BULKING Diet Question

intrinsic1

Livin' the dream....
I am about to start a bulking cycle test/deca. I always eat "flawlessly" very low carbs and almost no sugar. I am not comfortable eating a lot of foods. In fact I have been on a restricted diet for the past 6 years (was fat all my life, went from 300lbs to 160lbs at 30 y/o)

So my question is: I just picked up a bunch of weight gainer 'Met-rx' it will give me around 850cals, 5grms sugar, 80 carbs per shake. If I suck down 3 of these a day, I would feel that I am getting a cleaner source of cals and carbs w/o the sugars. If I cotinue to eat clean for the other 3000cals would I still gain? How important is sugar?

I intend to eat oats,legumes,nuts, lots of chicken,cheese,brown rice,yams,low carb veggies,berries,whole grain bread. -no simple sugars!

My whole food sources would be very clean food groups.

And lastly, by taking in that many cals and carbs, will I get fat? I want to put on lean muscle not a gut. What's to become of my precious 8 pack?

Thanks...sorry for the long post

am i reading this right, you plan on eating 3000 cals on top of 3 weight gainer shakes?
So 5550 cals total? At 160 pounds? lol, yea, way too much considering youre not a ripped ectomorph. I dont care what drugs youre on.

You can eat as clean as you want, too many calories is still too many calories.

if your 160lbs that's a little much. However, you won't get "fat" again overnight, if you see that your getting chubby, cut back on the cals.

Suareezay said:
am i reading this right, you plan on eating 3000 cals on top of 3 weight gainer shakes?
So 5550 cals total? At 160 pounds?

Sorry let me clearify, 160lbs was my LOW, CURRENTLY: 37y/o 6'1 180lbs 10%bf

My first cycle test 500mg EW for 14 weeks. I trained really hard and sleep well but didn't really blow up. at the time of that cycle I was eating about 2500cals really clean low carb,lowsugar. From I have have researched this screwed up the cycle and prevented me from gaining and/or building.

I have read a post after post about gettting 4000+ cals per day. I figure 3 shakes plus my normal 2500-3000cals should do the trick.
Do I need to revamp this?

180 doesnt require a whole lot more calories than 160. 5550 is still too much.

you read post after post about ridiculous calorie amounts, but consider the source. Nobody who remains decently lean (which i assume you want to do) eats this much day after day. Also, 4000 is a lot less than 5550.

u know , i would say go for it man, the more the better. this is the only way to break the plateu, . yes you will get fat but that will be a good fat, see i'm fat right now, well chuby sort of and i 'm not even going down yet either and i'm eating 6,000 with gainer included. As you can see i dont care if they tell me , i look like a fat ass, I just know that i will slim down when it's time to slim down.

Suareezay said:
180 doesnt require a whole lot more calories than 160. 5550 is still too much.

you read post after post about ridiculous calorie amounts, but consider the source. Nobody who remains decently lean (which i assume you want to do) eats this much day after day. Also, 4000 is a lot less than 5550.

I hear ya bro, I figure I will just watch my body and not the scale. I just want to make sure that I give my body enough fuel to build and bulk than I did last cycle. I could have gotten more out of it but my diet was the only thing not in check.

Thanks for the input. Keep ya posted.

The first couple of times you take gear are the best cause have have the potential to put on some serious mass. after that, your gains wont come as quickly. i dont know about you but i want every last pound of muscle out of my cycle so i eat everything in site. cant be scared of a couple of pounds of fat. Screw the weightgainer and replace it with dbl cheeseburgers, pizza, steaks, etc.

And lastly, by taking in that many cals and carbs, will I get fat? I want to put on lean muscle not a gut. What's to become of my precious 8 pack?

Thanks...sorry for the long post[/QUOTE]

When bulking, you just simply have to accept the fact that you are going to put on fat. around your arms, legs, core, etc... Your state of mind has to be "ok i am bulking, so i am going to be dieting differently than I have, meaning I will put on fat, BUT then I am going to change things up and burn it all off and get shredded with more size." keep that mentality. Your 8 pack will be there, just under some fat. If you are concerned about that, according to how fast your matabilism is, do light cardio (ride the bike, tredmil, etc...) ed or eod. Just stay possitive man.

From personal experience, I can tell you don't let your BF get out of control. Sure your going to put on a little fat when gaining, but there is no nutrional value in chessburgers and pizza. I tried that and all I did was put on extra fat. You also seem to have experience with this, looking that you were once 300lbs.

If your a bb'er you don't need to be very concerned with the scale. You know how you want to look, and it doesn't matter if you look that way at 180lbs or 240. The scale really isn't a great measurement for gains, especially when on steroids because you have to factor in bloat, fat gain, muscle gain and then again after PCT.

I say 3500-4000 calories is more than enough.

Back