Can I cycle Androgel 1.63?

jj341

'm 62 years old, 5'11", 175lbs. and in relatively good shape but I have very low free test and mid level total test. I was on Androderm 4 mg patches for 6 weeks in August/September. My testicles began to ache after about a month. I was told that my natural t production was shutting down and my testicles were shrinking. I stopped the Androderm and I tried to address the low free test issue with natural supplements to no avail.
Since then my doctor prescribed Androgel 1.62 and my insurance accepted it. I know if I start it I'll have the same shutting down and testicle pain issue. I would like to know if I would benefit from cycling Androderm 1 month on and one month off or some other type of dosing schedule that would allow me to increase my free test without shutting down my natural production?
I know I can take Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) with the Androgel 1.63 to avoid the testicle shrinkage but I don't want to go that route at this time. Thank you.

If you start taking testosterone, in any form, it will shut down your natural production. You will be forced to continue testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or try to restart your natural production once you stop trt. What is your current t level? Providing your lab work is helpful.

Doing what you are hoping for with androgel is not going to work.

My total T is 410 on a reference range of 241-827 and my free test is 10.31 on a reference range of 8.69-54.69. I have the symptoms of low test. There is an oil based sublingual Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG). Would that be effective? I'm asking if that would be an option instead of pinning? Thanks.

Just curious, why do you want to cycle instead of starting trt? Why not just do testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and get your levels back to normal and keep them that way?

I want to cycle because in September I was on Androderm patches and I had severe pain in my testicles as they began to shrink. My research here informed me that to avoid this I had to pin Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to keep the testicles plump. I don't want to pin Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) so that's why I asked the original question about cycling Androgel. Thanks.

I want to cycle because in September I was on Androderm patches and I had severe pain in my testicles as they began to shrink. My research here informed me that to avoid this I had to pin Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to keep the testicles plump. I don't want to pin Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) so that's why I asked the original question about cycling Androgel. Thanks.

Cycling steroids will have the same shrinkage effect on your testicles. You would have to do a pct after your cycle to get them back.

Why don't you wanna pin HCG?

Back