Can changing your diet change your fat storage places?

Bellatanger

Hi i am new to the Forum and to weight training.

I am skinny fat and have a rectangle body type, with a very short torso, my legs are very slim and i have no butt. You wont guess i have any fat at all anywhere but actually i can grab fat from my torso: stomach, waist,back, love handles and High hips (as my torso is very short my High hips look like part of the torso). When i grab my torso fat and pull it back it seems like i could have a hourglass figure front view if i lose that fat, but the more weight i lose the slimmer my legs and butt become and the more rectangle i look.

I can not afford to have liposuction and a Brazilian butt lift, and anyway doctor said i dont have enough fat to make a diference on my butt.

My diet untill now have been mostly sweets,cakes, chocolate, pasta and sometimes meat (as i did not seem to get fat i just ate junk food all the time).

I started the gym 2 weeks ago and a clean diet and have cut down all sugar; i have read that eating sugar raise insulin levels and create fat around the torso. I am scare i will lose more weight from my legs and butt, because those are the parts i want to increase size, and when i lose weight i only reduce volumen on that áreas.

I was wondering if changing my eating habits and weight training could change the places i store fat and i could get the hourglass figure i desire.

Do you think i can take something to help me store fat on lover hips, legs and butt instead of on midsection?
Talking the pill does not work, i was on diane 35 for years and only made my torso bigger due Water retention but did not increase size on my lower body.

Any recomendations please?
Thanks very much and sorry if i make any misspelling, because english is not my first lenguage.

Welcome! You have a lot to learn about diet, so please read up in the diet section and ask questions there.

If you want to increase your butt size you should lift weights! Squats and glute bridges will give you more size and a nice shape.

Unfortunately genetics dictates where we will store fat- to my knowledge you can't change that. But you can add healthy size in the form of muscle.

Do you think i can take something to help me store fat on lover hips, legs and butt instead of on midsection?
Talking the pill does not work, i was on diane 35 for years and only made my torso bigger due Water retention but did not increase size on my lower body.

Any recomendations please?
try eating lots of fast foods if you want to store fat on lover hips, legs and butt instead of on midsection.

you can't change where you store fat with diet . why not just build a ton of muscle and burn the fat , instead of worrying about where you store it.
the biggest issue with being 'skinny-fat' is the 'skinny' part . your main goal right now should be building muscle , heck build enough muscle and the fat you have may go unnoticed, or you'll lose some of that fat in the process of weight training to build muscle

weight training will probably be the best way to develop the 'curves' and look your wanting, much faster then where body fat is stored. spend less time on the treadmill and more time lifting heavy weights :)

Last edited:
Sadly, the places where your body stores fats cannot be changed by anything. To increase the mass of the lower part of your body, you can do squats and jog up-and-down stairs. Also, make sure you keep circulation flowing in your legs all the time. One of the reasons why some women get super skinny legs is they fold it up too much when they're sitting down. Don't let your legs be stuck in your seat frequently. Stretch them often.

Back