Can B12 shots be an alternative to TRT ?

Jacob*

I pulled this from another forum but I would like to get another point of view on this case. Could B12 shots be another alternative? B12 wont increase T but you still get get energy, libido ? What does his blood work says ?

" Long time lurker here wanting to share my recent experience with Naturopathic.

I work at a fairly busy Fire department and previous experience on Wildfire crews and in the ER.

Progressively over the last 3 years having shitty mood, terrible sleep, no energy, no libido, all the signs of low T. I turn 31 this year.

Saw a Naturopathic a few guys recommended at the station and have seen some awesome results in the last 3 weeks.

Doc and I talked about my symptoms and walked out that day with "B12/Ginseng" IM injections every day for 30 days until my next blood draw, as well as "Selevance" before bed to help me sleep deeper.

"B12 /Ginseng" 1cc every day for 30 days"

" Blood draw results the first appointment. I go back in a week to get drawn again and see if T and Vitamin D has improved. Overall in the last 3 weeks nearly all my symptoms have improved to easily managable levels without T.

I welcome the idea of doing T in the future, but feel that if my symptoms are improved I would be willing to wait.

Hope everyone is getting the help they need. If anyone has questions or criticism feel free to flame away. Here are my lab results. "

View attachment 560921

View attachment 560923

View attachment 560924

View attachment 560922

Last edited:
Unbelievable 9er :Pat:
No it has nothing to do with testosterone. You need to look these things up. Now the best delivery type of B-12 is Methycobalamin Not Cyanacobolamin which is what the doctor will shot you with. It's cheap and BS. Go to a health food store and get Methycobalamin B-12. Take 5,000 mcg a day. Sublingual tabs. I use it every day. it helps my appetite and energy. Good luck

I know it has nothing to do with T but apparently the dude feels better.....I'm just playing the noob devils advocat. His T levels is low but he says he has more energy :insane2:

Tell him about the Methycobalamin B-12 it is night and day difference. the absorption is much better. People can show a level of B-12 which is false. It doesn't tell you how much is actually absorbed and it may not be sufficient. If he isn't getting the Methyl he will feel better yet with it. Tell him good luck from Ology ::wavey:

Last edited:
Just be careful with B-12. If you have naturally high levels like me, caused myself an anxiety/overdrive type of situation with myself. Basically I was taking 5000mcg a day, and after a few months one day my heart started racing at about 115-120 while I was just sitting there. It goes a way after a little while. However, it freaked me out. My blood pressure had jumped as well. That caused an anxiety reaction. Anytime I thought I felt an episode coming on then my heart rate and bp jumped up.

Come to find out I seit around 770-850 or so on the scale for B-12 levels. The top of the range is around 936. My sky level had gone sky high with supplementation. B12 speeds up your metabolism, and that's what initially happened, then turned into a partially mental thing for me. Now I avoid all b12 and I still sit around 770. So, you might want to find out what your B12 levels are before you start supplementing. If you're naturally high, or even in the middle of the scale, it's pretty much a waste to supplement with additional.

Did you verify you "too" high of B12 with bloodwork? I believe this is psychological. Your bloodwork ddoesn't tell you the level.of absorption and is sometimes very wrong showing false highs on b12

A daily dose of 5,000 mcg a orally is NOT too much. You can do 10,000 mcg in one injection. IM not every day though. With all due respect did you research this?

oh you also said when you thought an episode would be coming on ?? That's in your head my friend

Last edited:
Did you verify you "too" high of B12 with bloodwork? I believe this is psychological. Your bloodwork ddoesn't tell you the level.of absorption and is sometimes very wrong showing false highs on b12

It was all verified with blood work. After it started SOME of it was absolutely psychological. That was after it started. I tested my theories by checking every supplement and vitamin I was taking. When I removed b12 for two months, it started to be better, when I added it the frequency increased after a few weeks.

So, I asked to have my b12 tested. After not taking b12 for two months my level was over 1600 with the top of the range being around 963 or so. It took the better part of 4-5 months for me level to come down to the high 700's. Around 772ish. This was after making nothing I was taking had b12 in it. If course red meat had some b12 and poultry even has a tiny bit, but it's very low. I think red meat is around 2.4mcg per 3 oz.

So, no it wasn't all in my head. Although the initial start of it all definitely caused a psychological side effect. To this day a year later I'm still ultra aware of small changes in my heart rate. Less than before, but my heart rate can be 76, and I can tell its raised from let's say 64-68 at rest.

no,but will work in keeping a clean house or fire department... What I meant is when I did the B-12 shots it gave me so much energy my house was spotless. Great for the gym also..

Last edited:

This, I'll agree with and have never said different. I described my experience and knowledge of b12. What did the doctors say. You did ask them. Is b12 know to raise heart rate. Usually anxiety causes the heart rate to go up not the other way. Some it up Ask ur doc

How about TRT AND B-12. BAM! :axe:

If someone is receiving supplements that they are deficient in, they will feel better. If someone is lacking quality sleep, then start sleeping better - they'll feel amazing!

However, anyone that has spent time hypogonadal will tell you that there simply is no way around it. The body needs testosterone, and if it's lacking - you feel like shit. I personally had tried about everything possible under the sun as I went undiagnosed for a decade.

2 months into TRT was like a light switch had been flicked on with the power of 100 atomic bombs. I was no longer tited/anxious/depressed/angry/addlebrained/distant/uncaring/frustrated/et cetera.

I enjoy methylcobalamin just like Mike. It's great stuff, but definitely won't fix hypogonadism.

My .02c :)

This, I'll agree with and have never said different. I described my experience and knowledge of b12. What did the doctors say. You did ask them. Is b12 know to raise heart rate. Usually anxiety causes the heart rate to go up not the other way. Some it up Ask ur doc

B12 can raise metabolism, which can raise your heart rate. My levels were off the chart. If I was at 1600+ when I hadn't touched b12 in 2 months, what was I at when taking 5000mcg a day? I have no idea, but I'm guessing REALLY fucking high!

I know what I felt, I know when I removed b12 things got better, when I added it back it got worse, removed it again it got better, that led me to test levels, and they were very high. I know since my levels have come down within the normal to high normal range I have been much better.

What I know to be is true is for some reason I'm naturally on the higher side of normal for my b12 levels (from blood tests). I did not know this before taking the b12. I was looking for extra energy, this was before I started TRT, and come to find out I had low normal test levels. The initial reaction was physical, the rest of the time it was partially physical, and partially psychological. Because, when your heart rate jumps to 120, and your blood pressure to around 150/130 for seemingly no reason it freaks you the fuck out. Now I don't have that reaction, however being very UP on caffeine can give me a similar feeling of the onset of what used to happen, but it doesn't. That part I've worked past mentally for the most part at this point. It just took a while.

I took this route while hypogonadal. Just B12.
It doesn't cut it hommie. Don't waste your time.

Back