Can anyone help me with fat loss advice? I'm coming back from a major injury.

elmariachi

Hey Guys,

How's it going? I used to train hard for over 10 years, mma, cardio, weights, etc. Ran a few long cycles (test, deca) and got some great gains. Things were going great. About a year or so ago my back went. I had an MRI and my four lowest discs are prolapsed. I spent some time in bed and had great depression and stopped training. I still kept on a trt dose (I'm 41)

Unfortunately I let myself go a bit and my BF went from 12% to 25%. Anyway, two months ago I stopped feeling sorry for myself and started outside just simple flat walking each day. I then started walking up hills and now each day I climb a hill near me that has 400m elevation with some slopes at 40%. It's hard work and each time I do it I'm out of breath. However, it is becoming a lot more easier as my cardio system is building up.

Now I'm determined to drop my BF and was looking for some advice. At the moment I'm having a black cup of coffee when waking up at 6am, 3.3iu of pharma grade HGH (to promote lipolysis) then i do my walk about round 9am and finally eat a single meal around 1pm (trying omad)

I'm just wondering if this is the best way of dropping BF? It seems to be working so far, my clothes are getting a lot looser. I think soon I will introduce weights again in the afternoon a couple of times a week.

Is there anything else I can do to increase the speed of losing BF? Or just stick to what I'm doing?

Thanks for any advice,
El. M.

First off, when depression kicks in, it's really hard to do anything, I know where you're coming from, at least in that regard. So congrats for making the firsts steps. Talking a little bit about fat loos, there's nothing new under the sun really. Caloric deficit, a good macros ratio, according to your TDEE and all of that (good info here at the forum), things going down slowly, etc. I'm sorry about your problem, I don't know much about what you are available to do regarding wheight lifting, but what about isolated muscle training to not stress your back? Of course, with medical advice first. Most of the strategies to push the scale a little bit to your favor are mostly for the last stage of your weight loss journey. I'm sure people here have more experience than me when it comes to dealing with injuries while training and so. But starting to do something is great, and results are slowly going to appear. Keep it going, and I hope you find something useful around.

Thanks Bro. I'm doing good, I'm working on core body weight stuff at the moment. I'm probably done with the heavy weights now. I don't need to get any wider at 5 foot 8. :)

I guess what I'm doing is working, it's not really rocket science.

Back