Bodybuilders dying young, what's your take on it??

inhaus

so there are a whole lot of young dead bodybuilders. what is your take on why this is happening and how we can prevent it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0o6dySlkVM

a lot of them seem to have cancer/tumors, IMO I don't think it's from AAS, but I do think that the AAS made it grow like crazy and kill them young before they even knew anything was wrong. I think it's really important for all of us to get full body screens often and early before considering AAS.

any other thoughts? I know many of them have heart attacks as well but there are so many stimulants people take these days it could have been a pre workout who knows?

It's like anything else... when done properly, there will not be an issue...

The exception is the person who already has a medical issue, like heart problems.

Also like the roid rage...

You put an asshole on steroids - you have an asshole on steroids = roid rage.

You put a nice guy on steroids - you still have a nice guy on steroids.

Although some things do have a big impact on your hormones... from my experience - the impact
will be more of a symptom of depression...

And if it does turn into a type of rage... there is most likely an underlining issue to the person
with or without the steroids.

But I'm not a doctor... those are just my thoughts.

Wait till the Bostin Loyd generation starts to drop.

I agree, bostin will almost definitely have early heart failure IMO. He uses far too many compounds that put stress on the heart and is now on a dreamer bulk at 270lbs and trying to go as big as possible..

11933413_1195544790471739_3933870492916680822_n.jpg

It's like anything else... when done properly, there will not be an issue...

care to elaborate? my goal here is to get an idea of WHAT exactly is doing it "improperly." Are we just saying don't do too much and hope for the best? or are there specific compounds to stay away from?

I think it's more dose and duration dependant. like most things if practiced in moderation and responsibly it's ok. Genetic predisposition is also a key factor

care to elaborate? my goal here is to get an idea of WHAT exactly is doing it "improperly." Are we just saying don't do too much and hope for the best? or are there specific compounds to stay away from?

When I first started with this madness back in the 80s I was given 10 ampules of test and told to use one each week. I ate and trained like crazy and made the best gains of my life. That's on one CC a week for 10 weeks. That's it.

Today, beginners are told to do at least 600mgs of test, with a front load or dbol kickstart. That's for a first cycle. It only goes up from there.

Fast forward to a few years ago when not on any gear, not training, and just getting fat. I ended up with a free ambulance ride to the ER with supraventricular tachycardia. My dr was more than happy to prescribe me even more meds than I was already on. That's when I decided to take my health matters into my own hand. I lost the weight by following a low carb Paleo type of diet and easy walking, hiking and lifting weights. After dropping the weight I was off of all meds and decided to start cycling again. I did a basic cycle of 200mgs of test a week. I continued losing weight and watched as my blood pressure and cholesterol went down and my HDLs went up. All while on NO MEDS at all.

I did some blast cycles but always get blood work done and take breaks in between the blast and do standard blast and cruise. My cruise is 125mg Test E/C a week, not like these guys who cruise on 300mg and add a little deca, EQ, Var, Proviron etc. So dose and duration is the problem. Not to mention stimulants, pain killers, recreational drugs, force feeding to get bigger.

My blast is about 1200mg a week total and that is precontest only. New guys start at 1000mg of test and move up from there and add in so many other drugs they are up to 3-5grams a week.

Also the gear used has an effect. I use Tren precontest only. A lot of guys are bulking with tren, cutting with tren, adding tren to the cruise. Think about it!

Bottom line. It's the individuals health and decision. I'm in my 50 and compete and feel healthier now than ever before. I get blood work done at least 4 times a year and during a blast realize that some number will be out of range and so far everything has returned to normal and that is a risk I am willing to take.

these pro level guys have to pump a ton of compounds in their system to be at that level.. of course there are going to be side effects!!!

I'm not going to say there aren't risks inherent with AAS, but Baitollah had vasculitis. This is NOT caused by AAS, but instead either an immunosuppressive disease or something VERY common, but often overlooked like hepatitis C.

Having a venous condition combined with AAS however, probably didn't help. I agree, it's very important to know what shape we're in internally to maintain our health.

My .02c :)

Thanks for the comprehensive response, this is what I was looking for and very much appreciated. I am hypothesizing that honestly a lot of the heart issues may be due to the fact that these guys are on so much drugs they feel like they can eat shit and still look good and that is exactly what they might be doing, but your heart might not give a shit what you look like. To some extent I think this to be the case, obviously the anabolics aren't helping the heart sitch, but I feel that a thorough screening for tumors/cancer regularly and eating MORE clean on than you would normally off can result in a long term healthy life.

Thanks for the comprehensive response, this is what I was looking for and very much appreciated. I am hypothesizing that honestly a lot of the heart issues may be due to the fact that these guys are on so much drugs they feel like they can eat shit and still look good and that is exactly what they might be doing, but your heart might not give a shit what you look like. To some extent I think this to be the case, obviously the anabolics aren't helping the heart sitch, but I feel that a thorough screening for tumors/cancer regularly and eating MORE clean on than you would normally off can result in a long term healthy life.

Oh absolutely. Heart disease is the number ONE killer in the world. Taking all the steps possible to prevent it from being an issue is responsible AAS use. Of course, listening to your body is also vitally important.

The Cancer/Tumors are probably more linked to extremely high doses of GH, rather than Test. Growth hormone, especially at high doses, will absolutely make the tumors grow exponentially. As far as getting Cancer from AAS use, or Growth Hormone use, that's probably genetic pre-dis**********

When I first started with this madness back in the 80s I was given 10 ampules of test and told to use one each week. I ate and trained like crazy and made the best gains of my life. That's on one CC a week for 10 weeks. That's it.

Today, beginners are told to do at least 600mgs of test, with a front load or dbol kickstart. That's for a first cycle. It only goes up from there.

Fast forward to a few years ago when not on any gear, not training, and just getting fat. I ended up with a free ambulance ride to the ER with supraventricular tachycardia. My dr was more than happy to prescribe me even more meds than I was already on. That's when I decided to take my health matters into my own hand. I lost the weight by following a low carb Paleo type of diet and easy walking, hiking and lifting weights. After dropping the weight I was off of all meds and decided to start cycling again. I did a basic cycle of 200mgs of test a week. I continued losing weight and watched as my blood pressure and cholesterol went down and my HDLs went up. All while on NO MEDS at all.

I did some blast cycles but always get blood work done and take breaks in between the blast and do standard blast and cruise. My cruise is 125mg Test E/C a week, not like these guys who cruise on 300mg and add a little deca, EQ, Var, Proviron etc. So dose and duration is the problem. Not to mention stimulants, pain killers, recreational drugs, force feeding to get bigger.

My blast is about 1200mg a week total and that is precontest only. New guys start at 1000mg of test and move up from there and add in so many other drugs they are up to 3-5grams a week.

Also the gear used has an effect. I use Tren precontest only. A lot of guys are bulking with tren, cutting with tren, adding tren to the cruise. Think about it!

Bottom line. It's the individuals health and decision. I'm in my 50 and compete and feel healthier now than ever before. I get blood work done at least 4 times a year and during a blast realize that some number will be out of range and so far everything has returned to normal and that is a risk I am willing to take.

Pretty much my 2c too. I'm still running just fine @ 500mg. It's steroid abuse with no correct knowledge on how to run these compounds.

I agree with most of what's said above. However, I don't think we have any anecdotal evidence that would suggest Tren is part of this problem. I agree the stuff is wildly abused and very strong, but tying it directly to BB deaths is probably aggressive. Certainly, gear volume, complete avoidance of breaks, pain killers, slin, mountains of Gh, etc. But I would argue any one of those things taken in responsible moderation with recovery breaks, and you wouldn't have any deaths that weren't the result of a bodily defect. My .02

Yeah you guys pretty much said it but just to reiterate... Pros are on heavy cycles for a year or three and run lots of Slin and use drugs like DNP and clen to cut fat and lets face it, if they are injured and need to keep pushing they are taking the painkillers. These are the good painkillers, that you wind up keep taking cause they are addictive. Plus when the painkiller wears off the pain comes back cause they are pushing past their limits. So they keep taking them.
Also add to this recreational drugs. Coke. Very popular stuff and there is a line being pushed in their face pretty often.

If you wanna live long. Think smart. Stay away from the bullshit. Do conservative cycles. Eat really healthy and take your vitamins. Oh and Get lots of sleep and sex..... Dr. Oz just said so.

Yeah you guys pretty much said it but just to reiterate... Pros are on heavy cycles for a year or three and run lots of Slin and use drugs like DNP and clen to cut fat and lets face it, if they are injured and need to keep pushing they are taking the painkillers. These are the good painkillers, that you wind up keep taking cause they are addictive. Plus when the painkiller wears off the pain comes back cause they are pushing past their limits. So they keep taking them.
Also add to this recreational drugs. Coke. Very popular stuff and there is a line being pushed in their face pretty often.

If you wanna live long. Think smart. Stay away from the bullshit. Do conservative cycles. Eat really healthy and take your vitamins. Oh and Get lots of sleep and sex..... Dr. Oz just said so.

You're spot on. I was talking to a gentleman that took first in his state back in the 70's, and he became pretty good friends with the powerhouse guys and a lot of names many of us recognize.

I asked him what he thought eventually caused these guys to leave the game, and he flat out told me it's the pain drugs used to push through. Liver and kidney failure are pretty much a given he was telling me - it's just always been a matter of time.

I had never really thought about it as I just have become so used to pain from injuries over the years, but if your livelihood depends on physical performance, I can totally see doing what it takes to keep pushing at 300%.

You're spot on. I was talking to a gentleman that took first in his state back in the 70's, and he became pretty good friends with the powerhouse guys and a lot of names many of us recognize.

I asked him what he thought eventually caused these guys to leave the game, and he flat out told me it's the pain drugs used to push through. Liver and kidney failure are pretty much a given he was telling me - it's just always been a matter of time.

I had never really thought about it as I just have become so used to pain from injuries over the years, but if your livelihood depends on physical performance, I can totally see doing what it takes to keep pushing at 300%.

Thats it exactly. Just like the old plumber with the bad knees and bad back that takes 4 advil in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. Thtas his livelihood. Not as extreme but same concept.

normal/high testosterone doesnt do shit your heart health, well actually it does, it improves it...
study:
m.eurheartj.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2015/07/27/eurheartj.ehv346.full.pdf

offcourse that isnt 500mg a week but the study is probably done with lack of estrogen control since it was done in 1999-2014 and estrogen in men is to some doctors a pretty new thing, even today..

it still shows 25% decrease in strokes and 45% decrease in myocardial infarction or soemthing like that...dont know exactly..

so as many pointed out the people dying is not from steroids, but from painkillers, diuretics, clen, efedrin, caffeine isnt nice on the heart either, and generally all the other drugs that come with competitive bodybuilding, that the knowledgale people simply and calmly mark as steroids. steroids is the devil!

I'm not going to say there aren't risks inherent with AAS, but Baitollah had vasculitis. This is NOT caused by AAS, but instead either an immunosuppressive disease or something VERY common, but often overlooked like hepatitis C.

Having a venous condition combined with AAS however, probably didn't help. I agree, it's very important to know what shape we're in internally to maintain our health.

My .02c :)

Damn shame he died so fast. He was prepping for the Olympia and then Dennis James said he had vasculitis and dead like a month later. One of the best 212 physiques around.

Back