Bulk Foods

just diabetic

dose anyone have a good food bulking regiment.curently i have

meal 1/. 3 cups oatmeal 8 egg wts.
meal 2/600 calorie protien shake.
meal 3/chicken breast and sweet potato veggies,
meal 4/600 calorie protien shake.
meal 5/8 oz of hamburger meat and sweet potato.
meal 6/600 calorie protein shake.
close to bedtime lean whey protien shake and plain almonds.

is this enough or should i add more meals 2 it.

thats alot of shakes in there. u would be better off eating more solid food. if ur schedual permits then eat more lean protiens rather than 4 shakes. thats alot

I agree with Ironfreak. I only take 2 shakes everyday. One post work out and one before bedtime. It's always better to get your nutrients from solid food instead of vitamins and/or shakes/supplements

some people have to use alot of shakes, because of a busy schedual or what have u. but 4 shakes is alot, espesialy if ur only eating 7 times. more than half of ur meals each day r shakes. just get tuna and more chicken, lean steaks. u can save alot of money if u throw in with a couple of guys on a 1/4 cow. or like the rump if its just for u. the butcher will cut them for a lil extra. i cook em on a forman grill and eat prob 2 meals with steak, 2 meals with chicken, 1 meal with tuna, all meals with either brown rice or oats, and 2 shakes, and a weight gainer shake. its alot to eat, and gets very boring, but i have stomach problems so i have to b very carful what i eat. so if im hungy i have to eat clean, i just eat alot more. it gets to a point where ur actually just forcing food down ur face because u just ate 2 1/2 hours ago. oh the pains of bulking

ironfreak703 said:
thats alot of shakes in there. u would be better off eating more solid food. if ur schedual permits then eat more lean protiens rather than 4 shakes. thats alot

i disagree. keeping a protein shake in between each meal is great for bulking because it helps to maintain a positive nitrogen balance. However, I would add at least one more meal to get your calorie intake a little higher.

he is only eating 3 solid meals. if he were eating more actual foods then ya a protien shake between each meal would b ok. 7 meals with 4 being probobly just protien shakes and nothing else in them would yeild him only 800 calories if he was adding 40g of protien to each shake. he is trying to bulk not cut. if he were to add say oats and peanut butter, or waxi mize and peanut buter then those would be good shakes

ironfreak703 said:
he is only eating 3 solid meals. if he were eating more actual foods then ya a protien shake between each meal would b ok. 7 meals with 4 being probobly just protien shakes and nothing else in them would yeild him only 800 calories if he was adding 40g of protien to each shake. he is trying to bulk not cut. if he were to add say oats and peanut butter, or waxi mize and peanut buter then those would be good shakes

thats why i said he should add "AT LEAST one more meal"

how many calories are you aiming for. unless you just like spending all your time preparing and eating meals, 7 meals is utterly ridiculous. unless your somewhere in the high 200's in term of bodyweight (which i doubt is the case) and just require an insane amount of calories, you can easily fit your calories into less meals.

Suareezay said:
how many calories are you aiming for. unless you just like spending all your time preparing and eating meals, 7 meals is utterly ridiculous. unless your somewhere in the high 200's in term of bodyweight (which i doubt is the case) and just require an insane amount of calories, you can easily fit your calories into less meals.

If he's looking for alot of calories, how is he gonna fit that into less meals? He's gonna have to drink alot of shakes as well then.

Monstar said:
If he's looking for alot of calories, how is he gonna fit that into less meals? He's gonna have to drink alot of shakes as well then.

you misread. i said unless hes taking in a shit ton of calories he can lower his meal frequency.

although 5500 calories would require a lot of meals in order for the meals to be manageable, very few people, short of endurance athletes and superheavy weights (think lean 275lb+ range) on gear would even require 5500 calories on a non-cyclical diet. the OP made no mention of being an endurance athlete, and i doubt he managed to work his way up to a lean upper-200's bodyweight without acquiring basic diet knowledge along the way - so im making the assumption that the OP doesnt need this many calories to gain weight and could easily reach his goals with far fewer calories.

even if the OP is some genetic mutant that requires such an insane amount of calories, he could easily lower his meal frequency by not dicking around with low-calorie foods like egg whites, whey, and 600 calorie shakes. eat some whole eggs and double the size of each shake - those two changes alone would get rid of two meals.

Last edited:
just diabetic said:
dose anyone have a good food bulking regiment.curently i have

meal 1/. 3 cups oatmeal 8 egg wts.
meal 2/600 calorie protien shake.
meal 3/chicken breast and sweet potato veggies,
meal 4/600 calorie protien shake.
meal 5/8 oz of hamburger meat and sweet potato.
meal 6/600 calorie protein shake.
close to bedtime lean whey protien shake and plain almonds.

is this enough or should i add more meals 2 it.

this diet is very clean- which would be great if you were maintaining/cutting.
however i don't think it's possible to bulk well on such clean food. try eating stuff along the lines of large servings of italian food and don't be afraid of the odd dessert.

the pros certainly don't bulk on egg whites and oatmeal i'll tell you that much!

markmansell said:
this diet is very clean- which would be great if you were maintaining/cutting.
however i don't think it's possible to bulk well on such clean food. try eating stuff along the lines of large servings of italian food and don't be afraid of the odd dessert.

the pros certainly don't bulk on egg whites and oatmeal i'll tell you that much!

i hope youre not saying that you cant gain weight on (for example) 3000 calories of "clean" food, but can gain weight on 3000 calories of italian food and desert.

i dont care if your food is so clean that you wash it with soap and water, if you eat enough of it, youll gain weight.

Last edited:
^

you're right, if he eats 5500 calories of eggs whites, tuna and oatmeal he will gain weight.

i wish him the best of luck...

Back