact Sheet - National Cancer Institute

"How is CT used in cancer?

CT is used in cancer in many different ways:

To detect abnormal growths
To help diagnose the presence of a tumor
To provide information about the stage of a cancer
To determine exactly where to perform (i.e., guide) a biopsy procedure
To guide certain local treatments, such as cryotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, and the implantation of radioactive seeds
To help plan external-beam radiation therapy or surgery
To determine whether a cancer is responding to treatment
To detect recurrence of a tumor"

Ahhh a CT scan.....much different than MRI and way faster too. The funny thing about detecting cancer with CT machine is, those things release so much radiation that most doctors do not order tests with CT scans and are all instead turning to MRI's. Like me, I had MRI done on my brain, when back in the 90's almost all tumors were diagnosed with CT's. CT scans are mainly used in the ER since they scan much faster and show results faster as well. For example the only time I had a CT scan was when I checked into the ER at 2:30am one time and was diagnosed with appendicitis. But there are a few things the MRI can't see that only the CT can. But overall I heard a CT releases a shit ton of radiation.

Last edited:
Last time I had to get an MRI done I went to a place that did "open" MRI's. It was like laying between two giant disks. Still kinda sucks but way better for a big guy. You might want to shop for one of those next time.
I'm actually wondering if you had a CT scan instead of an MRI? I have had a CT scan done, and it was similar to the device you describe. I'm DEFINITELY all for an alternative though. I have a great deal of self control, but I literally broke the hand rail on the side of the MRI the last time I went as I started to lose my cool 40 minutes in; squeezing the bugger to let out frustration.

Fun fact: The entire room with the cost of the MRI Machine cost on the average of 750k. I remember the tech was telling me that he is getting two investors to open up a private imaging center.

But I feel you, I am a midget at 5'8 and am claustrophobic as hell in there...I can just imagine you with a foot taller...
Hmm, I swore the new Philips line was in the millions as far as cost went. That figure seems awfully cheap given how few imaging centers there are, and I live in a million plus population area. Not a bad business venture though: "BIG MAN MRI SERVICE" hohohohohoho.

imaging peeps I'm friends with have 3 mil in equipment, the computers and gasses all housed in a refrigerated room to keep the comps from overheating and the gasses from decomposing.. the inside of that place looks like something from star trek, place didn't start making money for almost 6 years due to cost

i agree with you totally man... new doc... one visit maybe 2 about heach ach that doesnt stop and you better believe im getting a scan. they work FOR US, not the other way around...

Back