Bronson Rises 2016: broke beaten divorced.. and bulking

Charles Bronson

old timey gentleman
been gone a while.. missed you crazy fuckers, i went out and picked up a laptop so i can do more than lurk here on my busted ass iPhone.. so yeah I'm back and stuff or whatever, not that i have been slacking - its been an eventful time in my life, things having changed quite a bit lads..

oh yea! get ready for Charley Bronson's way too personal training blog!!!

so here goes..

after 17 years together, 3 children and a semi wonderful marriage.. there was some intrigue involving my wife and my best friend from 15 years ago.. apparently they became rather close, on more than one occasion, while her and i were separated for about 5 months after a rather heated argument. i found out about this 15 years later by happening upon her Facebook open on the kitchen table, and finding messages to her from this guy.. she hadn't responded, and when i said ' hello ' with him assuming i was her, shit got real son!

he apparently had wrestled with his feelings for her and his conscience about things simultaneously for the better part of the last two decades. when i closed down the computer and pressed her about what he had said - she neither confirmed nor denied anything, her only response was "there is nothing to talk about" which translated into english from femineezian loosely means:

"yeah i fucked your friend while we were split up, he was there and you were not - too busy off fucking that stripper! therefore its none of your business and I'm never telling you a god damned thing"

Bronson was on fucking fire.

i mean, she technically didn't cheat. technically we werent together.. technically. but god damn - my best fucking friend? and you just happened to leave that small detail out when we got back together then??? cunt.

i reacted by ignoring her and chasing down as much pussy on the side as i could. Bronson apparently still has his hustle together boys, even without any play over the last 17 years - within a month i was juggling 3 women and still home for dinner every night. understand this lads, i thought that running up the score would make me feel better, make it easier for me to let go of things and continue life as a married man and head of my family. as fucked up as that is, i really thought that if i knocked off some pussy i might be able to move forward without having my pride get in the way of just forgiving her and forgetting about this thing that happened so long ago - and while we were split up..

i was wrong. or maybe i was just making an excuse to dip into some strange pussy after so fucking long, while all jacked up on a cycle including halo.. i was a pussy destroying demi god of aggression, wrath, and vengeance. nothing was more satisfying to me than hearing the moans of whatever woman was taking the pounding that day. i was in shape for it, stamina through th roof and my body looked crazy as fuck with the stack i was running and all the training i was doing.. felt pretty good to strip down and hear a woman tell me i was "gorgeous" and " OMG you're a beautiful man!" just some of the things these girls were saying to me, i just ate it up.. was pretty good for my old fucking ego after learning the wife had been boned by someone i considered to be like a brother to me. a 2-4 hour epic pounding was pretty much the norm anytime i cornered a victim in place safe enough to strip down in.. i thought i was on my way to making peace with myself over this, to letting go of shit

instead, the longer it went on i just felt worse.. i hurt a couple girls who really had been very sweet and kind towards me, that had done nothing wrong other than to like me and trust me.. more than one of these girls developed strong feelings, and in shooting them down - god everything about it made me feel about 10 different shades of heartless cruel prick.. the big news was, i found out old charley B has a conscience about side pussy while being married and still very much in love with the mother of my children. the whole man whore thing wasn't making it easier to let go of how i felt about things.. it just made me feel like a huge dickhead. in hindsight, i wish i had handled things differently.

so after ruining friendships with a couple girls i really did like, i swallowed my pride and tried to talk to Mrs Bronson again.. when i approached her about some closure, about having a serious discussion and putting things to rest - turns out Mrs Bronson is no fool , and instead of a heart to heart talk - she slapped the lips off my face and proceeded to beat me over the head with details about all the women i had just knocked off.. she broke down into tears and told me i had destroyed every way she had ever felt about me and had ever loved me.

being the caring sensitive and romantic individual that i am, i dug deep into my heart and soul and i responded with -

"yeah.. well you fucked my best friend you dirty fucking whore, so there is THAT. you and him both are lucky you're not fucking DEAD. in fact I'm more insulted he would stick his dick in you and think i wouldn't kill him than i am insulted about the whole dick/pussy contact at all. fuck you bitch - enjoy being a 40 something year old single mother with stretch marks and a blown out twat from squirting out all these kids - your fucking cunt looks like someone kicked a hole in the side of a dead hogs carcass - i can do better!!! I'm glad you fucked that idiot, i can walk away now without feeling like i abandoned my kids"

and with that..

chucky motherfucky decided that being an angry vindictive selfish prick was exactly the right approach to this shit all along. i refuse to be heart broken and destroyed over some cunt being scandalous. my grandfather told me when i was maybe 12 years old " son, all women are whores - except for your momma.. just don't ask your daddy about momma!" gee whiz grandpa.. i think i get it now

so i packed my dignity and pride and let her keep everything else , like shame and regret for being a fucking whore- have fun explaining to everyone why we are not together- I'm leaving!

i broke my rusty fucking cage and ran..

so within a few months time, i have retired from combat sports and lost my family. i have literally nothing to show for the last two decades of my life except wear and tear. everything that has defined me for my entire adult life has ben stripped away, i really can see why so many divorced men end up falling apart and suck on the end a shotgun barrel or tie a knot in a piece of rope out in the barn

but Charley B is no fucking pillow biter, oh no!

of course I'm hurt and feel pretty fucking beaten right now.. but the flip side of that is that i am fucking free without a wife and kids for the first fucking time since i was 19 years old. i have a place to stay far out in the country, i have a small business thats taking off - i have the means for providing bare essentials to survive for at least the next year without having to work a 9-5

HMMM! what to do with such freedom and time on my hands?

the best revenge is living well then? ok lads - i think i will do THAT

I'm going off on a fucking 6 month bulk, lets get thick quick! ill walk into the courtroom and sign papers 30 lbs pounds heavier at 10% body fat with a hot bitch on my arm and a smile on my face..

I've already talked to my rep from PSL and going all out..

no cutting corners - test deca tren and masteron with 12 weeks of dbol split into two 6 week runs

it will be a heavy stack, ill run the tren for as much of the 6 months off and on as i can stand it, as my bloodwork and sides allow me to be on..

I'm going to crush this shit, diet and training like some mountain top monk who lost his fucking mind and had to withdraw from contact with other humans. in truth, its not that far from reality right now.. i have deer in my yard every night, and a fucking bear that keeps getting into my garbage. he and i are going to have to talk things out at some point - that shits getting old quickly.

I'm not even talking to any pussy, don't want to look at a woman. i am president of the he-man woman haters club at the moment. give me a little while.. a few weeks on a gram of test/deca and I'm sure ill have a change of heart. ill post the details on my cycle, training and diet.. once I'm back on and chasing pussy down, ill splatter some hapless girls pics on the boards just for you guys to have shits an giggles.

til then, ill get some current pics to show where I'm at now. ill let you guys decide where my body fat is, and if i need to cut anymore before jumping on cycle..

one of the reasons I'm bulking, going to log this shit.. ill have an excuse to stick around and hang out on the board with you nihilistic narcissist fuckers. i love you guys. and honestly, whatever is said and goes on here, might be the most interaction i have with human beings for sometime to come. i buried myself out in these woods for the next 6 months on purpose, which fit the frame of mind i was in at the time i signed the lease, but may have been a mistake the longer I'm out here and the better i start to feel. i just wanted away from the city and away rom people in general.. well, mission accomplished there.

the last log i ran, the responses and encouragement i got from you guys kept me plugged in and pushing harder than i would probably have ever pushed on my own.. was like having training partners/ friends sitting in on my workout and watching me progress.. i did my best and held myself accountable all the way to the end when i got my ass beat ( oh yea, that hard black bastard came over to train with me a few times and is now my student, fights for my gym ;) ) i hope to make this bulk as epic and glorious as possible, and of course ill be way too personal and include everything else thats going on - ill bring some funny with me, and this time be able to share the pussy I'm knocking off with my boys ! yeah!

thanks for tuning in and listening.. Bronson

Wow man, whatever else you're into you can write and should be able to do something with that.

I would just make sure you don't loose contact with your kids man. I would be pissed off to if I were you about everything that happen. I would consider not running tren during times of extremely high stress it could just make the situation worse. You have a great talent for writing by the way. I wish you the best of luck with this situation. Make sure to get a good lawyer when you go to court and I would be careful about what type of image you portray when you go in there. I'm sure you love your kids and wan't the right to be able to see them on a decent schedule.

You know man, all those times in my life when I was younger and wilder, going out and being crazy and fucking everything after a break up or some hard times, never really made the situation any better. It never really made me feel better about what had just went down and how I was dealing w it. It kind of just muddied things up more for me. It wasn't til I got a lil older and took a more slow it down approach to those situations that I seemed to handle it better...slow down, mull it over, process it and move on. Sure it's easier said than done alot of the times but those situations can be used as fire to spur you on to better yourself in alot of ways...

Aaand I love the doug Stanhope rotting hog carcass reference hahaha!!!! Long live the stanhope

Man oh man. Brother, you paint a vivid picture every time words are written. I think memoires of Charley Fucking B needs to be written and published.

Listen man, life throw shit our way all the time. Some times its a bigger dump than previous ones. But, its not what happens in life that matters, its how we deal with it that does.

Youre a tough dude, no doubt about that, youll get through this. Be there for your kids and better yourself while you are, so when that woman looks back she wont have any doubt in her mind she fucked up.

Keep your chin up.............or should I say tucked in ;)

Last edited:
My experience is somewhat the same. Although after 14 years I have found a great lady, and life is good. Be yourself, do what you feel is right for you and absolutely get a great lawyer. Other than that, great to hear you are moving forward, keep on keeping on!

I love you Chucky. Full homo and all that shit!

I'm here if you need me, you know this. I do think that taking time for yourself right now is the best medicine to make you whole again. You have the discipline, the drive, the motivation, and the determination to do this - just don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. ;)

Of course, I'm in this bitch to witness the HELL of a ride you're about to embark upon. While I agree that your kids do need you, I also think they'll understand you needing a break for a little bit to be that man that you need to be.

Welcome to the first days of your new life my friend; it's just up to you and you alone with how you shape it. :cool:

There was a line in a Willie Nelson song that read "picking up hookers, instead of my pen, I let the words of my youth fade away...with old worn out saddles, and old worn out memories, with no one and no place to stay"...Pick up that pen man, you have a gift

Just went thru my second wife and about to do same thing, Tren/Test will be my only bitches in my life.....

Welcome back brother. Big props on staying strong. Too many good men puss out in situations like these and admit defeat....either with drugs, drinking, or the big one.....

Nothing can make an alpha feel like a depressed little girl more than a woman. They have control over us more than we like to admit. Being able to bounce back after losing everything and walking away with your pride and dignity intact, is what separates real men from the weak ones.

All the best bro, and PSL got your back!

been gone a while.. missed you crazy fuckers, i went out and picked up a laptop so i can do more than lurk here on my busted ass iPhone.. so yeah I'm back and stuff or whatever, not that i have been slacking - its been an eventful time in my life, things having changed quite a bit lads..

oh yea! get ready for Charley Bronson's way too personal training blog!!!

so here goes..

after 17 years together, 3 children and a semi wonderful marriage.. there was some intrigue involving my wife and my best friend from 15 years ago.. apparently they became rather close, on more than one occasion, while her and i were separated for about 5 months after a rather heated argument. i found out about this 15 years later by happening upon her Facebook open on the kitchen table, and finding messages to her from this guy.. she hadn't responded, and when i said ' hello ' with him assuming i was her, shit got real son!

he apparently had wrestled with his feelings for her and his conscience about things simultaneously for the better part of the last two decades. when i closed down the computer and pressed her about what he had said - she neither confirmed nor denied anything, her only response was "there is nothing to talk about" which translated into english from femineezian loosely means:

"yeah i fucked your friend while we were split up, he was there and you were not - too busy off fucking that stripper! therefore its none of your business and I'm never telling you a god damned thing"

Bronson was on fucking fire.

i mean, she technically didn't cheat. technically we werent together.. technically. but god damn - my best fucking friend? and you just happened to leave that small detail out when we got back together then??? cunt.

i reacted by ignoring her and chasing down as much pussy on the side as i could. Bronson apparently still has his hustle together boys, even without any play over the last 17 years - within a month i was juggling 3 women and still home for dinner every night. understand this lads, i thought that running up the score would make me feel better, make it easier for me to let go of things and continue life as a married man and head of my family. as fucked up as that is, i really thought that if i knocked off some pussy i might be able to move forward without having my pride get in the way of just forgiving her and forgetting about this thing that happened so long ago - and while we were split up..

i was wrong. or maybe i was just making an excuse to dip into some strange pussy after so fucking long, while all jacked up on a cycle including halo.. i was a pussy destroying demi god of aggression, wrath, and vengeance. nothing was more satisfying to me than hearing the moans of whatever woman was taking the pounding that day. i was in shape for it, stamina through th roof and my body looked crazy as fuck with the stack i was running and all the training i was doing.. felt pretty good to strip down and hear a woman tell me i was "gorgeous" and " OMG you're a beautiful man!" just some of the things these girls were saying to me, i just ate it up.. was pretty good for my old fucking ego after learning the wife had been boned by someone i considered to be like a brother to me. a 2-4 hour epic pounding was pretty much the norm anytime i cornered a victim in place safe enough to strip down in.. i thought i was on my way to making peace with myself over this, to letting go of shit

instead, the longer it went on i just felt worse.. i hurt a couple girls who really had been very sweet and kind towards me, that had done nothing wrong other than to like me and trust me.. more than one of these girls developed strong feelings, and in shooting them down - god everything about it made me feel about 10 different shades of heartless cruel prick.. the big news was, i found out old charley B has a conscience about side pussy while being married and still very much in love with the mother of my children. the whole man whore thing wasn't making it easier to let go of how i felt about things.. it just made me feel like a huge dickhead. in hindsight, i wish i had handled things differently.

so after ruining friendships with a couple girls i really did like, i swallowed my pride and tried to talk to Mrs Bronson again.. when i approached her about some closure, about having a serious discussion and putting things to rest - turns out Mrs Bronson is no fool , and instead of a heart to heart talk - she slapped the lips off my face and proceeded to beat me over the head with details about all the women i had just knocked off.. she broke down into tears and told me i had destroyed every way she had ever felt about me and had ever loved me.

being the caring sensitive and romantic individual that i am, i dug deep into my heart and soul and i responded with -

"yeah.. well you fucked my best friend you dirty fucking whore, so there is THAT. you and him both are lucky you're not fucking DEAD. in fact I'm more insulted he would stick his dick in you and think i wouldn't kill him than i am insulted about the whole dick/pussy contact at all. fuck you bitch - enjoy being a 40 something year old single mother with stretch marks and a blown out twat from squirting out all these kids - your fucking cunt looks like someone kicked a hole in the side of a dead hogs carcass - i can do better!!! I'm glad you fucked that idiot, i can walk away now without feeling like i abandoned my kids"

and with that..

chucky motherfucky decided that being an angry vindictive selfish prick was exactly the right approach to this shit all along. i refuse to be heart broken and destroyed over some cunt being scandalous. my grandfather told me when i was maybe 12 years old " son, all women are whores - except for your momma.. just don't ask your daddy about momma!" gee whiz grandpa.. i think i get it now

so i packed my dignity and pride and let her keep everything else , like shame and regret for being a fucking whore- have fun explaining to everyone why we are not together- I'm leaving!

i broke my rusty fucking cage and ran..

so within a few months time, i have retired from combat sports and lost my family. i have literally nothing to show for the last two decades of my life except wear and tear. everything that has defined me for my entire adult life has ben stripped away, i really can see why so many divorced men end up falling apart and suck on the end a shotgun barrel or tie a knot in a piece of rope out in the barn

but Charley B is no fucking pillow biter, oh no!

of course I'm hurt and feel pretty fucking beaten right now.. but the flip side of that is that i am fucking free without a wife and kids for the first fucking time since i was 19 years old. i have a place to stay far out in the country, i have a small business thats taking off - i have the means for providing bare essentials to survive for at least the next year without having to work a 9-5

HMMM! what to do with such freedom and time on my hands?

the best revenge is living well then? ok lads - i think i will do THAT

I'm going off on a fucking 6 month bulk, lets get thick quick! ill walk into the courtroom and sign papers 30 lbs pounds heavier at 10% body fat with a hot bitch on my arm and a smile on my face..

I've already talked to my rep from PSL and going all out..

no cutting corners - test deca tren and masteron with 12 weeks of dbol split into two 6 week runs

it will be a heavy stack, ill run the tren for as much of the 6 months off and on as i can stand it, as my bloodwork and sides allow me to be on..

I'm going to crush this shit, diet and training like some mountain top monk who lost his fucking mind and had to withdraw from contact with other humans. in truth, its not that far from reality right now.. i have deer in my yard every night, and a fucking bear that keeps getting into my garbage. he and i are going to have to talk things out at some point - that shits getting old quickly.

I'm not even talking to any pussy, don't want to look at a woman. i am president of the he-man woman haters club at the moment. give me a little while.. a few weeks on a gram of test/deca and I'm sure ill have a change of heart. ill post the details on my cycle, training and diet.. once I'm back on and chasing pussy down, ill splatter some hapless girls pics on the boards just for you guys to have shits an giggles.

til then, ill get some current pics to show where I'm at now. ill let you guys decide where my body fat is, and if i need to cut anymore before jumping on cycle..

one of the reasons I'm bulking, going to log this shit.. ill have an excuse to stick around and hang out on the board with you nihilistic narcissist fuckers. i love you guys. and honestly, whatever is said and goes on here, might be the most interaction i have with human beings for sometime to come. i buried myself out in these woods for the next 6 months on purpose, which fit the frame of mind i was in at the time i signed the lease, but may have been a mistake the longer I'm out here and the better i start to feel. i just wanted away from the city and away rom people in general.. well, mission accomplished there.

the last log i ran, the responses and encouragement i got from you guys kept me plugged in and pushing harder than i would probably have ever pushed on my own.. was like having training partners/ friends sitting in on my workout and watching me progress.. i did my best and held myself accountable all the way to the end when i got my ass beat ( oh yea, that hard black bastard came over to train with me a few times and is now my student, fights for my gym ;) ) i hope to make this bulk as epic and glorious as possible, and of course ill be way too personal and include everything else thats going on - ill bring some funny with me, and this time be able to share the pussy I'm knocking off with my boys ! yeah!

thanks for tuning in and listening.. Bronson

We where wondering what had happened to you, we called all the hospitals, police stations, local bars and a couple of ho houses lol, oh well, good to have you and your sound advice back here brother

Thats called your best old ex-friend. If any of my friends ever screwed my girl or ex girl, I would be upset. I wouldn't do that to them. There are plenty of fish in the sea, find your own fishing hole.

people pay $75 an hour to lay on a couch and spill their guts to some prick thats nodding of in his office chair. you guys are the fucking atom nuclear bomb. thank you for taking the time to pop in here and read my horse shit then actually chime in and try to prop me up.. i buried myself in these woods to be alone, thought it might have been a mistake for a moment, but i was mistaken! glad i decided to come back on the boards here, even under these circumstances.. no, especially under these circumstances. really, thanks fellas..

megaton the leader of the deceptions backing me is fucking huge right now. seriously.. thank you man, i promise Im going to push as hard as i can..

i won't disappoint anybody thats pulling for me if i can help it.

Mprtz in another lifetime, i was an academic who was jolly and liked to write.. thank you for the compliment friend, I'm going to be wide open with whatever i do write on here, then later we'll see if its actually worth anybody reading.. appreciate the comment brother, ill either be putting up a log about a dark and depressing tail spin, or actually pulling off a pretty profound comeback.. its a lot for anyone to read about, much less to be sharing, i hope that me just being aware what i think/ say/ do will be going up on here for everybody to see will be a positive influence.. thank goodness i have no social skills and my balls are so fucking huge ;)

mad scientist solid advice.. right now I'm taking a break form being around everybody anybody. even the kids. until I'm not such a hyper active angry bitter old prick, they don't need to see dad so wound up.. kids always know when somethings wrong, even when you're smiling through your teeth while bleeding out.. they know you're bleeding somewhere. i feel like it won't take much for me to get to a place where i can see them and not worry they'll feel something is wrong.. and the lawyer thing, working on that brother, trust me.. going to hire a bonafide member of the tribe!!! yea!!! sons of Abaraham!!!

Txo45 yeah i fucked up with my response being to whore it up for revenge.. just made everyitng more convoluted like you said - and really gave her an out from being accountable for what the root of all this shit is to begin with.. and STANHOPE!!!! i met that fucker in airport, didn't have any idea who he was - i just started talking to him becuae his polyester suit made him look like a used car salesmen form the 1970's, my dad was a used car salesmen, and thats how it kicks off - you have anything with low miles only driven on sundays by an old lady? then i found out he was a comic and went home and listened to his stand up - was blown the fuck away by the guy.. id spent 45 minutes talking to the Bukowski of our generation, had no idea.. and he thinks he's retarded, has no fucking idea how brilliant he really is.. just as down to earth and fucking approachable as anyone you could ever meet. love dougie stnahopes man, he's good people on top of being a fucking modest genius

shredder you hit the nail on the head, i get my act together now rather than fall apart - the best revenge ill ever have is her knowing she had a good man that loved her and tossed it all for nothing. time to step up my game.. I'm on it, yes sir..

ageisjustanumber
sorry to hear you went through anything like i just did.. and glad to hear how things turned out for you. the old adage is " only god knows what is good luck or bad luck" wait and see how this turns out, going to give it a chance to be the best thing that ever happened to me.. going to do my part now, hit it hard and comeback up on my feet..

iceman " may my enemies live long, so they may see my prosper" I'm dialed in, going to make this count .. lets go!

halfwit my brother.. everything you have done for me, all that you continue to do.. the only reason i don't hit you up more is because I'm trying to be the least amount of a pain in the ass for you as possible :)

im so excited its legal for us to get married now.. I'm just working up the nerve to propose.

seriously man, I'm not sure you really have any idea just how much i respect your opinions and advice. when it comes down to it - id shit can and dump everything i found on the internet, disregard every comment ever made on any discussion forum, throw every book i own out the window - and follow your advice to the letter.

plus , you are a sweet sweet piece of man meat.. id eat your panties, full homo

Dinotexas bringing up willie nelson and then mentioning my name with a comment about my writing.. you just kind of lit me up man, the things being said here.. i think I'm going to add writing to the very short list of things I'm going to dedicate myself to for the next 6 months. classic line there my brother, you get some serious fucking man points for having that one on your brain.. i salute you sir, Bronson

buzzbait i am the president of the he-man woman haters club. you are now the vice president...

- golf clap-

welcome to the club brother.. sorry to hear you're dealing with this shit man

jozip103 10-4 brother.. i have plenty to say about PSL in an upcoming post. nothing like finding out who has your back when you been kicked in the fucking balls.. this is for anybody that can take my word on anything, when i tell you PSL has come through for me when the chips are down.. i mean WAAAAY the fuck down., you'll see why i love this company and the people repping it. stay tuned for that shit.

milton did THE milton just talk to me?!?!?! i have a really weird boner boner right now.. is that gay?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

luckypaul i was just a weency fucking bit upset with him, yea..

but after all, it is the woman who chooses

he only gets to fuck her if she falls over with her legs spread open. they're both pigs in my book

Great to see you back on the boards CB, albeit under different circumstances....

You've had some amazing words of wisdom already from the guys above, they've got your back for sure brother...

I'm sure wherever you go from here - you'll be successful... but promise me this one thing...

When you go into your back yard and have a wrestle with that bear - wear your GoPro camera dude - I'd pay good money to see that unfold :)

Have a great cycle

BigBen

I heard a wise man once say "Even when it's the best thing, perhaps the only possible thing, divorce is still an awful thing."

Now, I know it's somewhat pompous to call myself wise, but it's as true when I said it as it is today. Relationships that lead to marriage are by their very nature birthed from a tremendous investment of energy. Emotional energy, physical energy, sexual energy, spiritual energy all come together to form that union, and that energy is still there somehow even if it feels dormant.

It's like a wound up clock spring. And divorce is doing the equivalent of prying the clock mechanism apart. That energy just erupts into a tangled explosion from that wound up spring. All that energy went in and it's going to show up in ways you won't expect and can't predict as you unravel the relationship back to the state of not being together.

So my heart goes out to you. You're intuitively trying to gird yourself and gather the strength required to handle what is coming. I have a couple of pieces of advice:

1) Your kids need you. Period. In particular if the divorce is nasty, you need to be the calming presence. You spend time with your kids and you NEVER say anything bad about their mom. Ever. Never ever. You practice responses when they tell you she said something about you. "Yeah, your mom's pretty upset right now, but we both love you." "Yeah, that's private so I won't discuss it right now, but it's okay." "I'm sorry that happened, your mom's hurting, but she didn't mean to hurt you." You just keep working at it until you get DAMNED good at being a fucking pillar for your kids. Kids become adults and will decide what they think as they take that journey. Your goal is for them to come to you when they're 25 and say "Thanks so much for who you were during that time. That's when I learned I could really trust you." The payoff for this behavior is years away.

2) Remember that energy I spoke of? There are only two types of people on the far side of a divorce. There's the healthy type, that completely dissipates the energy during the divorce, grieves the loss of love and relatedness, and moves on. There's also the unhealthy type that is still angry years and years later, telling you with venom the latest news of what their screwed up ex-spouse has done. Just get it all out. Don't ridicule that $75 therapy session (that's cheap!) so much that you wouldn't allow yourself the benefit of the same. Sometimes we need a shrink because they have a way of shrinking our problems to a manageable size. Regardless of how you achieve it, let the fire burn out. It's perhaps too early to do it, but plan to be grateful for that woman. If you can end up grateful you've done it.

3) Go re-read #2 above. Re-read the last sentence. If you're not there, you don't get to entertain ideas of another serious relationship. And yes, you're going to end up there. You're too passionate, focused and driven to not eventually end up focusing on a woman and pursuing a passionate committed relationship. When that woman shows up, you give her the gift of a guy that's whole and complete and can invest everything again with her. The last thing you'd give a woman you love is a guy that's still throwing tons of his limited energy at a dead relationship and stoking the fire of his anger with the same fuel he could stoke the fire of his new romance.

Okay, I'm stepping off my soapbox. I'll call that one box jump for the day and consider it my workout. Done. I'm looking forward to more of your writing, and I can't wait to see where this takes you. I'm sorry for your loss. Having been there as well, with kids, I know the pain. It was long ago, and I've been happily married to my second wife for 19 years. All my kids are adults, the youngest just moved out. I still remember the pain from the first marriage, but it's faded to just a shadow.

I heard a wise man once say "Even when it's the best thing, perhaps the only possible thing, divorce is still an awful thing."

Now, I know it's somewhat pompous to call myself wise, but it's as true when I said it as it is today. Relationships that lead to marriage are by their very nature birthed from a tremendous investment of energy. Emotional energy, physical energy, sexual energy, spiritual energy all come together to form that union, and that energy is still there somehow even if it feels dormant.

It's like a wound up clock spring. And divorce is doing the equivalent of prying the clock mechanism apart. That energy just erupts into a tangled explosion from that wound up spring. All that energy went in and it's going to show up in ways you won't expect and can't predict as you unravel the relationship back to the state of not being together.

So my heart goes out to you. You're intuitively trying to gird yourself and gather the strength required to handle what is coming. I have a couple of pieces of advice:

1) Your kids need you. Period. In particular if the divorce is nasty, you need to be the calming presence. You spend time with your kids and you NEVER say anything bad about their mom. Ever. Never ever. You practice responses when they tell you she said something about you. "Yeah, your mom's pretty upset right now, but we both love you." "Yeah, that's private so I won't discuss it right now, but it's okay." "I'm sorry that happened, your mom's hurting, but she didn't mean to hurt you." You just keep working at it until you get DAMNED good at being a fucking pillar for your kids. Kids become adults and will decide what they think as they take that journey. Your goal is for them to come to you when they're 25 and say "Thanks so much for who you were during that time. That's when I learned I could really trust you." The payoff for this behavior is years away.

2) Remember that energy I spoke of? There are only two types of people on the far side of a divorce. There's the healthy type, that completely dissipates the energy during the divorce, grieves the loss of love and relatedness, and moves on. There's also the unhealthy type that is still angry years and years later, telling you with venom the latest news of what their screwed up ex-spouse has done. Just get it all out. Don't ridicule that $75 therapy session (that's cheap!) so much that you wouldn't allow yourself the benefit of the same. Sometimes we need a shrink because they have a way of shrinking our problems to a manageable size. Regardless of how you achieve it, let the fire burn out. It's perhaps too early to do it, but plan to be grateful for that woman. If you can end up grateful you've done it.

3) Go re-read #2 above. Re-read the last sentence. If you're not there, you don't get to entertain ideas of another serious relationship. And yes, you're going to end up there. You're too passionate, focused and driven to not eventually end up focusing on a woman and pursuing a passionate committed relationship. When that woman shows up, you give her the gift of a guy that's whole and complete and can invest everything again with her. The last thing you'd give a woman you love is a guy that's still throwing tons of his limited energy at a dead relationship and stoking the fire of his anger with the same fuel he could stoke the fire of his new romance.

Okay, I'm stepping off my soapbox. I'll call that one box jump for the day and consider it my workout. Done. I'm looking forward to more of your writing, and I can't wait to see where this takes you. I'm sorry for your loss. Having been there as well, with kids, I know the pain. It was long ago, and I've been happily married to my second wife for 19 years. All my kids are adults, the youngest just moved out. I still remember the pain from the first marriage, but it's faded to just a shadow.

^^^ Awesome post ^^^

Good to have you back bud. I would have said few things as well but the guys above have covered it all. Stay strong!!

Back