bshank's TRT Log and Journal

Seems like it's too soon to see any change(Thurday I went to .5mg of AI and yesterday .25mg) but I'm having some pre-trt symptoms such as depression and no energy. It's been less than a week since I made the changes.

What was/is your estradiol value with and without the AI?

My last blood work was done around the end of September and came back as

Testosterone, Serum : 1466
Estradiol: 21.7

That was with 1mg of AI twice a week. I haven't been on TRT without AI so I don't have a relevant without number. My next blood work is in Jan I believe.

My last blood work was done around the end of September and came back as

Testosterone, Serum : 1466
Estradiol: 21.7

That was with 1mg of AI twice a week. I haven't been on TRT without AI so I don't have a relevant without number. My next blood work is in Jan I believe.

Looks like the non-sensitive test, so your actual value is going to be much lower than that, which explains why you aren't feeling well.

How many days after your injection were these labs drawn?

Looks like the non-sensitive test, so your actual value is going to be much lower than that, which explains why you aren't feeling well.

How many days after your injection were these labs drawn?

I just checked the labs and it doesn't say what type of test was done, unfortunately. I really don't feel that bad it's just the low libido thing... which was the main factor for getting on TRT. The libido did improve after a month but slowly dwindled. It's still slightly higher than pre-TRT but it's still abnormally low. It's been over a week and I still am not really in the mood in the evening.

I really think that you're taking an AI unnecessarily. At the very least, you're taking too much. 3 days after your injection you aren't too far from your peak values, and your E2 shouldn't be that low. That would explain the loss of libido.

Try splitting your testosterone dose into twice weekly injections and lay off the AI. Libido should return.

I really think that you're taking an AI unnecessarily. At the very least, you're taking too much. 3 days after your injection you aren't too far from your peak values, and your E2 shouldn't be that low. That would explain the loss of libido.

Try splitting your testosterone dose into twice weekly injections and lay off the AI. Libido should return.

Thanks for the advice. I have a feeling that is where I am going to end up. I am going on a vacation next week and don't feel like testing out changes until I get back. If nothing has changed by the time I get back I will end up trying out what you suggest.

No big improvements so it's time to try something new. Before making any of my on changes to the protocol I decided to call my clinic. They want me to lower my dosage to about 140mg a week and see how that goes with some bloodwork done in a month. I am going to go ahead and do it and see where that takes me.

Well I have been on 140mg for about 3 weeks now. I think next week I get a blood test. No matter what the number are I need to change it. I have noticed that 5-7 days past my injection my energy levels are a lot lower and I also end up having a lot more irrational anxiety. I haven't noticed any big improvements with my libido which is the big reason for the change. My back acne has cleared up quite a bit, however.

Well I have been on 140mg for about 3 weeks now. I think next week I get a blood test. No matter what the number are I need to change it. I have noticed that 5-7 days past my injection my energy levels are a lot lower and I also end up having a lot more irrational anxiety. I haven't noticed any big improvements with my libido which is the big reason for the change. My back acne has cleared up quite a bit, however.

wondering if the doc will let you split the dose and do every 3.5 days?

wondering if the doc will let you split the dose and do every 3.5 days?

Well, I am going to finish the 140 once a week dosage but as far as I am considered if I think going to 3.5 days will help then that is what I will do whether the doc approves or not.

Hiyo, I believe I will have the BW stuff early next week. At 140mg I'm still having big issues with depression, anxiety, low energy and impaired brain function(i become rather forgetful) on the last day or two before injections.

Here are the results from my latest bloodwork on 140mg once a week for the past month and a half. This was taken 3.5 days after injection.. I am supposed to hear back tomorrow on whether the test was sensitive or non-sensitive for the estradiol. I found some various ranges used by labcorp and I am pretty sure it is not the sensitive. I'll know for certain soon.

Testosterone: 1230 Range: 348 - 1197 ng/dL
Estradiol:16.7 Range:7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL

I am pretty surprised it's that high since at 200mg a week I was at 1400ish during the peak.

Anyways, not sure what to do at this point. Basically with my current HRT clinic the only help they can provide is to have me come in and talk to the doctor in person which is a 3 hour drive one way and only during Wednesday morning or Friday evening. That's not very helpful as there isn't a damn thing we can talk about in person that we can't talk about on the phone. I am pretty frustrated and discouraged. TRT has helped a ton with depression and anxiety but a huge part of why I went on it was to help get my libido back on track. As it currently stands I am 'kind of, i guess we can, maybe' in the mood once a week tops.

fun shit.

Your were shooting 200mg once a week, or split into two?

Why did you decrease your dosage, still once or twice a week injection?

Your were shooting 200mg once a week, or split into two?

Why did you decrease your dosage, still once or twice a week injection?

200mg once a week. I decreased it to 140mg a week after my TRT clinic told me to after i explained my libido wasn't in a good place. 140mg was once a week as well.

As others might have mentioned, why dont you split up your dosage so that your hormones are more stable. I would assume that your libido might eventually also react to being at a constant level just like a homostatis... Now hormones do fluctuate, but not from 1200->300 and redoing that.

A constant level of 800-1000 seems to be a legit area to stay at.

You also have to consider age, stress, diet, and emotional situations! are you hitting the gym ?

Switching to 100mg twice a week is what I need to do. I actually kind of already started as of last night. I don't really have faith in that improving the libido but beats sitting around doing nothing new. At least as a consolation prize it should be 100x better than the rollercoaster ride of 140mg once a week(200mg once a week was fine).

I'm pretty young at 32. Fairly stress free life at this point with just the occasional bump. My diet is pretty spot on. I actually weigh and track everything. I've been hitting the gym(or working out in general) on a regular and consistent basis since about mid-August.

Back