Bulking cycle gym routine, critique?

mrricco2012

Mini Rocky
Doing 500 mg of Test-E only for my cycle, and trying to figure a proper workout routine. Here is something I came up with, might need to add or decrease sets or same thing with reps. My abs I'll be doing Mondays and Thursdays.

Monday-Chest/Tri
Chest
Barbell Incline (Wide Grip) Bench 4x6-8
Cable Cross Overs 4x10-15
DB Flat 4x10
Flat DB Flyers 4x10-15

Triceps
Skull crusher’s 3x10-15
Weighted Dips 3xFailure
DB French Press 3x10-15

Tues-Back/Bicep
Back
Deadlifts 5x5
Barbell Rows 4x8
Wide Grip Row 2x10
Lat Pull Down- 3x10

Bicep
Weighted Pull Ups 4x10
Preacher Curls 3x10

Thursday-Legs
Quads
Squat 5x5
Leg Press 3x6
Leg Extension 2x10

Hamstrings
Weighted Glute Ham Raises 2x10
Stiff Legged Deadlift 4x10
Lying Leg Curls 3x10

Calfs
Barbell Calf Raise 4x10
Seated Calf Raise 2x10

Friday-Shoulder
Delts
Barbell Military Press 4x8
Bent Dumbbell Rear Raises 2x10-15
Dumbbell Lateral Raise

Traps
Barbell Shrugs 5x8
Dumbbell Shrugs 3x8
EZ Bar close grip upright rows 3x10

Hi, it's been a long time since i have turned to chemistry for gains.. When i first did it was only winny... now i have forgotten the dose i should take. I am also turning to sust any advice for the dosing on that?

Looks solid bro, I'd do more on my biceps personally though. On the back I'd do 3x sets on the row (why not?), starting with 10 reps but going down one each time (10,9,8 or 10,8,6) and increasing the weight. Personally I increase the weight with each rep so my last set is as heavy as I can go for 4-6 reps...

I'd also be doing the best bulking exercises 2x a week if I was on cycle as your going to recover almost the next day. Incline bench, deads, and squats... Just don't get hurt!

For a bulk cycle? You are doing way to many reps per set. I would drop it all to 8 reps or less. You routine right now is high reps high sets. That is going to give you tight, tone, lean muscle. You need to move to more basic movements. Good luck bro.

Its a good idea to have 7-8 exercises for each muscle group to mix things up. Incline db flys are great for chest as are pushups. Arnold press and alternating front/lateral db raises for shoulders. Back... You gta throw in some pullups. Biceps...hammer curls and cable curls. I like to do 4 exercises per muscle group...3 warmup and 4 working sets. Bulking is gna be determined by diet...what you eat and when you eat. Ask 3J in the diet section. He is very knowledgable.

so you think 8 reps on everything? Some exercises I couldnt imagine only doing 8 reps to be honest

I would do 6-8 reps and 3-4 sets. You increase the weight since you are doing less reps. You want to only be able to get 4 or 5 reps out of each set and work ur way up to 6-8 reps.

For GoPRO- I was possibly thinking of doing heavy weights low reps, but some exercises Im pretty bad on. For instance my squat is shit, so was thinking of just doing like 4 sets of 20 reps to wear those mother fuckers out. Anyways other then that how does my list of exercises look if you dont mind?

For MattyIce- Well I hear major muscles need more sets, so obviously my main parts have more sets. But for lesser body parts, biceps tri etc only need a few sets or its overkill.

Looks pretty decent, just keep asking around and viewing other bulking diets and workout routines. you could incorporate some power lifting into it also. That will help you bulk up.

Someone said add another bicep workout, which idk if thats really needed since bicep is a small muscle group. And im most likely hitting it plenty when I just do a back/bicep day.

Gopro- yeah ive been looking around alot and this is how I've gained this routine. By powerlifting what do you mean for example.

MattyIce- I like that Idea maybe keep it 5x5 but with a warm up of 1 set of 20 reps.

Started my new bulking routine for my upcoming cycle in 2 weeks. Wanted to start doing it 2 weeks prior to figure my maitenance and just get used to new exericse.

Today was chest/tris

Chest
4 sets of Incline Bench Press 6-8 reps 105lbs (im pretty short and it felt like my shoulders were getting worked)
3 sets of Decline Dumbbell Flys 6-10 reps 50lb dumbbells (never did decline DB before, needs a bit more practice on coming down proper)
3 sets of Cable Flys 10-15 reps 40lbs (Need to work on fly form a tad)
4 sets of Flat Bench Dumbbell Press 60lb dumbbells (It was a bitch to get the first push up, but after that it felt fine)

*Note* my chest didn't necessarily feel very worked, it did when I was doing the flys but for press's it didnt feel much.

Triceps
2 sets of Flat Bench Reverse Grip Bench Press 6-8 reps 95lbs
2 sets of Close Grip Bench Press 6-8 reps 135lbs
3 sets of Skull Crushers 10 reps (not sure on bar weight) but had 30 lbs total added on
3 sets of Weighted Dips with 25 lb attached to my waist till failure

*Note* never did skull crushers before, form was a bit akward may use just a tad lighter. For some odd reason my wrist hurt just a tad after Triceps, and my Biceps felt a bit worked also.

New routine for Back/Bicep day

Back
5 sets of 6-7 reps of Deadlifts (never have done underhand before, tried it and switched different hands each time. Since doing this had to do lighter weight then usual)
2 sets of 10-15 reps of Barbell Good mornings (trying to keep my hams from getting hit, since I ran the day before and leg day is thurs)
3 sets of 10 reps of Wide Grip Seated Row (had to try different weights out to see which is heaviest I can do and keep proper form)
3 sets of 10 reps of Wide Grip Front Pull Down (Felt like my shoulders were getting hit more, need to work on proper form to just hit back/biceps

Bicep
4 sets of Barbell Close Grip Underhand Rows 8 reps (This defiantly felt like it hit my biceps good)
3 sets of Weighted Chin Ups 8-10 reps
3 sets of Weighted Pull Ups 8-10 reps
3 sets of Barbell Preacher Curls 6-10 reps

Total time for weights 35-40 minutes

I still need to work on my form to properly hit my targeted muscles instead of non targeted. If anyone has any advice/tips on my workouts by all means feel free to imput. Starting cycle on 29th and want my gym routine to be perfect.

Today was Leg day, and its a bit different from whats posted above

Quads
Warm Up Set light weight Squat 1x15
Squat HEavy 4x6-8
Leg Extension 2x20 enough weight for it to be heavy but still get 20 reps in
Hack Squat machine 2x20 enough weight for it to be heavy but still get 20 reps in (my leg press I do over 700lbs, but never know if im doing them accurate, so I do machine for accuracy)

*Key Note* I did have Leg Press down at first for 3x6 all heavy as fuak, but didn't know if it's too much.

Hamstrings
Stiff Leg Dead Lifts 4x10
Lying Leg Curls 3x10
Barbell Lunges 2 x 20

*Key Note* thought of adding hamstring back extensions, but the machine at the gym doesn't look like a normal one people do for hamstrings, also though of adding Standing Leg Curls.

Califs
5x10 Barbell Calf Raises Heavy (As much as I can do)

*Key Note* had sit down calf raise machine, but feel I get a better workout on calfs with barbell, so just added 2 extra sets in for barbell to replace sit down

Hips
Hip abductor 1xFailure
Hip Adductor 1xFailure

*Key Note* just to make sure I atleast hit them.

Just a second final post for this thread, just giving some guys ideas on bulking routine for 4 day splits. Today im doing a shoulder routine which include delts/traps

Delts
Dumbbell Over Head Press 4x8 HEAVY (used to do military press, but was doing it behind neck. Thought maybe I'd switch to DOHP to see major gains)
Face Pulls 2x15 LIGHT (I hear this is great for rear delts. It doesn't have to be heavy, I see most of the time light weight but doing quick reps)
Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise 2x10-15LIGHT (Going to go light, if I don't see anything I'll go heavy. Hear this is second best Rear Delt exercise. Make sure to be bent)
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 2x10-15 LIGHT (Its not about heavy, its about proper form right here)
Front Lateral Raise 2x10-15 HEAVY (Do one arm at a time, to make sure your isolating that delt. Proper slow form all the way up)

*Key Note* I know im bulking, but I think this right here with some heavy/low reps will wear the fuck out of my delts

Traps
Barbbell Shrugs HEAVY 5x8 (Overhand since I worked biceps on Tuesday, which is plenty of time of course in between but still rather not work biceps)
EZ Bar Close Grip Upright Row 3x10 HEAVY (Never tried this before, but hear it blows the fuck out of your traps if performed right)

*Key Note* Thought of adding Dumbbell Shrugs 3x8 to Barbbell Srhugs that was 4x8. But decided I'd just go with Barbbell and add one more set to it instead.

For my shoulder day I did just a tad different then what I posted above

For Overhead Press I did heavy, but I started off my first two sets with 45s. When I tried my 3rd set I couldnt even get them up, so went down to 40's but damn I felt it.
Face Pulls I said screw it and went heavy, still with the 2x15
Bent Overs I did first set light, and then next set went heavy.
Front Lat Raise did 3 sets instead of 2, only 10 reps. First set was heavy, 2nd was light, 3rd was heavy

For traps I wasn't really feeling much with the Barbell Shrugs so after the 5x8 I did 2 sets of 95lb DB's which sort of made me feel it
EZ bar never tried before and I need to work on better form.

Back